Rate This Thread - Floyd Central Midnight Madness.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
HollerBoy is on a distinguished road
Default Floyd Central Midnight Madness
I know most players are football players, but was anyone there to watch? What was some takeaways you had? Any players shocked or stand out to you?
Send a private message to HollerBoy Add HollerBoy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
rustyfan213 is on a distinguished road
Overall, they looked good,, I think the players really enjoyed it and the fans and family also enjoyed it. But for some, it was all for nothing. All show for the coach. Two days after Madness was Team Tryouts, which was also useless. Not 1 player that didn't play in the "summer ball" made the cut for 1 of the 3 teams that coach spurlock stated he would have. One player that scored and rebounded and hustled during madness and should have atleast been on a team, I guess where he was a senior and didn't "look" the part was also cut. Fair is fair and I'm all about cutting players that are not up to par, but about 10 guys where cut unfairly because the didn't attend summer ball....maybe coach spurlock needs to re-read the bylaws...........Also,, football player must automatically be on the team......Its turning into a joke on beaver creek.
Send a private message to rustyfan213 Add rustyfan213 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 11:35 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I just spit the real,, some don't like to hear the truth...........
Send a private message to rustyfan213 Add rustyfan213 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Theking123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rustyfan213 View Post
Overall, they looked good,, I think the players really enjoyed it and the fans and family also enjoyed it. But for some, it was all for nothing. All show for the coach. Two days after Madness was Team Tryouts, which was also useless. Not 1 player that didn't play in the "summer ball" made the cut for 1 of the 3 teams that coach spurlock stated he would have. One player that scored and rebounded and hustled during madness and should have atleast been on a team, I guess where he was a senior and didn't "look" the part was also cut. Fair is fair and I'm all about cutting players that are not up to par, but about 10 guys where cut unfairly because the didn't attend summer ball....maybe coach spurlock needs to re-read the bylaws...........Also,, football player must automatically be on the team......Its turning into a joke on beaver creek.
I wasn't there but if it was a first time playing senior then it is hard to pick thenm because how can they help you next year if they are a first time player you waste your time showing them your style of playing that is just my thought and if they didn't play summer ball how do you explain picking over a summer playing person
Send a private message to Theking123 Add Theking123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 03:19 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
If you read the bylaws,, you can't hold it against a player/child for not being able to make it during the off season.. Child transferred in for reasons other than basketball. Had all the players family's doing fundraisers and different things. The top guys during the entire conditioning period didn't make it either. Some could run a mile in under 5 minutes and could play the game with the best on the team. I've been around basketball for 35 years now. I can tell you by watching if a player understands how to play the game. But to hold it against a child for not doing summer ball, which is against the rules if it is afilliliated with the school during the off season. Read the rules. They are easy to find.... Then tell me I'm wrong.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Bylaws state you cannot hold that against a player or child, for not playing in the summer, but guess what,,, he did. Read the bylaws,,,, easy to find.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:27 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Bylaws state you cannot hold that against a player or child, for not playing in the summer, but guess what,,, he did. Read the bylaws,,,, easy to find.
Maybe he didn't have what the coach was looking for and if you think he did where has he been the last 3 years!!!!!
Send a private message to Theking123 Add Theking123 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 10:26 PM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Maybe, maybe, maybe,,,,, maybe he really didn't care.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Maybe, maybe, maybe,,,,, maybe he really didn't care.
If he don't care why does it bother you so much and why did he wait till senior to play where has he been
Old 10-29-2017, 04:41 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Truth Sarum is on a distinguished road
They should be good this season.
Send a private message to Truth Sarum Add Truth Sarum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball