Rate This Thread - CDC Recommending a new shingles vacine.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:35 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,486 Times in 3,470 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default CDC Recommending a new shingles vacine
I was recently diagnosed with whooping cough. It was very late in my illness that I was diagnosed, and I had never had the adult booster vaccination. I have never been this sick in my entire life.

I have learned my lesson!! I will take a flu shot, pneumonia shot, pertussis shot AND the new shingles shot!! I won't be caught unaware again.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/25/health...ine/index.html

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-26-2017, 04:56 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 968 Times in 652 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Granny Bear, I often hear about the negative reactions to this type of thing. What are your thoughts?

Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:09 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,486 Times in 3,470 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
While I completely understand some folks hesitating to be vaccinated, I believe it is up to the individual to get adult boosters.

Childhood vaccines, I believe, should be given. I have read massive amounts of material about linking those vaccinations to things like auto immune diseases and even mental dysfunctions; however, I believe the positive far out weighs the negative.

Now that being said, I don't have an autistic or sick child that I suspect was caused from immunizations. But there are other options, too. I know one concerned mother, actually the best mother I know, halved her son's vaccinations and would space out his shots.

It's a hard call to make. I would never want anybody to go through what I have been going through since the first of August.
Old 10-26-2017, 05:18 PM
MOD

Liked 7,770 Times in 5,365 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
When I was at the doctor last week I asked them if I could go ahead and take the shingles vaccine. They said you have to wait till 50.
That's definitely a vaccine everyone should take
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 06:39 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 968 Times in 652 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
My Mom had shingles a few years ago. I had a co-worker who had been complaining about back pain. I kept telling her she was a hypochondriac. She had been complaining about her back for a few days. One morning at work I walked up to her and slapped her on the back hard. I only did this because we always joked around with each other a lot, and she was honestly tough as nails. She almost fell to the floor. She told me she had shingles. I felt awful and still do to this day.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions