Rate This Thread - University of Kentucky 29 University of Tennessee 26.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:08 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,492 Times in 3,472 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default University of Kentucky 29 University of Tennessee 26
It wasn't pretty but I'll take it

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-28-2017, 11:30 PM
2nd String
Liked 302 Times in 209 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Amen. We can analyze it some other time. Right now, we just beat Tennessee. In football. We sure donít get to say that enough.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:01 AM
Statistician
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
MountainBall44 is on a distinguished road
Defense was HUGE on 3rd down tonight when it mattered! A win is a win..
GO CATS
Send a private message to MountainBall44 Add MountainBall44 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 03:03 AM
MOD

Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Ole Miss, Vandy, and Lville are all very winnable games. That could mean a 9-3 finish. Great improvement record wise, but I just can't see any on field improvement.

UK really needs to win those three for an actual decent bowl game and national recruiting exposure.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:32 AM
2nd String
Liked 302 Times in 209 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
No I agree, while Iím certainly ok with our record, Iím still disappointed with our overall play, just feel like we should have been more complete as a team this year. This is probably the weakest overall SEC in memory, yet every week is a struggle to beat teams like Tennessee, Missouri, even EKU and Eastern Michigan. Itís progress I guess that we are winning most of those games, but Iím afraid we are missing a chance to really move up in the conference pecking order with the way some of the other programs are struggling.
enknight84 (10-29-2017), RunItUpTheGut (10-29-2017)
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Asst. Coach

Liked 501 Times in 354 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
4 fumbles inside our own territory and we win...Stephen Johnson is a winner and one tough and gutty SOB...I will admit as we were driving for the win I said to the guy next to me I was having Mark Higgs four tries from the one yard line flashbacks or all the other 100 ways we lost to UTee fails over my 61 year lifetime...But this team pretty or not found a way to win and I left the stadium with a bid grin on my face...6-2 and bowl eligible in Oct, enjoy BBN...
Old 10-29-2017, 11:50 AM
Head Coach

Liked 996 Times in 687 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
A win is a win i reckon. To know just how bad UT is look at the stats, UK had 4 turnovers and ONLY 82 yards passing, and still managed to win. Like people above, the record looks good but the play on the field is not. It seems like we just canít go in a game we should win and put it away early. Always has to be a struggle win. Thank goodness the SEC East is god awful this year. Besides the Georgia game it is possible for UK to win out, which would be great for several reasons. I just wished our wins could come a little easier over these down teams.

Now, why are we not using CJ Conrad more? I heard him say his role changed 4 weeks ago, and hasnít even been targeted much at all lately. I understand his frustrations, I would hate to lose him because he knows how good he can be. This kid could be a great tightend but Coach Gran just refuses to use him. They actually have two good tightends but just donít use them at all. Doesnít make much sense to me when I see teams use tight ends the way they do and we have what could be one of the best and never use him.
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:00 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,910 Times in 1,308 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Stephen Johnson IS THE MAN!!!!

When he ran back out on the field, it was just as good as seeing a professional wrestler making their entrance for the main event of WrestleMania...... kRoger field went crazy, you could see the entire UK team get re-energized and you could just feel we were gonna win.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:18 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Stephen Johnson is certainly the bright spot for this team. LOVE his attitude!!

I know that Snell holds most of our offense, but is so inconsistent!! I liked his swagger during the after game interview, though. He sure has a lot of self confidence.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:19 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,416 Times in 1,713 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Sweet win. When Johnson came back out the energy exploded at Kroger Stadium.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 12:25 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
2011 & 2017.... These are the only two times UK has beat Tennessee in my lifetime.

And I have been there for both games!!!!!

OldJacket (10-29-2017)
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Asst. Coach

Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
2011 & 2017.... These are the only two times UK has beat Tennessee in my lifetime.

And I have been there for both games!!!!!
Was there in 1964 (Thanks Dad) my first UK vs UT game at UT I think, 1976-77 was grad student at UK, 1981, 1984 (my oldest sons first UK UT game), 2011 and now 2017...They have been few and far between...Still grinning this morning...
Old 10-29-2017, 01:30 PM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Why did we waste a scholarship on barker?
He's a complete waste of a scholarship
OldJacket (10-29-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:24 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Why did we waste a scholarship on barker?
He's a complete waste of a scholarship
When he was signed, he was supposed to have been Mr. Incredible.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:14 PM
Asst. Coach

Barker was a 4 star recruit and was offered by Spurrier at South Carolina, he seems hopelessly lost on the field...Heard a story about him yesterday at the tailgate that doesnít speak well to his character...
Old 10-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Scout Team
Liked 59 Times in 41 Posts
i know, right? is on a distinguished road
I still donít understand why they go with Barker. I would love to see what Gunner can do. Kid has never gotten a chance
RunItUpTheGut (10-29-2017)
Send a private message to i know, right? Add i know, right? to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:56 PM
Statistician
Liked 36 Times in 30 Posts
Mister D is on a distinguished road
A win is a win and since weíve only won twice in the last 33 years Iím going to take it. An ugly win is a lot better than a pretty lose.

I would agree with everyone about Barker. I donít know if the commitment is there from him and he has not looked good at all. Hoak looked great in on the summer and blue-white scrimmage. Really donít know why Barker is still the backup considering.
Send a private message to Mister D Add Mister D to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:59 PM
BGR Staff

Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Barker was a 4 star recruit and was offered by Spurrier at South Carolina, he seems hopelessly lost on the field...Heard a story about him yesterday at the tailgate that doesnít speak well to his character...
Partying with Stoops??
Old 10-29-2017, 08:34 PM
MOD

He wasnt even the best QB in northern Kentucky at the time.
That kid at Simon Kenton was much better than him.
His popularity was paid for
Old 10-29-2017, 08:47 PM
2nd String
Liked 291 Times in 196 Posts
Black Bear Cuz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not an impressive win
Letís see, TN had not scored a TD in 14 qtrs coming in, winless in the SEC, terrible against the run, struggled to beat Umass at home, they have no QB, there best RB didnít play and there coach is going to be fired any day now... We have them at home and we have a good QB and with all that we have working for us that I mentioned we still have to endure that last pass play that prob would have been a td if their QB had a stronger arm to get our 2nd win in 34 years against that Rocky Top singing bunch??? And weíre supposed to enjoy that???? Iím sorry, but I cannot!
Demarcus ware (10-30-2017), Westside (10-30-2017)
Send a private message to Black Bear Cuz Add Black Bear Cuz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 10:21 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by Black Bear Cuz View Post
Letís see, TN had not scored a TD in 14 qtrs coming in, winless in the SEC, terrible against the run, struggled to beat Umass at home, they have no QB, there best RB didnít play and there coach is going to be fired any day now... We have them at home and we have a good QB and with all that we have working for us that I mentioned we still have to endure that last pass play that prob would have been a td if their QB had a stronger arm to get our 2nd win in 34 years against that Rocky Top singing bunch??? And weíre supposed to enjoy that???? Iím sorry, but I cannot!
We've beat Tennessee only two times since the 1984 season.... for all of the heartbreaks and the blowouts we've had at the hands of the Vols in that time period, I'll take a W over them any way we can get it.

Big deal, we didn't play good.... Big deal, they scored some TD's....
What matters is that we are 6-2. Old Kentucky football looses that game by 4-5 TD's. This team found a way to win. They could have gave up after loosing the four fumbles and being down late in the 4th qtr., but they didn't. They drove the ball, scored a TD and 2pt. conv., then was able to keep them out of the endzone that we are so used to seeing go against us.

Sometimes you win by Knockout & sometimes you win by Split Decision. Regardless, a W is a W.

OldJacket (10-30-2017), Wildcatk23 (10-30-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 08:52 AM
Asst. Coach

Credit to Jeff Drummond
For only the fourth time in the history of the UK football program, the Cats have secured six wins bowl eligiblity in Oct...Let that sink in for a moment. Kentucky has been playing college football since 1881...
Old 10-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Head Coach

I agree. Just not excited about it. Hate to be the Debbie Downer here but struggle wins against Conference winless Vols, Eastern Michigan, and beat an FCS team by 11 just isn't stimulating..We should have beaten Florida because you can bet they will bounce back with a new coach and the streak will continue, that one is more on the coaches i guess. DB's are kinda important to have on the field LOL...

Sorry Pulp but UK never wins by Knockout
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 05:46 PM
Contact Stardust For Help

Liked 942 Times in 681 Posts
Wildcatk23 has a spectacular aura aboutWildcatk23 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Wildcatk23 Send a message via Yahoo to Wildcatk23
Then please move on to basketball and stop whining. The everyday bitching about Football and Stoops is so annoying. Yes we get it, you want them to win every game by 50 and only lose to Alabama. Well NO. It's not gonna happen. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Or Ever. Kentucky football is Kentucky football, Beat TN 2 times in 30 years and people wanna complain about not beating them by 30? WE HAD 4 FUMBLES! ITS AMAZING WE DIDNT LOSE BY 30? Yes our coaches make stupid decisions, our players take plays off and play down to their competition. However, Its amazing that Kentucky is 6-2 and Bowl Eligible in October. We are favored our next two games and can easily be 8-2 leading into Georgia beating us by 40. Just enjoy it, Man i feel like you are the fan in Sec *** that just ***** and complain the entire game or the ones who don't watch but rep Kentucky Basketball shirts all season.

Send a private message to Wildcatk23 Add Wildcatk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Head Coach

^^^^Talks about people bitching and whining while bitching and whining
Old 10-30-2017, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Demarcus ware View Post
^^^^Talks about people bitching and whining while bitching and whining
People bitching and whining about UK football like we use to be a powerhouse or something . It hasnít been this good in a long time . Enjoy this possible 9 won season. You can go back to calling for stoops head next year.
Send a private message to Wildcatk23 Add Wildcatk23 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:22 AM
MOD

OldJacket (10-31-2017), Spud6 (10-31-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 09:08 AM
Asst. Coach

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Thatís a BIG Yahtzee
Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Head Coach

Originally Posted by Wildcatk23 View Post
Then please move on to basketball and stop whining. The everyday bitching about Football and Stoops is so annoying. Yes we get it, you want them to win every game by 50 and only lose to Alabama. Well NO. It's not gonna happen. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Or Ever. Kentucky football is Kentucky football, Beat TN 2 times in 30 years and people wanna complain about not beating them by 30? WE HAD 4 FUMBLES! ITS AMAZING WE DIDNT LOSE BY 30? Yes our coaches make stupid decisions, our players take plays off and play down to their competition. However, Its amazing that Kentucky is 6-2 and Bowl Eligible in October. We are favored our next two games and can easily be 8-2 leading into Georgia beating us by 40. Just enjoy it, Man i feel like you are the fan in Sec *** that just ***** and complain the entire game or the ones who don't watch but rep Kentucky Basketball shirts all season.
Is today’s game what we are supposed to enjoy?
Old 11-04-2017, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Demarcus ware View Post
Is todayís game what we are supposed to enjoy?
Itís kentucky football, go cheer for Alabama you whiny child . Fans like you are the worst and probably complain about the basketball team and cal everytime we lose or a player goes pro.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Football