Rate This Thread - Earthquake in Bell County.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-02-2017, 12:31 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,492 Times in 3,472 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Default Earthquake in Bell County
Epicenter was at Frakes. Anybody feel this?? I didn't.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Ear...454696733.html

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-02-2017, 01:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 972 Times in 654 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
I didn't feel anything. I felt the one that hit Pike County about 2-4 years ago on a Saturday around noon. It actually felt quit strong yet it was a baby earthquake. I can't imagine living in Cali.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 01:22 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
Epicenter was at Frakes. Anybody feel this?? I didn't.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Ear...454696733.html
That is the second one to hit eastern Kentucky in about a week. Brandon Robinson posted on facebook a few weeks about another. I wonder when the big one will hit here.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
If you are talking about the New Madrid fault, my guess is that everyone will feel it!! Last time a quake hit there, the Mississippi River ran backward!! That just blows my simple mind.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 107 Times in 84 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
If you are talking about the New Madrid fault, my guess is that everyone will feel it!! Last time a quake hit there, the Mississippi River ran backward!! That just blows my simple mind.
That just goes to show ya the power of mother nature, all of our technology and bombs have nothing on her fury. What did the quake you were talking about register? did they ever say?
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 09:27 PM
BGR Staff

I don't remember exactly, it was small. Like 3.2 maybe.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:19 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 107 Times in 84 Posts
Hound05 is on a distinguished road
Thatís still decent for this area. Until new Madrid hits
Send a private message to Hound05 Add Hound05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:06 AM
MOD

Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Doesn't the Mississippi run the way it does (backwards) to this day because of That?
The last one that could be felt in Corbin happened what seemed like 7 or 8 years ago?
I worked late the night before and slept.right threw it
Never woulda known what hit me.

Have you all ever seen the collapsible beds for people that live in active earthquake areas? They collapse when they start shaking from an earthquake and drop.you inside the box, mattress and all and there you will have water, food, etc until they can dig you out if needed. Looks pretty cool.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Doesn't the Mississippi run the way it does (backwards) to this day because of That?
The last one that could be felt in Corbin happened what seemed like 7 or 8 years ago?
I worked late the night before and slept.right threw it
Never woulda known what hit me.

Have you all ever seen the collapsible beds for people that live in active earthquake areas? They collapse when they start shaking from an earthquake and drop.you inside the box, mattress and all and there you will have water, food, etc until they can dig you out if needed. Looks pretty cool.
My bed has collapsed a few times, but it wasn't from an earthquake. I was just laying in it.
RunItUpTheGut (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 08:45 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 83 Times in 65 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
If I'm being honest, a catastrophic earthquake is one of my biggest "irrational" fears in life. I can't control or stop it, and it can't be predicted. But, man, the thought of being in a situation where everything is shaking and collapsing around me, I'm not emotionally strong enough to be able to roll with that.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 AM
BGR Staff

^^I can understand that. Where do you go and what do you do? Stay inside and get crushed or run outside and chance falling a few miles underground if a cavern opens up?
Old 11-03-2017, 10:35 PM
Head Coach
Liked 204 Times in 155 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
It's a real big deal around Paducah. Mortgage companies now require earthquake insurance and a homeowners' rider with $40,000 deductible on a $200,000 masonry home costs anywhere from $400 to $700 a year extra. When the New Madrid lets loose with a rattle, I have seen bricks fall out of chimneys in smaller towns down around the actual fault 30 miles away. We had one trembler 10-12 years ago in the night where people actually left their homes on my street and were out in their yards.
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Head Coach
Liked 204 Times in 155 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
We had five New Madrid tremors Friday LOL

http://www.westkentuckystar.com/News...ur-Friday.aspx
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions