Rate This Thread - Western Hills 29 Russell 20.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 175 Times in 142 Posts
GOREDDEVILS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Western Hills 29 Russell 20
final
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:44 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,416 Times in 1,713 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Western Hills
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Congratulations to Western Hills on the Win.
Send a private message to GOREDDEVILS Add GOREDDEVILS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:02 PM
Statistician
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road
All four teams from district 4 advance tonight! Congrats to each of them!!! Wildcat Nation knew what he was talking about.
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rip/Spin View Post
All four teams from district 4 advance tonight! Congrats to each of them!!! Wildcat Nation knew what he was talking about.
I had said I wouldn't surprised if Russell's whole district went out in round 1 as well.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 972 Times in 654 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
A great win for the Wolverines.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:49 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kyfootball32 is on a distinguished road
Truly shows how strong the district of Boyle, lex Cath, garrard, western hills truly Is! Congrats to all!
Send a private message to Kyfootball32 Add Kyfootball32 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:35 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 28 Times in 21 Posts
THINBLUELINE411 is on a distinguished road
Oh how Russell has fallen. A losing season!
Send a private message to THINBLUELINE411 Add THINBLUELINE411 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:01 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 34 Times in 23 Posts
FootballGuy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by THINBLUELINE411 View Post
Poor guy canít do nothing but point out the obvious! Devils will be back once the talent comes up.
Send a private message to FootballGuy Add FootballGuy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:08 AM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
Literally, nothing to do with coaching. Every other team in the area has fallen compared to what they used to be. It has to do more with the loss of jobs in the area than the falling of Russell football.
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:26 AM
Statistician
Liked 73 Times in 56 Posts
nekysportsfan is on a distinguished road
I disagree with the idea that every other team in the area has fallen compared to what they used to be. Raceland is similar to how they are every year. Ashland is one win away from their first 10 win season since 1990. If you consider Paintsville and Johnson Central to be in the area, then they are as good as ever, maybe even better. Actually, Johnson Centralís teams of the past few years might be as good as any to ever come through our area.

I agree, though, if youíre defending the Russell coaches. It just doesnít look like they have much talent on the field to work with. I donít know why the talent is so depleted at Russell, but I think there are better players coming up so they should improve. Now if they are still posting losses and exiting in the first round of the playoffs in the next 3 years, then it might be time to question the coaches.
Send a private message to nekysportsfan Add nekysportsfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Scout Team
Liked 195 Times in 125 Posts
Slic Ric is on a distinguished road
Curious to know because I cannot remember. What number range do you have to be in to be considered a 3A school in football? I know a few years back I thought Russell played up to stay in their current district instead of traveling a lot to be in 2A. Am I wrong?

Anyone know the range, & Russell's numbers in relation to classification?
Send a private message to Slic Ric Add Slic Ric to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 AM
Cheerleader
I only point out the truth. Wins and losses are facts. They are objective measuring sticks which are used to determine success or failure. Keep on dreaming and being drunk on kool aid! Russell will never be a serious title contender again while the current regime is there!
Send a private message to THINBLUELINE411 Add THINBLUELINE411 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:07 AM
Head Coach
Liked 422 Times in 340 Posts
99PIRATEFAN is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kyfootball32 View Post
Truly shows how strong the district of Boyle, lex Cath, garrard, western hills truly Is! Congrats to all!

Western Hills wins a good game Lexington Cath. Wins a close one if that shows how strong Boyleís district is then it should show you that Russellís district is right there with them or if you think Russellís is down then it should show you that Boyleís district is right there with Russellís I personally think Lex. Cath. and Western Hills has zero defenses this whole season
Send a private message to 99PIRATEFAN Add 99PIRATEFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:08 AM
Cheerleader
In the post game Maynard referrered to possibly cutting kids next year? Ridiculous!! I hope he is arrogant enough to cut kids from a public school program that will be end of him!

He also once again blamed everyone but HIMSELF for a losing season! He blamed the seniors for their attitude and lack of leadership. NEWS FLASH attitude is a reflection of leadership! His poor itís never my fault attitude created this toxic plague like atmosphere!

Where is our program going when we talk about cutting kids? We are supposed to be molding these kids into men not throwing them out like Garbage!!

A garbage policy for a garbage coach!
Old 11-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Scout Team
Liked 114 Times in 68 Posts
Rebel55 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 99PIRATEFAN View Post
Western Hills wins a good game Lexington Cath. Wins a close one if that shows how strong Boyle’s district is then it should show you that Russell’s district is right there with them or if you think Russell’s is down then it should show you that Boyle’s district is right there with Russell’s I personally think Lex. Cath. and Western Hills has zero defenses this whole season
#4 seeded Garrard beat #1 seeded Fleming at their place. This tells me all that I need to know between the districts.
True that Lex Cath and Western Hills defense is down but they where good enough to keep Bath's and Russell's offense out of the end zone enough to get the W.
Send a private message to Rebel55 Add Rebel55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Water Boy
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
In the post game Maynard referrered to possibly cutting kids next year? Ridiculous!! I hope he is arrogant enough to cut kids from a public school program that will be end of him!

He also once again blamed everyone but HIMSELF for a losing season! He blamed the seniors for their attitude and lack of leadership. NEWS FLASH attitude is a reflection of leadership! His poor itís never my fault attitude created this toxic plague like atmosphere!

Where is our program going when we talk about cutting kids? We are supposed to be molding these kids into men not throwing them out like Garbage!!

Now if that occured, and I would love to hear a clip of it, I believe that is ridiculous. Football is a sport for EVERYONE. That's why it is so great. EVERYONE can have a role in football!
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Equipment Manager

Youíre so full of ****
Send a private message to FootballGuy Add FootballGuy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:06 PM
Hall of Fame

While I don't agree with much of what ThinBlueLine411 says I listened to the post game show on 107.1 fm and Maynard did indeed say something about possibly cutting some kids next year. Maynard made reference to ravamping the offense next year as well.
Old 11-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Scout Team
Liked 78 Times in 59 Posts
mightydog is on a distinguished road
What would the purpose of that? If theyre not good enough to play, just dont play them. You still need practice plavers, I played in the 70s when we had 70 plus upper 3 grades on the roster. The majority of them never saw the field. Majority of starters played both ways and on special teams. Everyone didnt have to play, no ones feelings were hurt, but it would have been crazy to have cut kids
THINBLUELINE411 (11-05-2017)
Send a private message to mightydog Add mightydog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 06:43 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by FootballGuy View Post
Youíre so full of ****
Obviously Iím not full of ****! I believe Iím the most hated man on here and people are agreeing with me! GO TO AN AA MTG!! Sober up!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:52 PM
Cheerleader
If you donít have a good reason for kicking a kid off a public school team in these days itís opens the school district up for a law suit! Just cutting kids because you donít like their attitude wonít cut it. They are teenagers by nature they are erratic and emotional nightmares.

Heís just arrogant enough to get the school district in a real mess! Remember who told you first! It really doesnít surprise me though from a man who doesnít play Seniors on SENIOR NIGHT!
Old 11-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 368 Times in 268 Posts
RAM-A-DEVIL is on a distinguished road
I think they had 74 this year. You must have some serious talent problems when you have 74 players and start 3 or 4 freshmen. Why not cut some players? You are obviously not going to play 74 players in a game. I personally wouldn't want to bust my *** for 16 straight weeks and never play. Cut me and I'll go do something else. Why do you need the big numbers and never use them?
Send a private message to RAM-A-DEVIL Add RAM-A-DEVIL to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:45 PM
Cheerleader
Yea then kids just quit coming out for football all together! Just go rub TJs back and clip his toenails for him then you and him can drink kool aid together all night!!
Old 11-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Equipment Manager
Yea then kids just quit coming out for football all together! Just go rub TJs back and clip his toenails for him then you and him can drink kool aid together all night!!
You sound like a mad soccer mom who's kid didn't get to play. Keep crying your heart out.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Scout Team
Liked 93 Times in 71 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RAM-A-DEVIL View Post
I think they had 74 this year. You must have some serious talent problems when you have 74 players and start 3 or 4 freshmen. Why not cut some players? You are obviously not going to play 74 players in a game. I personally wouldn't want to bust my *** for 16 straight weeks and never play. Cut me and I'll go do something else. Why do you need the big numbers and never use them?
Sources I had spoken to during 2015 season and 2016 season said that Russell would be down for a couple of years. Senior classes in 2015 and 2016 were pretty good and carried the load. Younger groups coming up were going to be better but was going to take a couple of years. So far they are spot on.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
5WIDE is on a distinguished road
Everything to do with coaching. TJ's bully ways only last so long. Plus the asst coaches other than Gary Morris have had little to zero succes as asst or head coaches. No way this tradition rich program should be this poor in one of the worst 3A district in the State.
THINBLUELINE411 (Today)
Send a private message to 5WIDE Add 5WIDE to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football