Rate This Thread - Expectations for UK this season.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:39 PM
MOD

Liked 7,782 Times in 5,372 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default Expectations for UK this season
What say You?

How many wins?
How deep in the tourney?
Etc etc
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-04-2017, 05:19 PM

Liked 797 Times in 625 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
I think it all depends on Vanderbilt getting back. Our inside presence scares me. We got no one who wants to bang around for boards on the inside. Our outside shooting also scares me a bit. I can't really make a fair judgement right now because of the caliber of teams we've played.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:44 PM
MOD

Liked 7,782 Times in 5,372 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
I'll deserve judgement for when i actually watch them play.
These players just don't excite me. I think we can all agree this is going to be a rough year. I don't think it will be 2013 bad, but I can definitely see a round of 32 loss in the tourney and possibly losing the SEC this year...
Van Hagar (11-06-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:25 AM
2nd String
Liked 303 Times in 210 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
These players just don't excite me. I think we can all agree this is going to be a rough year. I don't think it will be 2013 bad, but I can definitely see a round of 32 loss in the tourney and possibly losing the SEC this year...
Totally agree. You know I work with the public every day, and the number one subject, even above the weather, is UK basketball. And you know what? Folks are tired of the one and done. That's what I keep hearing over and over, despite the KSR guys saying that's not so. Out here in the real world it is, people want a team they can relate to, not some players for hire for a year. If Calipari leaves here with only one title he's gonna be looked at like the Atlanta Braves. They won one World Series during their great regular season runs, but are still looked at as a disappointment overall.
RunItUpTheGut (11-06-2017)
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 11:13 AM

Liked 797 Times in 625 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Agreed. Knox is the only player on the team that I could see playing in the NBA and not on a DLeague team. But hopefully when we start playing better teams these guys will really showcase what they actually can do.
Send a private message to Spud6 Add Spud6 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Scout Team
Liked 112 Times in 92 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
I'm generally pretty positive about the program, but this year will be kind of rough. Looking at 7-9 losses and maybe a Sweet 16. Not sure why they're getting so much love in the preseason polls.
RunItUpTheGut (11-06-2017)
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » College Sports » Basketball