Rate This Thread - The "Last" Republican President.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 963 Times in 800 Posts
TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
Default The "Last" Republican President
H W Bush--- "Trump is a blowhard."

G W Bush--- "I'm worried that I will be the last Republican President."

So much for being classy... or humble for that matter.

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:29 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,505 Times in 3,479 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Wonder why Jeb didn't make a statement.

Probably couldn't think of one.

Old 11-05-2017, 08:01 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,054 Times in 1,212 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
100% creatures of the establishment (i.e. swamp) now. I used to admire them so much, now they are dead to me. Very sad.
Bob Seger (11-05-2017)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:48 PM
MOD

Liked 7,780 Times in 5,370 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
How open my eyes have become since my younger days on establishment rinos.
There is currently no one in the Republican party in the Senate that I find as an attractive candidate. It will have to be another outsider for me when Trump is done in 2024
skydiver1 (11-09-2017)
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Hall of Fame

TheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the roughTheRealThing is a jewel in the rough
They've spent quite a lot of time talking on FOX about Hillary and Bill, and that they feel entitled and above the law. I have always wondered what the deal was behind the mutual respect the Clinton family and the Bush family have for each other, not to mention their social get-togethers. The answer is just as Jet said, they are swamp people and therefore share much more by way of common ground than any of us knew. But past that little nuclear revelation, Bush senior is still mad that Trump jumped up on his boy Jeb, as is W. The way I see things they've got two options, get glad or stay mad.

'The People' chose Trump. And the reason they did was because they are tired of all politically correct insanity to which they (RINO's) are equally bound with Democrats. Trump is the one and only candidate in modern history who had the courage to call out the lies of the left, and because of that he is now President. McCain, Corker, Flake, and to some degree, Rand Paul, are all examples of the arrogant and self-aggrandizing political aristocracy, (swampers); And IMHO, no amount of criticisms from the media and/or the people, will ever cause them to soften their hardheaded agendas. The only way to deal with politicians of that sort is to vote them out, except in such fortunate case that they may not seek reelection.

The Freedom Caucus, most Tea Party Candidates, and the other true conservatives in Congress are the only ones who truly represent their constituencies, the rest are bound not to those who elected them, but to ideological pipe dreams like globalism and social justice. They share an allegiance with Dems to those ends, and teamed up to run the people's choice out of DC, one Donald J Trump. IMHO, that's why McConnell and Ryan have so far not done much to defend the President or advance his agenda. I thought he (Trump) would have a hard row to hoe, but it has been far harder.

I'd say Jeb laid off on this one because H and W told him to let them speak for him, it just looks better. Still looks bad to me but you watch, normally combative Dems will back them to the hilt on this one.

Last edited by Granny Bear; 11-06-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Send a private message to TheRealThing Add TheRealThing to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 83 Times in 65 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 09:56 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,678 Times in 2,684 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Y'all are to joined the democrat party
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:14 PM
BGR Staff

Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
Don't want to be joined by the Democratic party!!

Old 11-07-2017, 10:29 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Y'all are to joined the democrat party

The fact that we are willing to call out our own is one of the things that differentiates Republican constituents from Democrats, we don't just blindly accept everything politicians tell us. In fact, we try to at least be involved and informed enough to demand accountability. Lining up behind Nancy and crying Chuck just ain't in the cards.

To demonstrate my point take for exhibit number one, the mess O-blame-a left behind. Saudi Arabia and a near-nuclear Iran are ready to start a war which could well be the precursor to WW3. Meanwhile Kim jung Rocketman is itching to prove he won't blink either. Have you ever heard a single Dem call out big O for 8 years of dedicated crawfishing? I know I certainly haven't. The left will try to blame DJT, but it was cowardice in the line of duty by the last administration that brought us to this point.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:59 AM
BGR Staff

That is correct. And I will offer another example, Donna Brazille.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Hall of Fame

^^ Agreed. One majorly damaging Democrat narrative during the George W Bush administration was to say that Bush lied to the Congress to get them to okie doke the Iraq Resolution. I have always said that if that were true, somebody would have stepped forward, (certainly by this point) to rat W out. One just cannot keep the lid on something that significant in the DC swamp. But it has not happened because it was not true.

Enter, as case in point, one Donna Brazile. The rats are the ones who always wind up getting burned when things go south in a corrupt administration be they associated with the DNC, or the Presidency, or the Congress. And just as dependably, it is always those 'rats' who've the most to tell. We the people have by virtue of common sense known the truth all along. But since getting public officials to admit to their shenanigans is a nearly impossible proposition, until the recent revelations where Brazile, Podesta, and Wasserman-Schultz are concerned came to light, there was no so-called proof. My interpretation of proof BTW, is not the courtroom variety of proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Applying that standard to the public domain was the brain child of lawyers Bill and Hill, and is the adoptive tactic of certain politicians rich enough and driven enough to hire other big gun lawyers to see things through for them. I mean, has anybody else noticed that most issues of legislation all have a litany of case law and law suits attached?

At any rate, as the rats feel the pressure we can look for more revelations and confessions as time goes by. Not the least of which was the Steele dossier or the recent admission to certain agencies having wire tapped Trump Tower. And you can bet the barrel of the Russian collusion gun will wind up pointing at somebody other than DJT.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:40 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,678 Times in 2,684 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Russian control the republican voter now.
Gitback Coach (11-10-2017)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,054 Times in 1,212 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
The only thing the Russians control is 20% of our uranium, thanks to For Sale Crooked Hillary and the idiot Dems. As long as enough people like you are so easily duped to the point of making idiotic statements like you just did, idiot liberal Dems will continue to dismantle what is left our country.
skydiver1 (11-09-2017)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
The only thing the Russians control is 20% of our uranium, thanks to For Sale Crooked Hillary and the idiot Dems. As long as enough people like you are so easily duped to the point of making idiotic statements like you just did, idiot liberal Dems will continue to dismantle what is left our country.

People's willingness to believe that kind of blather demonstrates why America is on her way down the drain. They want to be misled. If Bill DeBlasio can get reelected then you know anything is still possible.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:00 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,308 Times in 910 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Said Rachel Madcow...My goodness what a ridiculous statement.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Politics and Current Events