Rate This Thread - Jackson County football.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:24 AM
Statistician
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
jchs football parent is on a distinguished road
Default Jackson County football
another Sad and Disappointing yr has come to End for our Boys Who deserve Better than This .admin need to Evaluate and take hard look at this program and lack of Direction hc Has gone 2-9 For His 4 years with very Weak Schedules and No notable Wins .player numbers around 21 and we 3A .his buddy will Keep him Around but kids Deserve Better board Needs to Demand answers From the Supt
Send a private message to jchs football parent Add jchs football parent to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:34 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 84 Times in 66 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
I don't want to be mean, but, I don't really know what you're expecting. 6 wins is the high mark for the school, followed by 3 wins, and then a run of years with only 2 wins.

I'm not really sure if this is a situation that is fixable. Is the talent there? I mean, in program history, has there been talent? Over multiple coaches, I think the fact that the same results are being had, says it might be beyond coaching.

I get that you want better results, but, I'm not really sure what the expectations are here.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Scout Team
Liked 291 Times in 174 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Where is the coach from? I think that there is probably some talent in jackson county, but I think it would take someone who knows how to build a program from the ground up to turn it around. When they played Corbin I only saw two coaches total. It'll take a little more investment than that to compete at a high level.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:10 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 560 Times in 395 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jchs football parent View Post
another Sad and Disappointing yr has come to End for our Boys Who deserve Better than This .admin need to Evaluate and take hard look at this program and lack of Direction hc Has gone 2-9 For His 4 years with very Weak Schedules and No notable Wins .player numbers around 21 and we 3A .his buddy will Keep him Around but kids Deserve Better board Needs to Demand answers From the Supt
How about hiring someone who can teach Grammar. Painful to read.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Statistician
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
oldschool77 is on a distinguished road
I have seen some talent when playing younger age groups in the past.
Send a private message to oldschool77 Add oldschool77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Statistician
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Big Chief is on a distinguished road
With young football programs like this, you have to start at the youth levels. getting younger kids involved and bringing in their parents that may not have had football when they went to school is essential. Football is not a part of fabric of the community yet. That takes a lot of time. A similar situation that I can think of is Powell County. They endured the same type of growing pains that Jackson is dealing with. They are just now getting to the point of having players whose parents played there as well.

After watching them on film, the schemes that they run are not commensurate with the talent that they have. They also didn't look very fundamentally sound.
Send a private message to Big Chief Add Big Chief to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 8 Posts
HOFER is on a distinguished road
Does Jackson county have a youth league? That's where it all starts. Corbins success is directly due to one of the best feeder programs in the state.
Send a private message to HOFER Add HOFER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 04:38 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,424 Times in 1,719 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Basketball is king. Until football is at least a prince they will struggle
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:35 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 43 Times in 24 Posts
Coach Booth is on a distinguished road
Jackson County has to develop a quality youth program to make their high school program better. It just takes time.
Send a private message to Coach Booth Add Coach Booth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:38 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,575 Times in 2,003 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Coach Booth View Post
Jackson County has to develop a quality youth program to make their high school program better. It just takes time.
That is definitely where it begins .
Old 11-18-2017, 10:13 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 43 Times in 24 Posts
Coach Booth is on a distinguished road
What were Jackson’s numbers this year?
Send a private message to Coach Booth Add Coach Booth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Scout Team
Liked 193 Times in 129 Posts
rustyankle is on a distinguished road
Jackson had a good middle school coach few yrs ago in Coach Shear and it showed when those kids got in Highschool. So why don't he coach the highschool
Send a private message to rustyankle Add rustyankle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football