Rate This Thread - 3A Etown 52 Caldwell Co. 6 Final.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Head Coach
Liked 213 Times in 161 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
Default 3A Etown 52 Caldwell Co. 6 Final
Etown dominating Caldwell. 52-6 final, that's worse then they beat Tilghman, sort of.

Etown appears to be for real and lives to fight another day.
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 11-17-2017, 09:55 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,486 Times in 1,767 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Congrats to ETown
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:24 PM
Starter
Liked 438 Times in 320 Posts
Fly Like a Duck is on a distinguished road
Keep on doubting E-town those of you that think the world is flat west of I-75.
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:40 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wallyum is on a distinguished road
This was a shocker. I thought E-town might win, but didn't expect domination. Congrats Panthers.
Send a private message to Wallyum Add Wallyum to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:44 PM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 31 Posts
MountainBall44 is on a distinguished road
Congrats Elizabethtown.
Send a private message to MountainBall44 Add MountainBall44 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:56 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,586 Times in 1,147 Posts
mysonis55 is on a distinguished road
Was hoping CC would pull it out but, suspected this.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Head Coach
Liked 473 Times in 331 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
Must have been the Elizabethtown mystique. I'm really starting to see a pattern. When Caldwell is favored they win. When they are a slight underdog in a big game this is what they do. Elizabethtown has a great team, but Caldwell simply does not play well in these situations. If they can keep it close they can hang around, but if a good team jumps on them early, and gets a lead it's like they lay down. Great news is Caldwell returns 11 on offense, and 7 on Defense, but next year they will have to travel. I think they could be great next year, but I'm afraid they will suffer the same outcome, and fall short. I think the whole town doubts they can win. Just this week at work I asked someone from Princeton what they thought about this game, and the response was "we will get creamed, and we shouldn't be in the same class as Etown since they are a big town with a bunch of schools, and we are a small community with just 1 high school."
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:22 AM
Statistician
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
Rip/Spin is on a distinguished road
I hope to make it to the E-Town/Boyle game. I want to see E-Town play and see what they can do against the Rebels. I think it will be a good one, but alot of folks won't give E-Town the respect they should.
smoke1015 (11-18-2017)
Send a private message to Rip/Spin Add Rip/Spin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:52 AM
Head Coach
Etown will give Boyle all they want, not saying they win should be a dandy.
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:35 AM
Scout Team
Liked 156 Times in 110 Posts
smoke1015 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have been screaming that Etown might be the team my team didn't want to play all year (turns out we didn't even make it that far). But a few of us here have said they are underrated. A few said they were too high. Well Belfry is done, and Etown is moving to the final 4, proving they are at least a top 3 to 5 team. Should they beat Boyle (they do have an age advantage, and maybe strength advantage), these guys total legitimize how good they are. Really they already have, but playing Boyle close, or winning, wow, that's a big deal.
Send a private message to smoke1015 Add smoke1015 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 43 Times in 24 Posts
Coach Booth is on a distinguished road
ETown is really having a terrific season. I think they’ll get past Boyle next week and earn the trip to Kroger Field.
Send a private message to Coach Booth Add Coach Booth to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:46 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,756 Times in 2,158 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tica View Post
Etown dominating Caldwell. 52-6 final, that's worse then they beat Tilghman, sort of.

Etown appears to be for real and lives to fight another day.
Are they for real? or just playing inferior competition?
Old 11-18-2017, 07:46 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,756 Times in 2,158 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by killbilly usmc View Post
Etown will give Boyle all they want, not saying they win should be a dandy.
Boyle County will go through them like a dose of salts.
Old 11-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
I'll rephrase. If Etown that showed up at Kuwell County plays they won't go quietly in the night. If the one that got beat pretty bad by CAL shows up they get stomped. One thing is for sure if Etown gets a early lead like last night Boyle is still capable of coming from behind. Last night I turned off game when they jumped out on Kuwell cause I knew the tigers where done.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Starter
Must have been the Elizabethtown mystique. I'm really starting to see a pattern. When Caldwell is favored they win. When they are a slight underdog in a big game this is what they do. Elizabethtown has a great team, but Caldwell simply does not play well in these situations. If they can keep it close they can hang around, but if a good team jumps on them early, and gets a lead it's like they lay down. Great news is Caldwell returns 11 on offense, and 7 on Defense, but next year they will have to travel. I think they could be great next year, but I'm afraid they will suffer the same outcome, and fall short. I think the whole town doubts they can win. Just this week at work I asked someone from Princeton what they thought about this game, and the response was "we will get creamed, and we shouldn't be in the same class as Etown since they are a big town with a bunch of schools, and we are a small community with just 1 high school."
While not popular to admit; whomever you talked to is right more times than not.

The teams still playing, by in large are Independent schools, Privates and/or COUNTY schools with some population.

And before anybody goes on; yes I know Indy’s aren’t Privates...but, the clientele at both are similar.

Independents don’t have half of their student body or more that comes in from out in the county a ways where the majority of those kids and their parents could give a rip about athletics in general. That population which is large is kind of “dead weight” when it comes to football. Yes they are in your school and you HAVE to factor them into your enrollment, but they give you NOTHING in terms of overall participation.

Some will say. Well what about Boyle County and Franklin Simpson? Look at make up of the county...first off...geographically they are very small counties in area. Boyle has Danville that is a **** of a town; then other communities out there in Junction City (2 miles from Danville. It’s a part of a danville now for all purposes) and Perryville; both of these would or are THE TOWNS in a lot of these said “county’s” out there. FS is in a very small county area wise, and also happens to sit RIGHT ON the busiest interstate in the country and 20 miles south of BG and only 30 miles north of THE fastest growing major city in the USA in Nashville:

If you will look. Here is who is still playing and this is by in large who is ALWAYS still playing this time of year.

1) Independent schools (especially those in highly populated areas and/or that are College towns.)
- example Corbin, Mayfield, Raceland & Glasgow
- E-town in a county with 100K+ population; Beechwood the same and literally in a METROPOLITAN area
-Campbellsville, Pikeville and Danville...all three are COLLEGE towns.

2) Private schools; not just private, but Private schools from THE METROPOLITAN areas of our state in CovCath and CAL

3) County schools either with “County” in their name (Scott County) or not (ie: Central Hardin / Madison Southern/ Central) BUT they are in heavily populated areas (Central Hardin in Hardin Co; like E-town is with well over 100K+ people) and/or COLLEGE towns (Scott Co w Georgetown; Central...goes w out saying and Madison Southern with EKU/Berea, South Warren in BG that has WKU)

4) IF you are neither of the above then you BEST not have to COMPETE against either of the above to get to this point (Wayne County and Johnson Central are the two that buck this; and there are always one or two. JC beat Ashland and Wayne beat Lou. Western)

Is what it is. Not popular to say or admit. But it’s fact.
Ghostofjoey (11-20-2017), smoke1015 (11-18-2017)
Send a private message to Fly Like a Duck Add Fly Like a Duck to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:26 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 412 Times in 262 Posts
Jack Lambert is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Thru a widow woman. That's what my granny always said.
pjdoug (11-19-2017)
Send a private message to Jack Lambert Add Jack Lambert to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:48 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Don't give this big win too much credit. CC had issues with offense from the word go. Their qb decided to not play this year. They had to start with a new one. He was still growing. The defense therefore was left to be the heros. So, they either put everything close to the line to pop you real quick and then got burnt deep, or they would go cover 2 and bring the lb's straight ahead leaving the middle open to slants. It was so easy to figure out that all you have to do is run slants or go routes all game long.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Head Coach
Liked 213 Times in 161 Posts
Tica will become famous soon enoughTica will become famous soon enough
By your metrics, Murray should have made it and they didn't. Here's another factor, how many schools still playing are within 15-20 miles of a state line?

Most kids have a car or have a friend with one. If someone wants to play football, they will play football. They don't have to harness up the mule and plow the back 30 anymore. Truth be told, kids want nice things and lots of them prefer to work rather than participate in athletics, more so in poorer regions of the state.
mysonis55 (11-18-2017)
Send a private message to Tica Add Tica to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 12:57 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

By your metrics, Murray should have made it and they didn't. Here's another factor, how many schools still playing are within 15-20 miles of a state line?

Most kids have a car or have a friend with one. If someone wants to play football, they will play football. They don't have to harness up the mule and plow the back 30 anymore. Truth be told, kids want nice things and lots of them prefer to work rather than participate in athletics, more so in poorer regions of the state.
The independents logic makes no sense at all. Hear this every year. It's just not true. GC is the 3rd or 4th largest county in the state. There are kids that have to drive 20-25 minutes to get to school here. However, in most recent years they have been legitimate in 5a. As a matter of fact played in the big dance in 2014. Against another public school.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Starter

No. Murray is an independent school which puts them in the pool with a greater chance to make it.

Not all Independents have to be college towns, but some are.

Harnessing up a mule or having a GPS guided tractor has nothing to do with whether or not sports; football in particular are a fabric of the family/community.

You can dispute the stuff I said all you want; until then I’ll keep pointing (along with others) the Independent, Privates and/or County schools that have some population and other demographically-socioeconomic factors in their favor for this year, years past and for years to come BY IN LARGE (always outliers/exceptions- always will be).
Old 11-18-2017, 01:30 PM
Starter

You’re exactly right about kids wanting nice things. These farm kids in particular are able to make it; and it’s that foldable kind from dad/grandpa/family that the government never knows about.

State lines? Good point. Kind of ties into what I said. Most state lines are separated by rivers, rivers provided areas to set up shop years ago which provided industry which brough in population.

CovCath, Beechwood, T, X, Raceland, Pikeville, South Warren, Mayfield even Glasgow (a stretch. More like 30). Some of those are along river borders. Some aren’t.
Ghostofjoey (11-20-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 01:33 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by mysonis55 View Post
The independents logic makes no sense at all. Hear this every year. It's just not true. GC is the 3rd or 4th largest county in the state. There are kids that have to drive 20-25 minutes to get to school here. However, in most recent years they have been legitimate in 5a. As a matter of fact played in the big dance in 2014. Against another public school.
It’s very true. True this year. It will be true every year. Just like EXCEPTIONS will be true.

If you can prove to me otherwise using what I stated in this year and years past BY IN LARGE, then fine. Go ahead.

But you can’t.

For the record; Pulaski County. See that comment I said about POPULATION. Two 5A schools and a 2A Independent house hold name in the county.
Ghostofjoey (11-20-2017)
Old 11-18-2017, 01:35 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by mysonis55 View Post
Your “Legitmate” and my “Legitmate” are two different things. I’m talking those playing on Black Friday and in the finals.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Head Coach
No one that sees the talent, size, and speed that Caldwell county has can honestly say they are at a disadvantage to a team like Mayfield. They have more in their school, dress more players, have more d1 fbs talent, and get a size advantage on the line with big strong Corn fed farm boys. There are a lot of big Country boys in Graves, but they play for Graves. Mayfield is usually outsized in the trenches to both Graves, and Caldwell. People just reach for excuses when you beat them. If you think a small 1 school County can't consistenty be a powerhouse then you never heard of Trousdale County in TN. Smallest county in that state with just 1 high school proves everyone wrong with all there state titles.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:45 PM
Starter
No one that sees the talent, size, and speed that Caldwell county has can honestly say they are at a disadvantage to a team like Mayfield. They have more in their school, dress more players, have more d1 fbs talent, and get a size advantage on the line with big strong Corn fed farm boys. There are a lot of big Country boys in Graves, but they play for Graves. Mayfield is usually outsized in the trenches to both Graves, and Caldwell. People just reach for excuses when you beat them. If you think a small 1 school County can't consistenty be a powerhouse then you never heard of Trousdale County in TN. Smallest county in that state with just 1 high school proves everyone wrong with all there state titles.
I know this will hurt, but you aren’t the little engine that could. I’ve seen Caldwell and Mayfield play many times. Sorry. No. You aren’t that disadvantaged. I heard a Morris’ family member say this year that this might be one of the most athletic teams he’d seen at Mayfield.

Know Trousdale County well; their athleticim is crazy good.

Again. You keep mentioning the OUTLIERS; which I too mentioned in my original post.

What part about the BY IN LARGE/MAJORITY is so confusing here?
Old 11-18-2017, 02:07 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by Fly Like a Duck View Post
I know this will hurt, but you aren’t the little engine that could. I’ve seen Caldwell and Mayfield play many times. Sorry. No. You aren’t that disadvantaged. I heard a Morris’ family member say this year that this might be one of the most athletic teams he’d seen at Mayfield.

Know Trousdale County well; their athleticim is crazy good.

Again. You keep mentioning the OUTLIERS; which I too mentioned in my original post.

What part about the BY IN LARGE/MAJORITY is so confusing here?
Not my fault, or any powerhouse programs fault that County schools aren't as football oriented. I'm from a 1 school county, so you cant win this argument. If a county school isnt as successfull it's their fault, and problem, not the team that beats them. My high school has plenty of talent in the halls, and they do pretty good in some sports, but don't get the talent out for football that's no one elses fault but there own. You actually made my point when you said Mayfield ain't that disadvantaged to Caldwell, so you just admitted Caldwell has a slight advantage, or at the least even so please tell that to Caldwell folks. Yes this is a fast Mayfield team, but its not like we will see 5 of them on Saturdays for Michigan, Texas, and Alabama next year. Caldwell has awesome speed too this year, and every year. I could put together 1 heck of a 4x100 relay team with just kids from Caldwell with the last name Riley.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:22 PM
Starter
Not my fault, or any powerhouse programs fault that County schools aren't as football oriented. I'm from a 1 school county, so you cant win this argument. If a county school isnt as successfull it's their fault, and problem, not the team that beats them. My high school has plenty of talent in the halls, and they do pretty good in some sports, but don't get the talent out for football that's no one elses fault but there own. You actually made my point when you said Mayfield ain't that disadvantaged to Caldwell, so you just admitted Caldwell has a slight advantage, or at the least even so please tell that to Caldwell folks. Yes this is a fast Mayfield team, but its not like we will see 5 of them on Saturdays for Michigan, Texas, and Alabama next year. Caldwell has awesome speed too this year, and every year. I could put together 1 heck of a 4x100 relay team with just kids from Caldwell with the last name Riley.
Newsflash

I went to an Independent school that’s still playing and has a ton of rings

Also? Where did I blame you or anybody.

Why have facts BY IN LARGE (can’t say that enough it seems) bother you?

It’s like your on the defense for things you should be proud of.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:24 PM
Starter
Let me clarify. Caldwell has zero advantages over Mayfield.

Who the **** does have 5 kids that can play for those schools on one team?
Old 11-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Head Coach
Not trying to fight duck. I'll just say what I've seen being around 2 programs. I'm from Marshall County a big 1 school county. I'm also a Mayfield fan. Schools like Marshall have a lot of athletes, but they are spread out across a lot of sports, so they are competitive in multiple sports, but no powerhouse in any. Teams like Mayfield may not have as many walking the halls, but Football is priority, and a higher percentage of there good athletes buy in to being a part of the football program even if they play other sports. It seems like Marshall kids mainly stick to one sport. If these teams could ever get most of there good athletes to buy in to playing football they would be much better. You have good kids in basketball, baseball, and soccer that has never touched a football. Small powerhouse programs in football have established thereself and get a lot of good players out. Marshall isn't disadvantaged by athletes Football just isn't a must so they suffer, which is not the fault of the powerhouses. I was in ag, and welding with a lot of kids that didn't play in any sport, but could have been a good athlete. Before I became a fat tub of lard, I was one of the faster kids, and didn't play a sport in high school. The 3 biggest freaks of nature I seen growing up in school didn't play any sports, and would have all been standouts.
Sports just doesn't matter to some schools, but the die hard fans of those schools will complain when they get stomped thinking they are at a disadvantage when they are not. The big disadvantage is your school culture, but if your school doesn't have football as priority, you will usually lose to a school that has that as there priority.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:50 PM
2nd String
Liked 245 Times in 176 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fly Like a Duck View Post
While not popular to admit; whomever you talked to is right more times than not.

The teams still playing, by in large are Independent schools, Privates and/or COUNTY schools with some population.

And before anybody goes on; yes I know Indy’s aren’t Privates...but, the clientele at both are similar.

Independents don’t have half of their student body or more that comes in from out in the county a ways where the majority of those kids and their parents could give a rip about athletics in general. That population which is large is kind of “dead weight” when it comes to football. Yes they are in your school and you HAVE to factor them into your enrollment, but they give you NOTHING in terms of overall participation.

Some will say. Well what about Boyle County and Franklin Simpson? Look at make up of the county...first off...geographically they are very small counties in area. Boyle has Danville that is a **** of a town; then other communities out there in Junction City (2 miles from Danville. It’s a part of a danville now for all purposes) and Perryville; both of these would or are THE TOWNS in a lot of these said “county’s” out there. FS is in a very small county area wise, and also happens to sit RIGHT ON the busiest interstate in the country and 20 miles south of BG and only 30 miles north of THE fastest growing major city in the USA in Nashville:

If you will look. Here is who is still playing and this is by in large who is ALWAYS still playing this time of year.

1) Independent schools (especially those in highly populated areas and/or that are College towns.)
- example Corbin, Mayfield, Raceland & Glasgow
- E-town in a county with 100K+ population; Beechwood the same and literally in a METROPOLITAN area
-Campbellsville, Pikeville and Danville...all three are COLLEGE towns.

2) Private schools; not just private, but Private schools from THE METROPOLITAN areas of our state in CovCath and CAL

3) County schools either with “County” in their name (Scott County) or not (ie: Central Hardin / Madison Southern/ Central) BUT they are in heavily populated areas (Central Hardin in Hardin Co; like E-town is with well over 100K+ people) and/or COLLEGE towns (Scott Co w Georgetown; Central...goes w out saying and Madison Southern with EKU/Berea, South Warren in BG that has WKU)

4) IF you are neither of the above then you BEST not have to COMPETE against either of the above to get to this point (Wayne County and Johnson Central are the two that buck this; and there are always one or two. JC beat Ashland and Wayne beat Lou. Western)

Is what it is. Not popular to say or admit. But it’s fact.
I personally am in 100% agreement and I think any school (not just privates) who meet one of these criteria should have perhaps a 1.5 multiplier on them. I'm also on the don't count ESL and special ed enrollment at all.
Fly Like a Duck (11-18-2017)
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football