Rate This Thread - 2A Championship.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:17 AM
Statistician
Liked 40 Times in 30 Posts
blue55 is on a distinguished road
Default 2A Championship
mysonis 55, what was the final statistics and your take on the game, I respect your opinion more than most.
Send a private message to blue55 Add blue55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:27 AM
Head Coach
Liked 537 Times in 353 Posts
Hatz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blue55 View Post
mysonis 55, what was the final statistics and your take on the game, I respect your opinion more than most.
Here are your stats.

http://khsaa.org/football/2017/2afinal.pdf

At the end of the 3rd Quarter Danville had 312 yards to Mayfields 179. It was 28-8 at that time.

Cardinals put on a lot of yards in the 4th as Danville wore down and scored on the last play of the game which was meaningless.

Just as easily been 35-15
Send a private message to Hatz Add Hatz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:02 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,706 Times in 1,227 Posts
mysonis55 is on a distinguished road
Well, I got back last night and therefore haven't had a chance to check the stats. Bottom line, the Ads were better than I really expected. I think the teams were pretty close to equal but, Mayfield shot themselves in the foot early. The Ads drive the initial drive right down our throats and scored. Mayfield had a chance to answer. They false started, had a hold and then dropped a wide open pass to end our first drive. They rallied back shortly after and took an 8-7 lead. According to the administrator of another site (a Beechwood fan who don't like Mayfield) we actually scored the two point conversion and should have been up 10-7. Then the Ads called a brilliant play and caught us over pursuing, on a reverse, and there wasn't any catching 7 in the open field, which was good for 7. Then stalemate ensued for a bit. The Ads drive the ball back down the field and threw a pass to our db in the endzone, which gave the Ads 7 points. It is what it is, we benefitted from a bad call in 2015 for 7 and the Ads did here. I really don't think the Cards ever recovered. We had a really good drive to about their 10 and apparently the wr fumbled and the Ads recovered. It would have cut that lead to manageable. We managed to make it 35-21 at the end. But, you could make the argument that it should have been a 5 point game. I agree with some saying we didn't look like ourselves out there. I haven't seen that many dropped passes and penalties in a game all year. But, they are young. Most of the skill spots are juniors, seniors or freshmen.
Hatz (12-03-2017)
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:26 PM
Statistician
Liked 42 Times in 29 Posts
HOFER is on a distinguished road
Man there's a lot of talent right there in Boyle county. Guess it's not called title town for nothing.
FoSho (12-25-2017)
Send a private message to HOFER Add HOFER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:17 PM
Head Coach
Liked 537 Times in 353 Posts
Hatz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mysonis55 View Post
Well, I got back last night and therefore haven't had a chance to check the stats. Bottom line, the Ads were better than I really expected. I think the teams were pretty close to equal but, Mayfield shot themselves in the foot early. The Ads drive the initial drive right down our throats and scored. Mayfield had a chance to answer. They false started, had a hold and then dropped a wide open pass to end our first drive. They rallied back shortly after and took an 8-7 lead. According to the administrator of another site (a Beechwood fan who don't like Mayfield) we actually scored the two point conversion and should have been up 10-7. Then the Ads called a brilliant play and caught us over pursuing, on a reverse, and there wasn't any catching 7 in the open field, which was good for 7. Then stalemate ensued for a bit. The Ads drive the ball back down the field and threw a pass to our db in the endzone, which gave the Ads 7 points. It is what it is, we benefitted from a bad call in 2015 for 7 and the Ads did here. I really don't think the Cards ever recovered. We had a really good drive to about their 10 and apparently the wr fumbled and the Ads recovered. It would have cut that lead to manageable. We managed to make it 35-21 at the end. But, you could make the argument that it should have been a 5 point game. I agree with some saying we didn't look like ourselves out there. I haven't seen that many dropped passes and penalties in a game all year. But, they are young. Most of the skill spots are juniors, seniors or freshmen.
I thought the 2 point conversion was good as well. But it wouldn’t have mattered since the Ads responded quickly.

I think that this year Danville was just the better team.

Future, as always, looks bright for the Cards.
mysonis55 (12-03-2017)
Send a private message to Hatz Add Hatz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:45 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Our boys showed their youth. You cannot win state if you drop passes and have penalties. They will learn and grow. I think the Ads will fare far less next year. I hate the off season.
Send a private message to mysonis55 Add mysonis55 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Starter
Liked 205 Times in 158 Posts
Gitback Coach is an unknown quantity at this point
Does anyone know if the regions flip for semi-state in’18? In other words, will Mayfield play at the Region 2 winner in the semi’s or will they face Region 3?
Send a private message to Gitback Coach Add Gitback Coach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:54 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Region 3 will play winner of Region 1 in 18.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football