Rate This Thread - Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:36 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,180 Times in 810 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Default Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year?
I know this is another hypothetical question. I don't think this thread is against Bluegrass Rivals's policy. If you don't like to take part in hypothetical questions, that is certainly your right, but some of us do. I find these topics fun to read and debate. Keep in mind we are not all going to agree and just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you or they are right or wrong because they were many great defensive players from the mountains this year.

If you were given the task to select a Defensive MVP Of The Mountains or Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year, who would you choose? Let's all try to be nice in doing so.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-07-2017, 08:51 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,321 Times in 2,621 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I know this is another hypothetical question. I don't think this thread is against Bluegrass Rivals's policy. If you don't like to take part in hypothetical questions, that is certainly your right, but some of us do. I find these topics fun to read and debate. Keep in mind we are not all going to agree and just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean you or they are right or wrong because they were many great defensive players from the mountains this year.

If you were given the task to select a Defensive MVP Of The Mountains or Defensive Mountain Player Of The Year, who would you choose? Let's all try to be nice in doing so.
Preston Yount
Old 12-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Suspended
Liked 831 Times in 539 Posts
Cellking is on a distinguished road
Collin Hartmann from Somerset.
Shondue (12-15-2017), SomeBunnyFan_10 (12-12-2017)
Send a private message to Cellking Add Cellking to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 07:57 AM
2nd String
Liked 195 Times in 150 Posts
Gitback Coach is an unknown quantity at this point
Tyrese Allen - DT - Paintsville HS

First Team All State (Lou C-J)
Best of the Bluegrass (Lex H-L)
Send a private message to Gitback Coach Add Gitback Coach to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:06 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
GoldenSpirit is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cellking View Post
Collin Hartmann from Somerset.
This kid is a very good player. But I know Soph and others kids that had more complete games and wrapped up more tackles Solo and ***. As a lineman is a different player than Lb or CB. But I feel like their are all around better players.
Send a private message to GoldenSpirit Add GoldenSpirit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,461 Times in 1,445 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gitback Coach View Post
Tyrese Allen - DT - Paintsville HS

First Team All State (Lou C-J)
Best of the Bluegrass (Lex H-L)
Paper said 24 tackles all year.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 01:03 PM
Scout Team
Liked 415 Times in 217 Posts
JumperPride1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GoldenSpirit View Post
This kid is a very good player. But I know Soph and others kids that had more complete games and wrapped up more tackles Solo and ***. As a lineman is a different player than Lb or CB. But I feel like their are all around better players.
I donít think there are too many kids that can boast his stat line, especially from a defensive line standpoint. 120 tackles, 10 sacks, 48 qb hurries, 34 tackles for loss... that kid is more than just a very good player. He can certainly make a strong case for the mythical defensive poy in the mountains and if you know sophomores that are better Iíd sure like to see them.
Send a private message to JumperPride1 Add JumperPride1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 43 Times in 27 Posts
padd4pirate is on a distinguished road
Derek Wellman from Belfry. .
FoSho (12-25-2017), Gitback Coach (12-24-2017)
Send a private message to padd4pirate Add padd4pirate to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Statistician
Liked 77 Times in 56 Posts
redstone1127 is on a distinguished road
Braxton Whitaker Hazard.
Send a private message to redstone1127 Add redstone1127 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:16 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JumperPride1 View Post
I donít think there are too many kids that can boast his stat line, especially from a defensive line standpoint. 120 tackles, 10 sacks, 48 qb hurries, 34 tackles for loss... that kid is more than just a very good player. He can certainly make a strong case for the mythical defensive poy in the mountains and if you know sophomores that are better Iíd sure like to see them.
He is a very good kid. Isn't their kids on the DL that has signed with a D-1 school in Pulaski Co. I may be wrong. So they could have one. SW has a LB that is a Soph or JR and had better stats if I'm not mistaken. That's just in the county to start with.
Send a private message to GoldenSpirit Add GoldenSpirit to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 08:38 PM
Scout Team
Liked 415 Times in 217 Posts
JumperPride1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GoldenSpirit View Post
He is a very good kid. Isn't their kids on the DL that has signed with a D-1 school in Pulaski Co. I may be wrong. So they could have one. SW has a LB that is a Soph or JR and had better stats if I'm not mistaken. That's just in the county to start with.
I donít know about any other kid in the county. The PC kid is for O Line. Hartmann has been contacted by some big names - Ohio State, Tennessee, UK, WKU, Vandy... Iím sure he ends up somewhere pretty good bud.
Send a private message to JumperPride1 Add JumperPride1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 12:00 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JumperPride1 View Post
I donít know about any other kid in the county. The PC kid is for O Line. Hartmann has been contacted by some big names - Ohio State, Tennessee, UK, WKU, Vandy... Iím sure he ends up somewhere pretty good bud.
I wasn't sure about that. SW has a soph I was reading about. 6x player of the week. 1x offensive player, two 20 + tackles with almost breaking record of 25 I think. Over 120 tackles with a couple of INT and some sacks. A Commonwealth Defensive player of yr. Has some big schools looking with GPA 4.0 . A few off TD and few hundred yrds rushing. That if what I was reading. Its hard to get the exact number do to it know being on KHSAA. Not going to get much attention behind an Edwards and Vaught. So I was able to mention one in the county.
64SUR (12-25-2017), campbellfield (01-11-2018), Gitback Coach (12-27-2017)
Old 12-27-2017, 03:19 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 3,689 Times in 2,052 Posts
EKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really niceEKUAlum05 is just really nice
There are some very good players listed in here.

With that said, Derek Wellman is the man here. Kid was one of the best LB'ers in terms of ability, game impact, hardware, and leadership to come though EKY in a while.
cherokee (12-27-2017), Gitback Coach (12-27-2017)
Send a private message to EKUAlum05 Add EKUAlum05 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 04:10 PM
2nd String
Liked 354 Times in 188 Posts
cherokee is on a distinguished road
Wellman would be my first pick if I could draft a high school player, when he got injured it changed the whole 3a bracket. Does he have any offers?
Gitback Coach (12-27-2017)
Send a private message to cherokee Add cherokee to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football