Rate This Thread - Johnson Central 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Statistician
Liked 52 Times in 44 Posts
Ballbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Johnson Central 2018
Thoughts?
Send a private message to Ballbuster Add Ballbuster to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-08-2017, 08:39 AM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 34 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Devin Johnson is a beast.
Ballbuster (12-08-2017)
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:30 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 1,946 Times in 1,331 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Probable 2018 schedule: And yes, this is subject to change (and probably will).

Capital, WV. - HOME
Henry Clay - HOME
South Charleston, WV. - HOME
Moore - HOME
@ Boyd County
@ East Carter
Greenup County - HOME
@ Rowan County
Ashland Blazer
Belfry

The 2018 is shaping up to have 7 Home games in 2018.

If JC wins the District, we will be home throughout the Playoffs as well.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 15 Times in 12 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
Devin Johnson is a beast.
Definitely. Kentucky can't let this kid go elsewhere.

JC makes 4A pay in 2018. Correct me if I'm wrong, JC was fairly young this year right?

My prediction: a Mr.Football winner who rushes for over 2000 yards and a state championship. Also I'm excited to see that QB, he runs Matneys offense better than any I've seen and he's only a sophomore.

You JC fans I'll meet up with you guys in Lexington in early December next year!
maximus73 (12-08-2017), Mister D (12-11-2017)
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Scout Team
Liked 107 Times in 88 Posts
jim rome is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
Definitely. Kentucky can't let this kid go elsewhere.

JC makes 4A pay in 2018. Correct me if I'm wrong, JC was fairly young this year right?

My prediction: a Mr.Football winner who rushes for over 2000 yards and a state championship. Also I'm excited to see that QB, he runs Matneys offense better than any I've seen and he's only a sophomore.

You JC fans I'll meet up with you guys in Lexington in early December next year!
I see Matneys offense run every Saturday morning in the 5-6 year old flag football league I referee. This offense is highly complex, not only can you hand off right, JC will even hand off left. Next year, I heard they were going to add a new wrinkle called going on the 2nd hut. I feel sorry for the rest of 4A if they successfully master this as well as they have the hand off.
Send a private message to jim rome Add jim rome to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,329 Times in 924 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by jim rome View Post
I see Matneys offense run every Saturday morning in the 5-6 year old flag football league I referee. This offense is highly complex, not only can you hand off right, JC will even hand off left. Next year, I heard they were going to add a new wrinkle called going on the 2nd hut. I feel sorry for the rest of 4A if they successfully master this as well as they have the hand off.
And I've seen you referee some of those games. You seemed to have trouble figuring out which way was left and which way was right until one of those 5 year olds corrected you.

And then there's the comment from some of the older kids in the game, you know the 6 year olds.I didn't quite hear it all but one of the kids commented something about an *** and something about a hole in the ground. I'm sure you caught the whole comment though.
108 Stitches (12-18-2017), ekywildcat (12-13-2017)
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Starter
Liked 300 Times in 164 Posts
THOMCAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Let's see. Matney has a state title and two runner ups on his resume. He has win totals that probably puts him in the top 20 in coaching. He has a great chance to eventually enter the top 10 in wins. And your greatest claim to fame is being a faceless internet troll. And Bobby, calling him an *** is an insult to all the ***** throughout this great land.
108 Stitches (12-18-2017), Diogenes (12-14-2017), ekywildcat (12-13-2017)
Send a private message to THOMCAT Add THOMCAT to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:59 AM
Statistician
Liked 51 Times in 41 Posts
Mister D is on a distinguished road
Having a full year of Ryley Preece, Devin Johnson, and Joe Jackson in the backfield is going to be awesome. They are losing quite a bit of the offensive and defensive lines plus the full back. Biggest concern for me though is fixing the secondary. There has to be more speed and aggressive play from the DBs. It killed us when we faced anyone with speed like Colburn from Ashland, Hunter from Belfry, or Bass from FS.
Send a private message to Mister D Add Mister D to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:59 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
I'm calling it now.... Lamar Larry returns a Kickoff for a TD.

Diogenes (12-14-2017)
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by THOMCAT View Post
Let's see. Matney has a state title and two runner ups on his resume. He has win totals that probably puts him in the top 20 in coaching. He has a great chance to eventually enter the top 10 in wins. And your greatest claim to fame is being a faceless internet troll. And Bobby, calling him an *** is an insult to all the ***** throughout this great land.
Bobby would like to take credit for that, but we must give credit where credit is due...Even in Pulaski Co., there are 6 year olds smart enough to figure it out.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Equipment Manager
Can't tell if you are being sarcastic and calling the offense simple or what, but the QB play in Matney's offense is very important no matter if they're throwing it around the field or not. The comment seems like it was from someone who clearly doesn't understand the game of football.
108 Stitches (12-18-2017)
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Hall of Fame

He's just what you call a troll.
Old 12-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
MikeHonchoLives is on a distinguished road
It's easy for defenses to stop too! Right?

Send a private message to MikeHonchoLives Add MikeHonchoLives to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Statistician
Liked 37 Times in 21 Posts
2000PHS is an unknown quantity at this point
Central will have their backfield healthy so they will be dominant in the East once again. They may lose some on the lines but when has Matney ever had a ďbadĒ online??

As far as his offensive scheme goes, if it ainít broke donít fix it.
Send a private message to 2000PHS Add 2000PHS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:57 PM
Scout Team
Liked 107 Times in 88 Posts
jim rome is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by THOMCAT View Post
You guys can defend Matney all you want but it doesnít change my opinion. Any team that JC canít simply over power they are beat every time. Name one game Matney has pulled off a upset. I can name several he should have won based on talent but lost due to a lack of offensive imagination. And as far as a state title goes, please remember it was 4A. Do some research and you will find throughout the 2016 season 4A schools had a losing record head to head vs. every other class including 1A. Good luck to JC in 2018. Looking forward to that powerhouse schedule Matney always put together. Can you say running clock? Yes, proudly.
Send a private message to jim rome Add jim rome to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:15 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 73 Times in 57 Posts
doubledown is on a distinguished road
You guys can defend Matney all you want but it doesnít change my opinion. Any team that JC canít simply over power they are beat every time. Name one game Matney has pulled off a upset. I can name several he should have won based on talent but lost due to a lack of offensive imagination. And as far as a state title goes, please remember it was 4A. Do some research and you will find throughout the 2016 season 4A schools had a losing record head to head vs. every other class including 1A. Good luck to JC in 2018. Looking forward to that powerhouse schedule Matney always put together. Can you say running clock? Yes, proudly.
Would have to say the offensive numbers the JC running backs have put up in the Matney era are mind boggling. Unreal the talented backs they have had and potentially one of the best was injured this season. Can't see where you would question the success of their offense
ekywildcat (12-13-2017)
Send a private message to doubledown Add doubledown to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Future is on a distinguished road
With Joe back who will be the other HB? If Devin stays at HB who will be the FB? I think maybe Devin to fullback and Preston to HB? That would be the best backfield imo.
Send a private message to Future Add Future to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Equipment Manager
What would you rather them do? Make us a playbook buddy!

If anything needs fixed with JC, it's their special teams. They were ridiculously unorganized.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:59 PM
"Based on a True Story"

If anything needs fixed with JC, it's their special teams. They were ridiculously unorganized.
Jake Headly suffered a broken leg in a soccer game early in the season, that is part of why the XP's were missed or not attempted.

Kickoff & Punt return were solid. Punt coverage was solid as well.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:42 PM
Starter
Liked 382 Times in 234 Posts
Diogenes will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post
Jake Headly suffered a broken leg in a soccer game early in the season, that is part of why the XP's were missed or not attempted.

He did not return until Ashland, playoffs. He was limping, but heroic. You can tell he tried his best.
Send a private message to Diogenes Add Diogenes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 01:11 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by Pulp Fiction View Post

Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
He did not return until Ashland, playoffs. He was limping, but heroic. You can tell he tried his best.
It didn't help that Ashland took a CHEAP SHOT (YES, I SAID CHEAP SHOT) at his legs after the first TD.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:25 PM
2nd String
Liked 319 Times in 194 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Look at what johnson central was before matney took over. Look at what Sheldon Clark has become since he left. The belly is one of the toughest offenses in football to stop. You have to have kids who can both tackle in space and be physical all over the field. Yes, when you run into a highlands or a cov cath, it won't be as successful. But if you don't think Jim Matney is a good football coach then you just flat out don't know diddly squat about football.
ekywildcat (12-15-2017)
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 11:35 AM
Hall of Fame

What you all don't understand is that jim rome is a former player under Jim Matney.....Benched at one time, jim?

He just does this stuff to rile JC fans up and to take shots at Matney...Stop responding and he will go away.
108 Stitches (12-18-2017), ekywildcat (12-17-2017)

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football