Rate This Thread - Estill County 53 Owsley County 52.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:22 PM
Home of the Chicago Cubs!

Liked 1,300 Times in 1,082 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Default Estill County 53 Owsley County 52
Estill wins it on a game winning layuo under the basket as time expires
Send a private message to Strikeout King Add Strikeout King to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-14-2017, 06:34 PM
Statistician
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts
EngineerFan57 is on a distinguished road
Big win for Estill
Send a private message to EngineerFan57 Add EngineerFan57 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:54 PM
Statistician
Liked 16 Times in 15 Posts
rebounder8 is on a distinguished road
What a nice win for the lady Engineers tonight...the lady Engineers were ahead at every quarter but fell behind 46-40 and outscored the Lady Owls to win the game by one point with 1.5 seconds to go and Savannah Brewer scored off a tremendous pass from 8th grader Mia Hale...Engineers have not been known for winning the close ones but tonight did what they were suppose to do and finish the game in style. Congratulations girls and coach Hughes, coach Click and coach Flynn for a great game plan...Thank You for an enjoyable night of basketball..and also to Macy Gibson probably in my opinion the best player in the 14th region and also a very classy young lady.
Send a private message to rebounder8 Add rebounder8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Head Coach
Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
LOOKAYANNER is on a distinguished road
Owsley should have won the game. Gibson gave them a 1 point lead with a turnaround jumper and the clock ticked down to1.4 seconds. Time out was called and when play resumed the refs added another 1.4 seconds on the clock to make it 2.8 seconds. Then Estill threw the ball in bounds and the girl dribbled it twice and called time out at the mid court. There was 1.5 seconds left. Clock keeper must have had a slow hand on the clock switch but it is what it is.
Estill threw one pass on the side inbounds to Brewer and she made a uncontested layup. Just a breakdown on defense. Tough loss for the Owls.

The little Brewer girl who transferred from Breathitt is a very good player.
Patriot train (12-15-2017)
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:26 PM
Statistician
rebounder8 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like sour grapes to me...take it as a loss and learn from it...
Snow (12-14-2017)
Send a private message to rebounder8 Add rebounder8 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:47 PM
Suspended
Liked 30 Times in 24 Posts
Snow is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by rebounder8 View Post
I agree., congrats estill county
Send a private message to Snow Add Snow to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:01 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by rebounder8 View Post
No sour grapes from me. It goes down as a loss. I said it was a breakdown on defense. Estill is to be commended on their winning strategy. Owls just had a lapse on defense.
Send a private message to LOOKAYANNER Add LOOKAYANNER to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by LOOKAYANNER View Post
No sour grapes from me. It goes down as a loss. I said it was a breakdown on defense. Estill is to be commended on their winning strategy. Owls just had a lapse on defense.
So you didn’t mention anything in another post about refs adding time and the clock keeper having slow hands?

Estill won and congrats to both teams on a well played game. Must have been fun to watch.
Send a private message to Snow Add Snow to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:29 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
So you didnít mention anything in another post about refs adding time and the clock keeper having slow hands?

Estill won and congrats to both teams on a well played game. Must have been fun to watch.
I did. And I also added, ďIt is what it isĒ. I just donít see only 1. 3 seconds running off the clock after a player gets the ball and dribbles twice to near center court. That shouldnít happen in 1.3 seconds. But it did so again, it is what it is.
Thatís just basketball. But yes, in my opinion they did get a little time added to their cause and I wasnít the only one who noticed it. Several Estill fans said the same thing in the lobby after the game.
But bottom line is Owsley loss on a breakdown on defense and those things happen. Itís a learning experience. Move on to next game.
Enjoyable game to watch tonight.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:23 PM

When I left work, Estill took a 38-34 lead into the 4th and final quarter. Owsley went up by as many as 6 and Estill came right back. Amy Brewer gave Estill a 51-50 lead and it could have been more if Estill would learn how to hit their FT's. Gibson comes down as 11 seconds run off the clock and makes a jumper with 2 defenders on her. Coach Hughes asks the officals to put more time up on the clock and they did at 2.8 (probably a little much), Mia Hale (8th grader) throws it to mid court, Estill calls a TO with 1.5 left, Mia Hale again throws it to Savannah Brewer under the basket and she makes a wide open layup as time expires to give Estill a 53-52 win

Very good and entertaining game.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:46 PM
Statistician
Liked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Boogie is on a distinguished road
Owls will rebound from it and move on. They played probably about as bad as they could have and still should have won the game. Sometimes teams have nights like that and Estill took full advantage of it. Congrats to them but they still have to travel to Owsley for a rematch and I donít think the outcome will be the same.
LOOKAYANNER (12-14-2017), Patriot train (12-15-2017)
Send a private message to Boogie Add Boogie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Statistician
Patriot train is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a barn burner in Estill County. Always great district games in the 56th.
Send a private message to Patriot train Add Patriot train to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 10:43 AM

You all do realize that Estill has owned Owsley in Booneville for the past several years, right? Owsley's last home win against Estill came during the 2013/14 season and that was just by a few points. Estill usually dominates Owsley in Bonneville. 2 of Estill's wins in Booneville in recent years have been by double digits. Not saying that Estill is gonna roll into Booneville and beat Owsley like a drum, but I think Estill deserves a little more credit that what people are giving them...

and no, I highly doubt Lookayanner has sour grapes, they are just a big Owsley fan like some of us are Estill fans. I'm sure if Owsley had won, we all probably would have been saying the same thing they're saying
Old 12-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Statistician
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
You all do realize that Estill has owned Owsley in Booneville for the past several years, right? Owsley's last home win against Estill came during the 2013/14 season and that was just by a few points. Estill usually dominates Owsley in Bonneville. 2 of Estill's wins in Booneville in recent years have been by double digits. Not saying that Estill is gonna roll into Booneville and beat Owsley like a drum, but I think Estill deserves a little more credit that what people are giving them...

and no, I highly doubt Lookayanner has sour grapes, they are just a big Owsley fan like some of us are Estill fans. I'm sure if Owsley had won, we all probably would have been saying the same thing they're saying
Seasons past has nothing to do with this year. Looks good on paper but has absolutely no bearing on how this year will play out.
Send a private message to Boogie Add Boogie to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Boogie View Post
Seasons past has nothing to do with this year. Looks good on paper but has absolutely no bearing on how this year will play out.
Your exactly right. No one knows who will win until the final buzzer goes off. All we do is give our opinions on who we think will win.

I don't think any game this season will be a blowout. All 4 teams are capable of winning the district.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:03 PM

According to the stats, Estill was 18/58 from the field...4/19 from 3...(14/39 from 2pt)...13/22 from FT...Amy Brewer finished with another double double for Estill...11 & 26

Owsley was 19/33 from the field...6/9 from 3....13/24 from 2pt....8/12 FT....Macie finished with 28 & 20
Old 12-15-2017, 12:06 PM
Starter
Liked 212 Times in 160 Posts
killerb has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
So you didnít mention anything in another post about refs adding time and the clock keeper having slow hands?

Snow, you are reading Lookyanner completely wrong, he is ultimate basketball fan , and probably has forgotten more basketball than you and I will ever know.
Send a private message to killerb Add killerb to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 01:21 PM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by killerb View Post
Snow, you are reading Lookyanner completely wrong, he is ultimate basketball fan , and probably has forgotten more basketball than you and I will ever know.
Thanks for the compliment Killerb. I have followed the game a long time and love to watch it. However, I doubt I know more about it that ď(youíll) ever knowĒ. You have always been very knowledgeable able basketball. You know the game and also the history of mountain basketball.
Again, thanks for the kind words.
skydiver1 (12-15-2017)
Old 12-15-2017, 07:45 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by killerb View Post
Sorry about having an opinion. Iím out
Old 12-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by snow View Post
sorry about having an opinion. Iím out
33E8F6A7-C078-44EE-AA3A-DD2EF1C9F111.jpg
Old 12-18-2017, 10:28 AM
Water Boy
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
blackballin is on a distinguished road
How did the Brewer girl end up in Estill Co? That's a long drive from Jackson.
Send a private message to blackballin Add blackballin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball