Rate This Thread - Whitley County 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:34 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,899 Times in 2,853 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Default Whitley County 2018
Thoughts on Whitley County 2018 season after losing 18 seniors off the team is this a rebuilding year or reload year.
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:44 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,261 Times in 2,571 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Thoughts on Whitley County 2018 season after losing 18 seniors off the team is this a rebuilding year or reload year.
it's not looking good is it?
Old 12-18-2017, 07:55 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 67 Times in 58 Posts
chs crazy is on a distinguished road
From what Iíve heard that whole district is in rebuild mode, Whitley probably stands as good a chance as any but Iíd say the region crown will move back to Pulaski this year
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 748 Times in 566 Posts
bac2369 is on a distinguished road
Perry May win that district next year.. but Whitley always s fields a tough team.
Send a private message to bac2369 Add bac2369 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:53 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Whitley has some good young players returning. How many linemen do they have returning? What kind of talent do they have coming from the middle school ?
Old 12-19-2017, 11:54 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Whitley has some good young players returning. How many linemen do they have returning? What kind of talent do they have coming from the middle school ?
I was hoping you could tell us.
Granny Bear (12-19-2017)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 12:31 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,876 Times in 3,720 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
I'll save you some time. MOST of the football programs are rebuilding in 2018. Not ALL of them, but most. Some will be in better shape while rebuilding. HC loses 20+ Seniors but will retain our QB and a couple in the talent positions.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:54 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
I was hoping you could tell us.
I'm not telling you anything. You'll be sneaking around trying to recruit the players
Old 12-19-2017, 07:57 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Granny Bear View Post
I'll save you some time. MOST of the football programs are rebuilding in 2018. Not ALL of them, but most. Some will be in better shape while rebuilding. HC loses 20+ Seniors but will retain our QB and a couple in the talent positions.
remember the name Zach Saylor. He will be like a bowling ball next year
Old 12-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 15 Times in 11 Posts
BluegrassCat is on a distinguished road
Whitley will return 8 starters on defense. That is way more than any team in their district! Offensively, they lost some key players, but they have the kids that can fill those spots. Whitley will be fine.
Send a private message to BluegrassCat Add BluegrassCat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 PM
MOD

Liked 7,925 Times in 5,476 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Whitley will field another 6-4 or 5-5 mediocre team.
Good news for them is the district is so weak they can still get lucky and win it
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:50 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
TheRock is on a distinguished road
Don’t forget we will have to put up with a genius like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

I read on here where you picked up a Corbin girlfriend ? What is that all about? 64 reason to love Corbin, #1 Gut is a bandwagon guru.

Last edited by RunItUpTheGut; 12-21-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Edited curse word
Send a private message to TheRock Add TheRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:26 AM
MOD

RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TheRock View Post
Donít forget we will have to put up with a ******* like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

I read on here where you picked up a Corbin girlfriend ? What is that all about? 64 reason to love Corbin, #1 Gut is a bandwagon guru.
You can say what you want. You know my prediction is true.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 06:57 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
TheRock is on a distinguished road
You can say what you want ,we all know you are a dumb *** . Can I ask you just one favor, PM me who fired you or skipped over you or just what happened to you that makes you such an ***. Try to remember one thing , you are now a Corbin fan, you fit in well.
Send a private message to TheRock Add TheRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 05:20 PM
MOD

You can say what you want ,we all know you are a dumb *** . Can I ask you just one favor, PM me who fired you or skipped over you or just what happened to you that makes you such an ***. Try to remember one thing , you are now a Corbin fan, you fit in well.
I think you've had too many chances to be cordial.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:42 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Donít forget we will have to put up with a genius like you that knows nothing about football or sports for that matter.

Why 64 why not a 100 reason
Old 12-21-2017, 11:32 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

What will Whitley County do to get better next season?
Old 12-22-2017, 06:05 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
bigscreen is on a distinguished road
Whitley will be okay...Chappell and Company will have them primed
64SUR (12-22-2017)
Send a private message to bigscreen Add bigscreen to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:15 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by bigscreen View Post
Do they have some good freshmen coming in?
Old 12-22-2017, 08:01 PM
Cheerleader
Think gut summed it up pretty nicely not exactly sure what North is gonna have next year but the district is very winnable for Whitley, think Harlan will be better than expected and Perry Central is probably about on the same level as Whitley.
Send a private message to chs crazy Add chs crazy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 05:09 AM
Starter
Liked 372 Times in 257 Posts
Van Hagar is on a distinguished road
We will be in full rebuild mode at North. Larkey has done a great job getting the numbers up, and there have been some pretty good (not great) middle school teams in the last few seasons, so it shouldnít be a total washout, but too many seniors that played on this years team to think itís not gonna drop off for a season or two.
Send a private message to Van Hagar Add Van Hagar to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 08:59 AM
Scout Team
Liked 128 Times in 97 Posts
NextGeneration is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bigscreen View Post
I agree , may even be better. Whitley will win District.

Gut has an axe to grind, like the other guy said he forgets he is a Corbin fan for some reason. We wish Coach Chappell the best and good luck.
Send a private message to NextGeneration Add NextGeneration to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 10:15 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,560 Times in 1,831 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Whitley lost a lot but Coach Chappell has done a good job getting the numbers up. They will be in the hunt next year.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 11:03 AM
MOD

Originally Posted by NextGeneration View Post
I agree , may even be better. Whitley will win District.

Gut has an axe to grind, like the other guy said he forgets he is a Corbin fan for some reason. We wish Coach Chappell the best and good luck.
No axe to grind. What i said is 100% true.
Just sad that a school like Whitley, with some of the best facilities in the state and pretty much unlimited money continues to push itself backwards to satisfy the few.
They'll never even beat Corbin with this staff.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:45 AM
Scout Team
What ? Never even beat Corbin? Corbin has a pretty good football team and would venture to say have much better players and not to mention so called transfers in the younger grades. Why do you want them to beat Corbin? You are a Corbin fan right? Something not right with you. I really don’t care , but Whitley’s staff is doing a pretty good job. Whitley has never been a powerhouse. You on the other hand have some kind of different agenda. I will end it here this isn’t my school or concern . Good luck Colonels and STAFF.
Send a private message to NextGeneration Add NextGeneration to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 01:43 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by NextGeneration View Post
What ? Never even beat Corbin? Corbin has a pretty good football team and would venture to say have much better players and not to mention so called transfers in the younger grades. Why do you want them to beat Corbin? You are a Corbin fan right? Something not right with you. I really donít care , but Whitleyís staff is doing a pretty good job. Whitley has never been a powerhouse. You on the other hand have some kind of different agenda. I will end it here this isnít my school or concern . Good luck Colonels and STAFF.
Why does Corbin have a better team than Whitley? I'll have to wade through BS after asking this question.
Old 12-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Scout Team
Many reasons, I guess you could start in the 50’s - 80’s with the Railroad.Tradition. Location has a lot to do with it , lately school system has helped. Most importantly has been players not from the city limits playing there. (With and without an invitation). Many reason at this point. Just to name a few things not even football related.

Not sure what you mean about wading through BS? I have watched football in this area for many years. JMO
Old 12-23-2017, 02:01 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Why does Corbin have a better team than Whitley? I'll have to wade through BS after asking this question.
How many people other than parents with kids on the team and a select few, you for example, actually care if Whitleyís team is better than Corbinís?
Thatís no BS thatís a big part of the problem what gut eludes to and people get mad at him for is true, Whitley administration for the most part simply doesnít care, unless theyve got a kid on the team.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:20 PM
Scout Team
You guys have just gotten outside my scope of things. I do find it funny that so many from Corbin knows how to fix Whitley? I will say this PJ and therock are the only two on this site taking up for Whitley. They may not care.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:59 PM
Cheerleader
Read carefully I never stated how to fix Whitley only what I felt was wrong. I never bashed your program actually stated thought you all had a pretty good chance of winning the district. Yes Iím 100% percent Corbin but except for one game a year I pull for Whitley too, a lot of Corbin does itís just not reciprocated!!

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football