Rate This Thread - New tentative high school football classifications revealed.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:04 PM
Strikeout King's Avatar
Strikeout King Strikeout King is offline
Home of the Chicago Cubs!


Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Running the Offense
Posts: 41,300
Likes: 1,083
Liked 1,291 Times in 1,073 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Default New tentative high school football classifications revealed
Potentially moving up
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

6A: Apollo, Bullitt East, Dixie Heights, Fern Creek, Marshall County, Oldham County, Southern

5A: Collins, Hopkinsville, Johnson Central, Logan County, West Jessamine

4A: Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Waggener

3A: Christian Academy of Louisville, DeSales, Glasgow, Webster County

2A: Beechwood, Bracken County, Fort Knox


Potentially moving down
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

5A: Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Great Crossing (opening 2019), Jeffersontown, Ohio County, Scott County, Seneca

4A: East Jessamine, Frederick Douglass, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Scott

3A: East Carter, Mason County, Mercer County, Nelson County, Taylor County, Wayne County

2A: Bath County, Breathitt County, Caldwell County, Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Knott County Central, Sheldon Clark, West Carter

1A: Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Trimble County


http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...194151224.html
__________________
Send a private message to Strikeout King Add Strikeout King to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:09 PM
KYHSFB KYHSFB is online now
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 80
Likes: 17
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
KYHSFB is on a distinguished road
Default
Douglass wonít move down. Thereís a reason why they play 6A with 4A enrollment but I donít know the exact reason. They will also double in enrollment soon.
Send a private message to KYHSFB Add KYHSFB to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:15 PM
TheHotSnakes TheHotSnakes is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 375
Likes: 74
Liked 97 Times in 75 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Default
I could be completely wrong, but that seems like a lot more movement than there was the last time.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:28 PM
WILDCAT NATION's Avatar
WILDCAT NATION WILDCAT NATION is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the pressbox
Posts: 937
Likes: 202
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Default
Is the list on KHSAA? Bath County and West Carter were both 2A last time but did not have any other teams close to them to play 2A. Both petitioned to play up in 3A vs local competition and have faired well.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:29 PM
TheHotSnakes TheHotSnakes is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 375
Likes: 74
Liked 97 Times in 75 Posts
TheHotSnakes is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
Is the list on KHSAA? Bath County and West Carter were both 2A last time but did not have any other teams close to them to play 2A. Both petitioned to play up in 3A vs local competition and have fair well.
I was looking for it, but couldn't find it. The best I could find was the complete school listing enrollment numbers, but that's it.
Send a private message to TheHotSnakes Add TheHotSnakes to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:43 PM
geauxtigers75's Avatar
geauxtigers75 geauxtigers75 is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Perry County
Posts: 2,899
Likes: 362
Liked 693 Times in 489 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
If Letcher and Perry get moved to 4A, it will be interesting to see how 5A Districts 7 & 8 will be re-aligned, if I had to guess, it'd look like this:

5A District 7
Pulaski County
Southwestern
Lincoln County
Madison Southern

5A District 8
Harlan County
Whitley County
North Laurel
South Laurel

With Letcher, Perry & Corbin moving into 4A, it'd be very interesting to see what happens, as 4A District 6 seems to be the best geographic spot for all 3 schools. Moving them in would also put that district at 8 teams, but since Wayne & Mercer are projected to move down, it would make sense to move Russell and Rockcastle county into district 5 and replace those 4 with Perry, Letcher and Corbin for logistical purposes. So my best rough guess would look like this in 4A district 5 & 6.

4A District 5
Marion County
East Jessamine
Russell County
West Jessamine
Rockcastle County

4A District 6
Corbin
Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
Letcher Central

I could be completely overlooking something though, just my thoughts on how it would look.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:48 PM
WILDCAT NATION's Avatar
WILDCAT NATION WILDCAT NATION is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the pressbox
Posts: 937
Likes: 202
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by geauxtigers75 View Post
If Letcher and Perry get moved to 4A, it will be interesting to see how 5A Districts 7 & 8 will be re-aligned, if I had to guess, it'd look like this:

5A District 7
Pulaski County
Southwestern
Lincoln County
Madison Southern

5A District 8
Harlan County
Whitley County
North Laurel
South Laurel

With Letcher, Perry & Corbin moving into 4A, it'd be very interesting to see what happens, as 4A District 6 seems to be the best geographic spot for all 3 schools. Moving them in would also put that district at 8 teams, but since Wayne & Mercer are projected to move down, it would make sense to move Russell and Rockcastle county into district 5 and replace those 4 with Perry, Letcher and Corbin for logistical purposes. So my best rough guess would look like this in 4A district 5 & 6.

4A District 5
Marion County
East Jessamine
Russell County
West Jessamine
Rockcastle County

4A District 6
Corbin
Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
Letcher Central

I could be completely overlooking something though, just my thoughts on how it would look.
Looks good but someone east of I-75 gets Johnson Central ina 5A district and there doesn't seem to be anyone even close.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
BelfryPride's Avatar
BelfryPride BelfryPride is offline
All BlueGrass Rivals



Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lexington, Ky
Posts: 21,394
Likes: 797
Liked 470 Times in 294 Posts
BelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of lightBelfryPride is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to BelfryPride
Default
2018 could be the final curtain call for Belfry vs. Corbin
Send a private message to BelfryPride Add BelfryPride to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-11-2018, 02:12 PM
WILDCAT NATION's Avatar
WILDCAT NATION WILDCAT NATION is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the pressbox
Posts: 937
Likes: 202
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Default
2A and 3A in for a major realignment. Will be interesting to see new potential districts.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-11-2018, 02:39 PM
Iam4thecats Iam4thecats is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 836
Likes: 108
Liked 238 Times in 170 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
Default
Interested to see how the Scott county board will begin assigning students to the school and if there will be people grandfathered in if they want to stay at Scott. McKee could potentially play 2 years in 5a with a 6a roster. Be pretty sweet for him.
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-11-2018, 02:42 PM
FoSho FoSho is online now
Cheerleader
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 333
Likes: 188
Liked 76 Times in 63 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by BelfryPride View Post
2018 could be the final curtain call for Belfry vs. Corbin
I'm afraid that curtain call has already happened. 😜
Likes: (1)
TheHotSnakes (01-11-2018)
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:11 PM
Explorer Explorer is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 62
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
Interested to see how the Scott county board will begin assigning students to the school and if there will be people grandfathered in if they want to stay at Scott. McKee could potentially play 2 years in 5a with a 6a roster. Be pretty sweet for him.
Students will be grandfathered in. Usually when redistricting happens the school district allows any student who is a current freshman to be grandfathered in and any student in middle school that has a sibling who is grandfathered in. Some districts go from 7th grade up. Just depends on how the district handles this. So yes, Scott Co will be playing 5A ball with a 6A roster for at least 2-3 years.
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:13 PM
Explorer Explorer is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 62
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
Douglass wonít move down. Thereís a reason why they play 6A with 4A enrollment but I donít know the exact reason. They will also double in enrollment soon.
When given the option to move up in class, aren't you restricted to going up one class. If they were slotted in 4A they would only be able to move up to 5A. Anyone know for sure on that?
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:16 PM
FoSho FoSho is online now
Cheerleader
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 333
Likes: 188
Liked 76 Times in 63 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
2A and 3A in for a major realignment. Will be interesting to see new potential districts.
I'm hearing one 3A District as: Boyle, Mercer, Garrard, Taylor and Western Hills.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:19 PM
Explorer Explorer is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 62
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
Potentially moving up
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

6A: Apollo, Bullitt East, Dixie Heights, Fern Creek, Marshall County, Oldham County, Southern

5A: Collins, Hopkinsville, Johnson Central, Logan County, West Jessamine

4A: Corbin, Lexington Catholic, Waggener

3A: Christian Academy of Louisville, DeSales, Glasgow, Webster County

2A: Beechwood, Bracken County, Fort Knox


Potentially moving down
Schools listed by tentative new class effective 2019

5A: Boone County, Conner, Cooper, Great Crossing (opening 2019), Jeffersontown, Ohio County, Scott County, Seneca

4A: East Jessamine, Frederick Douglass, Letcher County Central, Perry County Central, Scott

3A: East Carter, Mason County, Mercer County, Nelson County, Taylor County, Wayne County

2A: Bath County, Breathitt County, Caldwell County, Edmonson County, Fort Campbell, Knott County Central, Sheldon Clark, West Carter

1A: Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Trimble County


http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-...194151224.html

Thoughts I have from looking at this.


East Jessamine already plays 4A voluntarily moving down I believe.

Good for East Carter to be back in 3A and out of the same district of Johnson Central and Ashland.

West Carter has played up because of travel but with Bath and Sheldon Clark could be a district with easier travel.

Beechwood moving up would be music to the ears of Paintsville, Pikeville, Hazard, Raceland, etc.
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:31 PM
WILDCAT NATION's Avatar
WILDCAT NATION WILDCAT NATION is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the pressbox
Posts: 937
Likes: 202
Liked 136 Times in 104 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
I'm hearing one 3A District as: Boyle, Mercer, Garrard, Taylor and Western Hills.
I would also throw Wayne in that one as well. I could also see WH moving in with Henry Co, etc.
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 878
Likes: 105
Liked 339 Times in 210 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
I would also throw Wayne in that one as well. I could also see WH moving in with Henry Co, etc.
I think Wayne will most likely take Corbin's place in the old district with bell, Casey, jackson, and McCreary.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:43 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 878
Likes: 105
Liked 339 Times in 210 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
Thoughts I have from looking at this.


East Jessamine already plays 4A voluntarily moving down I believe.

Good for East Carter to be back in 3A and out of the same district of Johnson Central and Ashland.

West Carter has played up because of travel but with Bath and Sheldon Clark could be a district with easier travel.

Beechwood moving up would be music to the ears of Paintsville, Pikeville, Hazard, Raceland, etc.
Beechwood moves up but NCC moves down. They'll be a little more beatable, but I think they'll be the team to beat in 1a more years than not.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-11-2018, 03:58 PM
E's Army E's Army is online now
All BlueGrass Rivals

Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 14,006
Likes: 456
Liked 2,480 Times in 1,762 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Default
NCC and Beechwood trading spots
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-11-2018, 04:31 PM
Explorer Explorer is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 131
Likes: 62
Liked 29 Times in 23 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road
Default
NCC was 1a in the 4 class system weren’t they?
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Single Wing 77 Single Wing 77 is offline
2nd String
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 878
Likes: 105
Liked 339 Times in 210 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Default
They were for a long time along with mayfield, beechwood, and Danville. They won a few 2a titles in the 4 class system too.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Jarons's Avatar
Jarons Jarons is offline
BGR Staff

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Jacksonville, NC
Posts: 5,846
Likes: 170
Liked 564 Times in 398 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
NCC was 1a in the 4 class system werenít they?
Yes
__________________
Send a private message to Jarons Add Jarons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-11-2018, 06:34 PM
33 power 33 power is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 82
Likes: 6
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts
33 power is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Originally Posted by geauxtigers75 View Post
If Letcher and Perry get moved to 4A, it will be interesting to see how 5A Districts 7 & 8 will be re-aligned, if I had to guess, it'd look like this:

5A District 7
Pulaski County
Southwestern
Lincoln County
Madison Southern

5A District 8
Harlan County
Whitley County
North Laurel
South Laurel

With Letcher, Perry & Corbin moving into 4A, it'd be very interesting to see what happens, as 4A District 6 seems to be the best geographic spot for all 3 schools. Moving them in would also put that district at 8 teams, but since Wayne & Mercer are projected to move down, it would make sense to move Russell and Rockcastle county into district 5 and replace those 4 with Perry, Letcher and Corbin for logistical purposes. So my best rough guess would look like this in 4A district 5 & 6.

4A District 5
Marion County
East Jessamine
Russell County
West Jessamine
Rockcastle County

4A District 6
Corbin
Clay County
Knox Central
Perry Central
Letcher Central

I could be completely overlooking something though, just my thoughts on how it would look.
Harlan co is 4A under this new deal so

Harlan co
Perry co
Letcher co
Clay co
In a district and

Corbin
Knox central
Rock
Russell co

Geographically makes a little more sense. Not by much though outlier is Russell co
Send a private message to 33 power Add 33 power to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-11-2018, 06:36 PM
goBIGblue82's Avatar
goBIGblue82 goBIGblue82 is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,549
Likes: 176
Liked 375 Times in 251 Posts
goBIGblue82 is on a distinguished road
Default
Potential 3A Districts. District numbering may be different, I just went with pairings.

1- Webster Co, fort Campbell, Union Co, Paducah, Trigg Co

2- CAL, Desales, Central, Henry Co

3- Bardstown, Thomas Nelson, Nelson Co, Etown, Larue Co

4- Adair, Taylor, Casey, Glasgow, Hart Co

5- Boyle, Garrard, Mercer, Western Hills, Estill, Powell

6- Bell Co, Jackson Co, McCreary, Wayne Co

7- Mason Co, Fleming Co, Lewis co, Pendleton Co, Russell, East Carter

8- Belfry, Pike Central, Floyd Central, Lawrence Co, Magoffin Co, Morgan Co
Send a private message to goBIGblue82 Add goBIGblue82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:10 PM
AnswertheBell AnswertheBell is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 324
Likes: 14
Liked 51 Times in 39 Posts
AnswertheBell is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by KYHSFB View Post
Douglass wonít move down. Thereís a reason why they play 6A with 4A enrollment but I donít know the exact reason. They will also double in enrollment soon.
When was the last State Champion in Lexington? I would think FD would stay this round. Several reason to stay. Some pressure to stay.
Send a private message to AnswertheBell Add AnswertheBell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 PM
Strikeout King's Avatar
Strikeout King Strikeout King is offline
Home of the Chicago Cubs!


Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Running the Offense
Posts: 41,300
Likes: 1,083
Liked 1,291 Times in 1,073 Posts
Strikeout King will become famous soon enough
Default
Originally Posted by goBIGblue82 View Post
Potential 3A Districts. District numbering may be different, I just went with pairings.

1- Webster Co, fort Campbell, Union Co, Paducah, Trigg Co

2- CAL, Desales, Central, Henry Co

3- Bardstown, Thomas Nelson, Nelson Co, Etown, Larue Co

4- Adair, Taylor, Casey, Glasgow, Hart Co

5- Boyle, Garrard, Mercer, Western Hills, Estill, Powell

6- Bell Co, Jackson Co, McCreary, Wayne Co

7- Mason Co, Fleming Co, Lewis co, Pendleton Co, Russell, East Carter

8- Belfry, Pike Central, Floyd Central, Lawrence Co, Magoffin Co, Morgan Co

I can't see that happening. I think that Estill and Powell will be in Fleming's district.
__________________
Send a private message to Strikeout King Add Strikeout King to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:30 PM
killbilly usmc's Avatar
killbilly usmc killbilly usmc is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: CHAMPIONS ARE MADE WHEN THE STANDS ARE EMPTY
Posts: 2,257
Likes: 167
Liked 472 Times in 330 Posts
killbilly usmc is on a distinguished road
Default
Looks like 2a district 1 will be Mayfield, Murray, Caldwell County, Ft Campbell, and Ballard Memorial. Pretty stout district.
Send a private message to killbilly usmc Add killbilly usmc to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:39 PM
Kracken Kracken is offline
Statistician
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 141
Likes: 26
Liked 52 Times in 38 Posts
Kracken is on a distinguished road
Default
Mayfield and Beechwood. Ring the bell, let's get it on!
Likes: (1)
Explorer (01-11-2018)
Send a private message to Kracken Add Kracken to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-11-2018, 07:53 PM
thecoacher thecoacher is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 552
Likes: 76
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
thecoacher is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Strikeout King View Post
I can't see that happening. I think that Estill and Powell will be in Fleming's district.
Making it an 8 team district? Or do you mean just a mix of Fleming, Estill, Powell and a couple of others?
Send a private message to thecoacher Add thecoacher to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Demarcus ware's Avatar
Demarcus ware Demarcus ware is offline
Head Coach


Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,678
Likes: 1,427
Liked 1,013 Times in 702 Posts
Demarcus ware is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by 33 power View Post
Harlan co is 4A under this new deal so

Harlan co
Perry co
Letcher co
Clay co
In a district and

Corbin
Knox central
Rock
Russell co

Geographically makes a little more sense. Not by much though outlier is Russell co
Harlan County isn’t moving according to the article
Send a private message to Demarcus ware Add Demarcus ware to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.