Rate This Thread - Perry Central coaching search.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:22 PM
MOD

Liked 7,837 Times in 5,413 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
Default Perry Central coaching search
Let's get it started

Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:40 AM
Starter
Liked 297 Times in 218 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
Shouldbe Ovie Canadys if he wants it. Hes very well deserving.
geauxtigers75 (02-07-2018), patsfan01 (02-07-2018)
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:32 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 38 Times in 22 Posts
Reds#1Fan is on a distinguished road
They are going to have to find a local guy. No big name coach is going to come and stay for a long period. Need to go young and try to build a program with someone. Canít start over every 3-4 years.
Send a private message to Reds#1Fan Add Reds#1Fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:02 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,695 Times in 2,105 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
A Perry County native that went south?
Old 02-07-2018, 02:33 AM
Water Boy
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
sambo is on a distinguished road
Matt Robinson
Send a private message to sambo Add sambo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:31 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,480 Times in 1,762 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
64SUR needs a job.
cherokee (02-15-2018), Granny Bear (02-07-2018)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:46 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 54 Times in 46 Posts
JerryGarcia is on a distinguished road
Ovie Canady should be your next coach
Send a private message to JerryGarcia Add JerryGarcia to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:50 AM
Admin-a-hater

Liked 2,651 Times in 1,844 Posts
zaga_fan will become famous soon enough
Ovie makes the most sense. If he will take it, I think he's the best bet. They wouldn't have to start over from scratch.

Does Jordan Amis get another chance? He resigned after his first season due to some issues that were worked out not long after he left.

I imagine they'll get a handful of applicants.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Lacks the ability to love

Liked 612 Times in 425 Posts
Real Badman is on a distinguished road
IMO someone outside is needed. People of Perry have a hard concept of understanding this. Haddix is probably the ceiling at Perry, you'll never see another like him.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:12 AM
Admin-a-hater

Originally Posted by Real Badman View Post
IMO someone outside is needed. People of Perry have a hard concept of understanding this. Haddix is probably the ceiling at Perry, you'll never see another like him.
When has Perry not embraced that concept?
In the school's history, I'm pretty sure Jordan Amis is the only coach to have any ties to the program before taking the job, unless you count Bert Browne returning to coach for a second stint.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:43 AM
Statistician
Liked 39 Times in 30 Posts
ProudPanther is on a distinguished road
Haddix is the ceiling at about 90% of the schools in the state. Pretty HIGH ceiling.... If they get close to Haddix they will have done exceptionally well.
Send a private message to ProudPanther Add ProudPanther to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 AM
2nd String
Liked 339 Times in 210 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Reds#1Fan View Post
They are going to have to find a local guy. No big name coach is going to come and stay for a long period. Need to go young and try to build a program with someone. Canít start over every 3-4 years.
They're going to have to make it a priority to keep someone for the long haul. As long as football plays second fiddle to basketball, coaches will leave as soon as a better offer comes along.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by zaga_fan View Post
In the school's history, I'm pretty sure Jordan Amis is the only coach to have any ties to the program before taking the job, unless you count Bert Browne returning to coach for a second stint.
Perry is just the Perry-est place in Kentucky. Probably should pack it up.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Head Coach
Liked 693 Times in 489 Posts
geauxtigers75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you pack your account up and never post again, that would be awesome.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:54 AM
Starter
Liked 297 Times in 218 Posts
The_Rock is on a distinguished road
Perry needs to drop down to 3A. Not sure if they could or not. I think Tom had the program going in the right direction and someone like Ovie will keep things improving. I think Ovie would throw the football a little more and get some of the basketball players to come out. Ovie has done more with the youth football programs than anyone that I can remember has. He runs all the weightlifting and conditioning programs to. He is the best choice by far. He just needs to be givin a chance. He lives and breathes football.
Send a private message to The_Rock Add The_Rock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by geauxtigers75 View Post

But I am too irrelevant to ignore.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Head Coach
Originally Posted by The_Rock View Post
Perry needs to drop down to 3A. Not sure if they could or not. I think Tom had the program going in the right direction and someone like Ovie will keep things improving. I think Ovie would throw the football a little more and get some of the basketball players to come out. Ovie has done more with the youth football programs than anyone that I can remember has. He runs all the weightlifting and conditioning programs to. He is the best choice by far. He just needs to be givin a chance. He lives and breathes football.
It'd be 4A, and i'm thinking we will move there when the next major realignment takes place. And I agree, Coach Canady is a good man that loves the game and would be great for the program.
Send a private message to geauxtigers75 Add geauxtigers75 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Admin-a-hater

I'm just going to assume since you refused to answer the question you are admitting you don't know what you're talking about and just spouting things off because you can.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:12 AM
Admin-a-hater

It'd be 4A, and i'm thinking we will move there when the next major realignment takes place. And I agree, Coach Canady is a good man that loves the game and would be great for the program.
Perry is at 4A numbers right now - so that'll be the case come realignment time.

I would imagine that would put them in the Clay, Knox, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne district (assuming none of those are reclassified or someone nearby moves up or down).

I don't think district is much much easier to get wins than District 8 in 5A - but I think it would be a welcomed change.

But I think anyone watching the grade school program and seen the attitude change in general around the entire program since Larkey and Canady came over understands how good of a hire Ovie would be.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Statistician
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
enknight84 is on a distinguished road
It would be his third stint.
Send a private message to enknight84 Add enknight84 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:25 AM
Head Coach
Perry is at 4A numbers right now - so that'll be the case come realignment time.

I would imagine that would put them in the Clay, Knox, Rockcastle, Russell, Wayne district (assuming none of those are reclassified or someone nearby moves up or down).

I don't think district is much much easier to get wins than District 8 in 5A - but I think it would be a welcomed change.

But I think anyone watching the grade school program and seen the attitude change in general around the entire program since Larkey and Canady came over understands how good of a hire Ovie would be.
Yea as far as enrollment is concerned we've been a 4A school playing up the past few years. I just hope when the realignment comes we can avoid Corbin's district if/when they are moved into 4A. I could see Letcher getting in the district with us and Wayne and Russell being moved out west, ending up with a Perry-Letcher-Clay-Knox-Rockcastle district, close to how it looked from 2001-2006 when these teams were together in the old class 3A.

Last part is very true and can't be stated enough, the youth program is in the best shape it's ever been and it's in big part to both of those men. They've done wonders for the program in the 3 years they have been here.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:38 AM
MOD

Liked 7,837 Times in 5,413 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura aboutRunItUpTheGut has a spectacular aura about
No way to avoid corbin now.
They will definitely be 4A and if Perry doesnt ask or isnt granted permission to play up, theyll be stuck with corbin, letcher, clay, and most likely Rock.
This is the most likely scenario IMO.

However, Perry, Letcher, Clay, and Knox could be in a district and they could stick corbin, rock, and wayne in a different district.
That is likely if the map works out.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:38 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Ovie makes the most sense. If he will take it, I think he's the best bet. They wouldn't have to start over from scratch.

Does Jordan Amis get another chance? He resigned after his first season due to some issues that were worked out not long after he left.

I imagine they'll get a handful of applicants.
I was wondering what happened to Jordan Amis.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Admin-a-hater

Originally Posted by enknight84 View Post
It would be his third stint.
You did not understand what I said.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:11 PM
Admin-a-hater

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
No way to avoid corbin now.
They will definitely be 4A and if Perry doesnt ask or isnt granted permission to play up, theyll be stuck with corbin, letcher, clay, and most likely Rock.
This is the most likely scenario IMO.

However, Perry, Letcher, Clay, and Knox could be in a district and they could stick corbin, rock, and wayne in a different district.
That is likely if the map works out.
There are a lot of moving parts. You would have to imagine Perry, Letcher and Clay would be in the same district - Corbin/Rockcastle/Russell/Wayne could all be moved out west or be a part of that.

Honestly, Johnson Central is probably as close to Perry and Letcher as they are the rest of the schools in their district. Maybe they get thrown into the mix?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:13 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 5,635 Times in 3,568 Posts
Granny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the roughGranny Bear is a jewel in the rough
I know Ovie personally, and I could not respect anyone more than I respect him.

In my opinion, you couldn't find a coach more suited for this particular position than him.

Last edited by Granny Bear; 02-11-2018 at 01:45 AM.
Send a private message to Granny Bear Add Granny Bear to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:17 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 52 Times in 40 Posts
AnswertheBell is on a distinguished road
Better question is why Perry would stay 4A, I would think they would want to stay 5A.
Send a private message to AnswertheBell Add AnswertheBell to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:26 PM

All jokes aside, I really like a lot of people near the Perry program. Ovie would do well.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Starter
Liked 171 Times in 112 Posts
I Rule The World is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of moving parts. You would have to imagine Perry, Letcher and Clay would be in the same district - Corbin/Rockcastle/Russell/Wayne could all be moved out west or be a part of that.

Honestly, Johnson Central is probably as close to Perry and Letcher as they are the rest of the schools in their district. Maybe they get thrown into the mix?
Guys are forgetting about Harlan Co. too... And I will bet that Johnson Central gets to stay in 4A because there will be no 5A schools even remotely close to them...
Send a private message to I Rule The World Add I Rule The World to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football