Rate This Thread - Trinity 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:42 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
CarzyRock is on a distinguished road
Default Trinity 2018
How will Trinity do in the coming year? They will need to replace the QB and star WR along with 15 other seniors. The Rocks return some great players, including DE Stephen Herron, but last year's JV results included some hard losses to St. X and Carmel and some narrow wins.

Do the Rocks still roll? Will 2018 be number 26? Or does another school catch them this year?
Send a private message to CarzyRock Add CarzyRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:45 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 76 Times in 63 Posts
FoSho is on a distinguished road
WanDale Robinson would have made a HUGE impact at T but since that ship has officially sailed.......

......who's going to be QB? That is the biggest key for T moving forward imo.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:31 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,479 Times in 1,761 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
They just reload. Jefferson County and Southern Indiana all stars they are having try outs.
Malcolm Ex (01-13-2018)
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:52 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts
Malcolm Ex is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by E's Army View Post
They just reload. Jefferson County and Southern Indiana all stars they are having try outs.
I donít find Trinity impressive for those reasons. Private schools have too many advantages public school football programs donít.
Jackson Purchase (01-17-2018)
Send a private message to Malcolm Ex Add Malcolm Ex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by CarzyRock View Post
How will Trinity do in the coming year? They will need to replace the QB and star WR along with 15 other seniors. The Rocks return some great players, including DE Stephen Herron, but last year's JV results included some hard losses to St. X and Carmel and some narrow wins.

Do the Rocks still roll? Will 2018 be number 26? Or does another school catch them this year?
They win title 26. Frankly, it is not all that impressive. Private schools simply have adavantages public school football programs donít. Open recruitment is just one of many.
Send a private message to Malcolm Ex Add Malcolm Ex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:45 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Malcolm Ex View Post
They win title 26. Frankly, it is not all that impressive. Private schools simply have adavantages public school football programs donít. Open recruitment is just one of many.
If you ever find proof of recruitment please submit it to the KHSAA.

Staying on topic, I do think you are correct about them winning title 26. Beatty can adjust his strategy to fit the players he has and I haven't heard about any superstar athletes in 6A with a strong enough supporting team to make me worry. St. X is a concern, however it's tough to win under a new coach's first year.

Male, though, could take me by surprise. Coach Wolfe has beaten Trinity quite a few times in recent years and I feel like he knows how to get in Beatty's head.
Send a private message to CarzyRock Add CarzyRock to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:55 PM
Cheerleader
If they don't have a good QB their chances of winning the title reduce greatly.
Send a private message to FoSho Add FoSho to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FoSho View Post
If they don't have a good QB their chances of winning the title reduce greatly.
That's true. It is kind of worrying that I haven't heard anything about the back-up QB from last year either. I remember people talking about Bohn, Woosley, and Blackburn before they started, but I can't recall anyone talking about the next candidate for QB.
FoSho (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:17 PM
2nd String
Liked 339 Times in 210 Posts
Single Wing 77 is on a distinguished road
I think they go unchallenged for a while unless St.X makes a great hire.
Send a private message to Single Wing 77 Add Single Wing 77 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:31 PM
Cheerleader
That's true. It is kind of worrying that I haven't heard anything about the back-up QB from last year either. I remember people talking about Bohn, Woosley, and Blackburn before they started, but I can't recall anyone talking about the next candidate for QB.
I have heard of the Jutz (?) kid (in middle school) but I also hear he has struggled in HS so I figured it wouldn't be him.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:49 PM
Cheerleader

Staying on topic, I do think you are correct about them winning title 26. Beatty can adjust his strategy to fit the players he has and I haven't heard about any superstar athletes in 6A with a strong enough supporting team to make me worry. St. X is a concern, however it's tough to win under a new coach's first year.

Male, though, could take me by surprise. Coach Wolfe has beaten Trinity quite a few times in recent years and I feel like he knows how to get in Beatty's head.
They are a private school they can recruit thatís why they donít impress me
Old 01-16-2018, 03:07 PM
Statistician
Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
thsrocks is on a distinguished road
Unless senior to be McKean grows 2 inches or more in height, then Jutz will be the favorite. Of course this year's freshman QB, could beat them both. Beatty will play the best regardless of age or pedigree. Coverdale and Brohm are excellent at coaching players "up" and 5 years in a row starting a new face at QB has worked well.

The JVs took a few lumps as several linemen played up to cover for preseason injuries to starters. Miller (WR) and Dingle (S) were both sophomore starters and another Dingle may start as a sophomore in 2018. The addition of a senior to be linebacker may pay big dividends. This year's excellent freshman lb Ely will get a shot to start varsity. Coach Cobb is very successful molding his defense.

Going undefeated will be a huge challenge. Winning #26 is the ultimate goal for 2018.
Send a private message to thsrocks Add thsrocks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Statistician
Just confirmed on their website Naperville Central from Illinois is the guest at Marshall Stadium on September 14, 2018. The Redhawks were 9-3 last season and per MaxPreps were the number 8 team in Illinois and #314 nationwide. By comparison, the Miami (Champagnat Catholic-2A State Champs) team the Rocks hosted last year finished #46 in Florida and #496 in the U.S. per MaxPreps.

Carmel & Warren Central from IN, Moeller from OH, and the Redhawks along with neighborhood buddies Male and St. Xavier makes up a very entertaining schedule for 2018. On with indoor and quarterback school!
Send a private message to thsrocks Add thsrocks to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:20 PM
Statistician
Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Jackson Purchase is on a distinguished road

Ok so it doesn't meet some arbitrary standard of "recruitment". But facts are top notch kids flock there for the program, facilities and maybe occasionally the education. Its simply NOT what high school athletics should be. Its made a joke of competition. 6A public schools have no shot. The state title in 6A is meaningless now.
Malcolm Ex (01-17-2018)
Send a private message to Jackson Purchase Add Jackson Purchase to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 06:40 PM
Scout Team
Liked 312 Times in 210 Posts
Orange Blaze is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jackson Purchase View Post
Ok so it doesn't meet some arbitrary standard of "recruitment". But facts are top notch kids flock there for the program, facilities and maybe occasionally the education. Its simply NOT what high school athletics should be. Its made a joke of competition. 6A public schools have no shot. The state title in 6A is meaningless now.
So they basically you don't like them because they have high standards and everyone else can't keep up? If I had a kid that had a future in athletics then I would want them to go to a top notch program that has a strong tradition and good facilities. Schools like this really don't need to recruit because the tradition of the program does that for them. Also Trinity is one of the top academic institutions in the state so why wouldn't a parent want their kid to go there? I thought the point of high school athletics was to teach kids how to win and be successful not to teach them to make excuses or hold negative feelings towards people who do things at a higher level than them.
Send a private message to Orange Blaze Add Orange Blaze to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:01 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Orange Blaze View Post
So they basically you don't like them because they have high standards and everyone else can't keep up? If I had a kid that had a future in athletics then I would want them to go to a top notch program that has a strong tradition and good facilities. Schools like this really don't need to recruit because the tradition of the program does that for them. Also Trinity is one of the top academic institutions in the state so why wouldn't a parent want their kid to go there? I thought the point of high school athletics was to teach kids how to win and be successful not to teach them to make excuses or hold negative feelings towards people who do things at a higher level than them.
Public schools simply canít keep up due to constraints Trinity does not have. The playing field is not level and canít be on a consistent basis.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:02 PM
Cheerleader
Bingo!
Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 PM
Scout Team
Liked 312 Times in 210 Posts
Orange Blaze is on a distinguished road
Public schools simply canít keep up due to constraints Trinity does not have. The playing field is not level and canít be on a consistent basis.
I get that but that is life and things aren't always fair. I find schools like this to be impressive not because they beat up on teams in state but because they can go out of Kentucky and win against high level competition from other states. Kentucky high school sports get little respect and it is nice to know that there are teams in the state that can gain national exposure. From their perspective playing Kentucky teams probably seems like a waste of time and that is why you don't see them scheduling in state competition until they have to. I went to a public school and played on teams that were beat up by privates every year but at the end of the day I am not going to hate on an institution that out performed me regardless of the reasons why.
Send a private message to Orange Blaze Add Orange Blaze to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Statistician
Liked 35 Times in 20 Posts
Jackson Purchase is on a distinguished road
Why do you think Texas, Georgia and Florida use multipliers on privates? To balance competition! Dominating privates are the definition of Elitism today. How does it even being to teach kids that hard work and effort is rewarded? Its not high school sports, its not American. Let Trinity and Cov. Catholic play Bishop Gorman, IMG & other College Preparatory academies. Get them out of HS sports because they don't belong there. Its really ruining it for everyone.
Malcolm Ex (01-18-2018)
Send a private message to Jackson Purchase Add Jackson Purchase to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 01:37 AM
Statistician
Why do you think Texas, Georgia and Florida use multipliers on privates? To balance competition! Dominating privates are the definition of Elitism today. How does it even being to teach kids that hard work and effort is rewarded? Its not high school sports, its not American. Let Trinity and Cov. Catholic play Bishop Gorman, IMG & other College Preparatory academies. Get them out of HS sports because they don't belong there. Its really ruining it for everyone.
So now you are saying Trinity High School's football success is UNAMERICAN! ARE YOU SERIOUS????

Hey, about no titles in baseball, one title in basketball? Wrestling? Is anyone crying on the golf threads, the swimming threads, or soccer threads? Ask the new assistant coaches who joined the staff before this past season what they think and feel about the program. Many of the staffers are public school alumni and/or many have worked in various public systems. You really do not want to hear their takes on why Trinity is successful, especially in football. I enjoy listening to their ideas.

Only two years ago, Male was the top dog in football. Scott County got one two years before that. Winning programs tend to attract like minded student-athletes!
Old 01-18-2018, 09:35 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Both play under the same rules as established by the KHSAA.

Trinity's advantages are simply open enrollment (which any school board may choose to allow in public), a tradition of winning excellence (something Mayfield and Highlands, both public, enjoyed for many years), an active and successful fundraising initiative among alumni for sports programs (something a public could do) and no compulsion to follow Title IX (the only advantage a public school cannot copy).

I was hoping this wouldn't turn into 'public vs private' thread, but I can't say I'm surprised. Some people just have to take shots anytime they can.
Old 01-18-2018, 10:43 AM
Cheerleader
Boyle Co has done a great job of fundraising over the years (QB Club) and this has afforded them the opportunity to provide equipment and other items that normally would be impossible. The QB Club support, I'd be willing to bet, is not only one of the best in KY but one of the best in the nation. It is one of the reasons why Boyle Co Football has accomplished what it has over the last 20 years.

Boyle Co Youth Football, BCMS and BCHS builds and develops the talent ON the field while the administration and BCQBC handles things OFF the field.

I guess my point with sharing all that is that if you have a plan (Chuck Smith did in the mid-90's), work hard and are committed ANY school public or private can build a dominant program.
CarzyRock (01-18-2018)
Old 01-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Cheerleader
Both play under the same rules as established by the KHSAA.

Trinity's advantages are simply open enrollment (which any school board may choose to allow in public), a tradition of winning excellence (something Mayfield and Highlands, both public, enjoyed for many years), an active and successful fundraising initiative among alumni for sports programs (something a public could do) and no compulsion to follow Title IX (the only advantage a public school cannot copy).

I was hoping this wouldn't turn into 'public vs private' thread, but I can't say I'm surprised. Some people just have to take shots anytime they can.
There are many other issues that public schools face private schools donít. Too many to list. Trinity just doesnít impress me thatís all. They should win number 26 next year though again
Old 01-20-2018, 11:47 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I posted this in the schedule thread, but here is a good place for it too.

Trinity Schedule 2018

8/10 Scrimmage - Ryle @ Trinity

8/17 Carmel (IN) @ Carmel

8/24 Warren Central (IN) @ Trinity

8/31 Archbishop Moeller (OH) @ Moeller

9/7 Male High School @ Trinity

9/14 Naperville Central (IL) @ Trinity

9/21 Jeffersontown @ Trinity (district game)

9/28 St. Xavier @ Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium

10/5 Eastern @ Eastern (district game)

10/12 Seneca @ Seneca (district game)

10/19 Ballard @ Trinity (district game)
Old 02-03-2018, 11:42 AM
Statistician
Freshman head coach and defensive coordinator both retired. Best of luck to Mike Magre and John Ellington. These are top quality individuals.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football