Rate This Thread - Bath Co. 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:01 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Malcolm Ex is on a distinguished road
Default Bath Co. 2018
Can Coach Poynter keep Bath Co. moving forward?
Send a private message to Malcolm Ex Add Malcolm Ex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:27 PM
Starter
Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
The Wildcats return nearly everyone from the 2017 team that went 7-4 including 2,200 rusher Landan Swartz and 6’7” All Area Defensive End and Tight End Austin Reed. The Cats have 10 Seniors but all 10 started last season and many the past 2 seasons. Solid Junior and Sophomore classes combined with a large incoming freshman group should provide depth. Coach Poynter really got his squad playing physical last season and look for that to increase even more this year. The Cats could be the district favorite in 2018.
Malcolm Ex (01-18-2018)
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:36 AM
Water Boy
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Slingblade is on a distinguished road
Bath should have one of the best defenses in district but they will need to invest in a playbook. They will not get back to 7-4 with the same 3 offensive plays.
Send a private message to Slingblade Add Slingblade to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:01 PM
Starter
Liked 345 Times in 253 Posts
OutlawJoseyWales is on a distinguished road
This district has been woeful over the past several years.
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:36 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by WILDCAT NATION View Post
The Wildcats return nearly everyone from the 2017 team that went 7-4 including 2,200 rusher Landan Swartz and 6’7” All Area Defensive End and Tight End Austin Reed. The Cats have 10 Seniors but all 10 started last season and many the past 2 seasons. Solid Junior and Sophomore classes combined with a large incoming freshman group should provide depth. Coach Poynter really got his squad playing physical last season and look for that to increase even more this year. The Cats could be the district favorite in 2018.
Sounds like the potential for a big year in 2018
Send a private message to Malcolm Ex Add Malcolm Ex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 66 Times in 50 Posts
Thrillex is on a distinguished road
Johnny Poynter old school underrated coach, but runs up stats.
Send a private message to Thrillex Add Thrillex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 12:49 PM
Starter
I like Johnny as a person....but question a lot of his coaching tactics.
Send a private message to OutlawJoseyWales Add OutlawJoseyWales to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:08 PM
Starter
Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OutlawJoseyWales View Post
I like Johnny as a person....but question a lot of his coaching tactics.
90% of coaches at one time or another have their "tactics" questioned by someone. Here's a story to sum up JP:

2015 1st year at Bath County. A son comes home from practice on Friday of the 1st week. Dad has been out of town on business and asks how practice is going with the new staff. Son replies "Dad, I may have learned more about football this week than I knew in my life before now. He knows what he is doing".
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Starter
90% of coaches at one time or another have their "tactics" questioned by someone. Here's a story to sum up JP:

2015 1st year at Bath County. A son comes home from practice on Friday of the 1st week. Dad has been out of town on business and asks how practice is going with the new staff. Son replies "Dad, I may have learned more about football this week than I knew in my life before now. He knows what he is doing".

Like I said....he's a nice guy. I'm sure he's grown as a coach over the years. He's been a lot of places....Pike Central, Trimble, Bourbon. Experience is the great teacher
Old 01-19-2018, 01:24 PM
Statistician
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Explorer is on a distinguished road

Gotta question who was teaching him about football all those years before that.......
Send a private message to Explorer Add Explorer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:08 AM
Cheerleader
Like him or not JP gets results everywhere he’s been including Trimble County. Man can coach
WILDCAT NATION (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Water Boy
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Slingblade is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Malcolm Ex View Post
Like him or not JP gets results everywhere he’s been including Trimble County. Man can coach

WILDCAT NATION (01-26-2018)
Send a private message to Slingblade Add Slingblade to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football