Rate This Thread - Covington Catholic 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-29-2018, 05:23 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 46 Times in 39 Posts
Malcolm Ex is on a distinguished road
Default Covington Catholic 2018
What do they have coming back? Can they repeat?
Send a private message to Malcolm Ex Add Malcolm Ex to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:09 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 43 Times in 32 Posts
Woodsman is on a distinguished road
Big question mark at qb. They have options. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds. They have loads of talent returning. They will be an elite team but likely not as dominant as 2017.
Send a private message to Woodsman Add Woodsman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:28 PM
Water Boy
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts
Beagle1 is on a distinguished road
They always are
Send a private message to Beagle1 Add Beagle1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:47 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cakebattermatters is on a distinguished road
They have lost all the leaders on offense and defense and in my opinion will struggle due to the fact there is nobody waiting to fill those spots. QB is a huge question mark that will be a growing pain over the next few years. Senior talent has carried this team over the past year. I see this team being knocked out in the regionals. This will be back to what cov cath fans have been used to.
Send a private message to Cakebattermatters Add Cakebattermatters to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:52 AM
Starter
Liked 127 Times in 105 Posts
UK1fan is on a distinguished road
CovCath is loaded on both sides of the ball. 6'5 Mayer and 6'5 Coldiron are both D1 recruits. The entire OLine returns. McGinnis at RB had over 1000 yards. The new qb can run and throw.
Send a private message to UK1fan Add UK1fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 06:08 PM
Statistician
Liked 52 Times in 43 Posts
Frank Martin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by UK1fan View Post
CovCath is loaded on both sides of the ball. 6'5 Mayer and 6'5 Coldiron are both D1 recruits. The entire OLine returns. McGinnis at RB had over 1000 yards. The new qb can run and throw.
Who is the new qb?
Send a private message to Frank Martin Add Frank Martin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
Who is the new qb?
Either Ruesch who will be a Senior or Sophomore to be Noah Powers.
Send a private message to UK1fan Add UK1fan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:22 PM
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
FootballKrazy1234 is on a distinguished road
I expect Cov Cath to repeat.. too much to handle. Disciplined, well oiled machine, too much talent. Expect running clocks against everyone they play again.
Send a private message to FootballKrazy1234 Add FootballKrazy1234 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 01:00 AM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
The Truth Sayer is on a distinguished road
I want what you a partaking in...........running clock against everyone?
Didn't have it this year and they were very good, can't see them being better than they were this year.
But then again, I have seen greater things from lesser teams.
Good Luck to Cov Cath, ordered the rings now.
Send a private message to The Truth Sayer Add The Truth Sayer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Cheerleader
Iím wondering if they wonít utilize a multiple quarterback system. I think they could use several different players according to certain situations that may arise. I guess we shall see.
Send a private message to Woodsman Add Woodsman to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 08:09 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 2,637 Times in 1,894 Posts
E's Army is on a distinguished road
Could be a real good team and not be close to last year's team.
Send a private message to E's Army Add E's Army to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:58 AM
Head Coach
Liked 464 Times in 303 Posts
Hatz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cakebattermatters View Post
They have lost all the leaders on offense and defense and in my opinion will struggle due to the fact there is nobody waiting to fill those spots. QB is a huge question mark that will be a growing pain over the next few years. Senior talent has carried this team over the past year. I see this team being knocked out in the regionals. This will be back to what cov cath fans have been used to.
I think you are wishing more than thinking on this one.

Cov Cath returns 4 of 5 OLinemen. That's a pretty good building block for any team.

They return 3 of their skilled Offensive players.

They return 4 on the Defensive Side of the ball who started.

Also their placekicker returns.
Send a private message to Hatz Add Hatz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:34 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 55 Times in 46 Posts
mantax is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
I think you are wishing more than thinking on this one.

Cov Cath returns 4 of 5 OLinemen. That's a pretty good building block for any team.

They return 3 of their skilled Offensive players.

They return 4 on the Defensive Side of the ball who started.

Also their placekicker returns.
If you do not think losing a QB the caliber of Mayer is a big impact then you are kidding yourself. Can you name these players or is that what you read somewhere else?
Send a private message to mantax Add mantax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 AM
Head Coach
Liked 464 Times in 303 Posts
Hatz is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mantax View Post
If you do not think losing a QB the caliber of Mayer is a big impact then you are kidding yourself. Can you name these players or is that what you read somewhere else?
Simple research.

Go to khsaa website. Pull up starters for the 5A title game. Pull up roster in a different tab.

Cross reference starter with roster to find underclassmen.

No one thinks losing Mayer isnít difficult but the cupboard isnít bare.
Send a private message to Hatz Add Hatz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Cheerleader
If you think Covington catholic isnít going to be loaded this upcoming season....you arenít paying attention. They wonít be as dominant as last year for sure.....but they are going to be light years ahead of the last 20 years or so.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:52 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
If you think Covington catholic isnít going to be loaded this upcoming season....you arenít paying attention. They wonít be as dominant as last year for sure.....but they are going to be light years ahead of the last 20 years or so.
Define the term "loaded". Last years team I would say was "loaded" at all key positions. This years team is going to have a QB that quite honestly is not going to anywhere near what they had last season. That is not a knock on whomever that QB might be, but losing a Division 1 QB that was a three year started is going to have a major impact on your team.
FoSho (05-30-2018)
Send a private message to mantax Add mantax to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:41 PM
Cheerleader
Define the term "loaded". Last years team I would say was "loaded" at all key positions. This years team is going to have a QB that quite honestly is not going to anywhere near what they had last season. That is not a knock on whomever that QB might be, but losing a Division 1 QB that was a three year started is going to have a major impact on your team.
Absolutely but whatever qb is used in a given situation has the luxury of state championship line protection and several massive D-1 receivers. ****, handing the ball of to Casey McGinnis will win a lot of games in and of itself. The colonels will be fine this season. They just need to find what works in given scenarios.
Old 05-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Cheerleader
Mantax, I fully acknowledge that Covington catholic has an enormous question at qb. They also have a very dynamic coaching staff that can maximize offensive output. Itís a challenge and an opportunity for them. I donít see anyone in their region challenging them though. I donít see it being close really
Old 05-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Woodsman View Post
Mantax, I fully acknowledge that Covington catholic has an enormous question at qb. They also have a very dynamic coaching staff that can maximize offensive output. Itís a challenge and an opportunity for them. I donít see anyone in their region challenging them though. I donít see it being close really
Only time will tell. One very nice season does not make someone completely invincible.
Old 06-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Cheerleader
Only time will tell. One very nice season does not make someone completely invincible.
No but lots of talent and a phenomenal coaching staff can advance things in the right direction.
Old 06-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Starter
CovCath qb already has a scholarship offer to Union College. CovCath will be tough to beat.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:22 AM
Starter
CovCath is loaded at every position.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:19 AM
2nd String
Liked 299 Times in 205 Posts
Iam4thecats is on a distinguished road
Highlands replaced D-1 and all-state qb's for 10 years straight but Cov Cath can't do it once? I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell the Highlands fans. Eviston has built a program not a team and he is a qb guy.
Send a private message to Iam4thecats Add Iam4thecats to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 01:50 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 345 Times in 244 Posts
plantmanky is on a distinguished road
Cov Cath should probably enjoy what they have turned around as a program as it might be changing very quickly with what is going on at the school right now.
Send a private message to plantmanky Add plantmanky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:40 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Cov Cath should probably enjoy what they have turned around as a program as it might be changing very quickly with what is going on at the school right now.
What is going on at the school?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:41 PM
Starter
Originally Posted by Iam4thecats View Post
Highlands replaced D-1 and all-state qb's for 10 years straight but Cov Cath can't do it once? I've got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell the Highlands fans. Eviston has built a program not a team and he is a qb guy.
CovCath has 3 qood qbs on the roster.
Old 06-11-2018, 12:12 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by UK1fan View Post
What is going on at the school?
The sky is falling and they are getting ready to close up shop
Old 06-11-2018, 03:14 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by plantmanky View Post
Please provide the details that you have verified so that we may all revel in the downfall of a school that has existed for 93 years.
Old 06-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Statistician
Liked 55 Times in 45 Posts
Fear the Nation is on a distinguished road
Cov Cath is loaded, maybe not as much as last year but they have a vary good core group of athletes. They will be tough to beat again this year. They are very good against the run. You better be able to throw efficiently or it's going to be a long night.
Send a private message to Fear the Nation Add Fear the Nation to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football