Rate This Thread - Paintsville 2018.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Starter
Liked 172 Times in 133 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
Default Paintsville 2018
Thoughts and predictions?
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:54 PM
State Champion

Liked 1,414 Times in 1,031 Posts
Scotty_Bronson is an unknown quantity at this point
Paintsville should be a little better imo. They return some nice recievers and qb showed promise last year. They will need to be more diverse offensively to make a run, imo. When the big man went down last year in the regional championship, they seemed to panic little. Cant be a one trick pony and make a run.
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 04:42 PM
Starter
Liked 666 Times in 432 Posts
Patriot1 is on a distinguished road
Paintsville has a great nucleus coming back and will definitely be in the hunt.
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 01:56 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 813 Times in 609 Posts
bac2369 is on a distinguished road
Defense will be the strong point again. The offense will need to develop player makers. They have plenty but they will need to step up.
Send a private message to bac2369 Add bac2369 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:05 PM
State Champion

I agree. From the outside looking in, they sold out too much offensively last year and relied on their workhorse to pound the middle and let that open up the edges or the passing game. Problem with that was when the horse came up lame or throwed a shoe (all jokes of course), they became one demensional. They have some nice running backs and WR, they need a more balanced offense though. But, some of that probably came with the fact of having a young and inexperienced QB, who imo, with work, will be a great HS qb. He has a big arm, just raw in his footwork and timing.
Send a private message to Scotty_Bronson Add Scotty_Bronson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 12:21 AM
State Champion

Really Tiggers? Crickets?
PHSForever (03-15-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 01:26 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 143 Times in 90 Posts
2000PHS is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Scotty_Bronson View Post
Really Tiggers? Crickets?
Return a great core including a QB that has a year of experience. Defense has a ton of playmakers returning. As always, it will be a monumental task going to Raceland and winning the district and then beating them again a month later. If we can, our reward... Playing Pikeville at Pikeville.
Send a private message to 2000PHS Add 2000PHS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 02:02 PM
State Champion

I strongly believe one of those 3 will be at Kroger field. Pikeville returns a TON on both sides of the ball, but Raceland and Paintsville, while they lose a good bit of tallent, return alot of it as well and a majority of what both return, will have atleast a years worth of experience under their belt.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:06 PM
Starter
Liked 172 Times in 133 Posts
WILDCAT NATION is on a distinguished road
I strongly believe one of those 3 will be at Kroger field. Pikeville returns a TON on both sides of the ball, but Raceland and Paintsville, while they lose a good bit of tallent, return alot of it as well and a majority of what both return, will have atleast a years worth of experience under their belt.
I agree one of the 3 and you can throw in Hazard and confidently say 100% it will be one of those 4. I would put Pikeville at a 50% chance, Hazard at 25%, and Raceland and Paintsville split at 12.5%.
E's Army (04-12-2018)
Send a private message to WILDCAT NATION Add WILDCAT NATION to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 04:28 PM
State Champion

One thing has been consistent the last 3 or 4 years. The preseason "favorite" in the east, hasnt been the representative, come december.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:00 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
jgrlzz is on a distinguished road
Anyone know what their schedule is?
Send a private message to jgrlzz Add jgrlzz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:09 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 89 Times in 71 Posts
Mister D is on a distinguished road
Unless the young QB takes a big step forward their offense will struggle this year. They really just relied on Tanner Smith and Tyrese to make something happen last year. I dont know if they have anyone to replace that.

Defense will be very strong once again. One worry has to be depth.
Send a private message to Mister D Add Mister D to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 04:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Eagleland is on a distinguished road
I don't think the tigers will struggle after a couple incoming kids show up. They'll be strong in the backfield plus have depth
Send a private message to Eagleland Add Eagleland to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 05:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,624 Times in 1,540 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Eagleland View Post
I don't think the tigers will struggle after a couple incoming kids show up. They'll be strong in the backfield plus have depth
Tell us who tell us who! I look for Paintsville to have an excellent signing period.
Gargamel (03-21-2018)
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:19 PM
Statistician
Oh Jetpilot I can't spoil the fun
It shall be excitement for us all....
Running Backs and depth shouldn't be an issue
Send a private message to Eagleland Add Eagleland to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 06:24 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 119 Times in 75 Posts
Micro-Brew is on a distinguished road
Hey Paintsville kids, hear this, if you read between the lines people around your program once again are saying "You're not good enough". Much like Nut on the Raceland/Greenup threads begging for a qb, when people/parents/whomever assoc with your program are on the internet asking Santa for players, or all giddy over new kids coming, then they're telling you something. Personally I don't get the draw. If I were a kid in that direction I'd be heading to JC. They've been there done that. And I don't wanna hear all the D1 BS. All that's for is chest thumping and self indulgence. They put kids into programs where they can't succeed. Of all these supposed D1 kids, how many are still playing? 1? Kash was gonna be D1 if he went to Magoffin honestly. Kash made Kash not the program. As a matter of fact how many of these D1 kids are still even at that program? 2? It frustrates me to no end when programs really aren't interested in the best interest of the kids and trying to put them in a situation where they can have success on the field but more importantly in the school and get a degree. It's really all about trying to win and sell a product than it is about the kids. So I'd think twice about my situation before jumping ship because of what you're being told. Done with my rant for the day. Agree or disagree, that's my thoughts on the matter.
Patriot1 (03-21-2018)
Send a private message to Micro-Brew Add Micro-Brew to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 07:49 PM
Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Eagleland View Post
Oh Jetpilot I can't spoil the fun
It shall be excitement for us all....
Running Backs and depth shouldn't be an issue
Depends who they are.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Blackcat2001 is on a distinguished road
Could it be a couple of Blackcats?
Send a private message to Blackcat2001 Add Blackcat2001 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 08:42 PM
Starter
Paintsville will be good this year, better than last year is yet to be seen. They lost some real talent off last years team which will be hard to replace. The biggest thing I seen about Paintsville they need to control their emotions better and not get those stupid penalities and stop some of their drives.
Send a private message to Patriot1 Add Patriot1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:35 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by Micro-Brew View Post
Hey Paintsville kids, hear this, if you read between the lines people around your program once again are saying "You're not good enough". Much like Nut on the Raceland/Greenup threads begging for a qb, when people/parents/whomever assoc with your program are on the internet asking Santa for players, or all giddy over new kids coming, then they're telling you something. Personally I don't get the draw. If I were a kid in that direction I'd be heading to JC. They've been there done that. And I don't wanna hear all the D1 BS. All that's for is chest thumping and self indulgence. They put kids into programs where they can't succeed. Of all these supposed D1 kids, how many are still playing? 1? Kash was gonna be D1 if he went to Magoffin honestly. Kash made Kash not the program. As a matter of fact how many of these D1 kids are still even at that program? 2? It frustrates me to no end when programs really aren't interested in the best interest of the kids and trying to put them in a situation where they can have success on the field but more importantly in the school and get a degree. It's really all about trying to win and sell a product than it is about the kids. So I'd think twice about my situation before jumping ship because of what you're being told. Done with my rant for the day. Agree or disagree, that's my thoughts on the matter.
Kids go to Paintsville because the coaching staff goes above and beyond in terms of helping them reach their goals. If you don’t see that, just ask some of the graduates, not just the super stars.
Send a private message to 2000PHS Add 2000PHS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:28 PM
Statistician
Kids at Paintsville do get recognized more and have opportunities playing early.
Their coaching staff works hard to help their kids to the next level whether it's D1 D 2 or even being eligible for college not counting sports. Now once the kid goes college it's up to the kid what they makes of his/her college career in sports or just being a student.
Not ever kid is a D1 talent their parents think they are or D2.
Not ever 5'10" 200 lbs RB or LB that rushed for 2000 yds but runs a 5.3 40 going D1.

Its funny some students leave HS at other school that their not even college eligible due to their HS class schedules or grades.

It Frustrates me people keeps downing this school and their programs.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:49 PM
Cheerleader
Would you care to give me some examples? Are you talking about going to college and having success as a student? My point is the So called D1 Factory. Can you list me the kids say over the last 5 years that this staff has put into D1 that are having success on the field as well? Is that a fair question? There's no question Paintsville is a good academic school as are some other area schools. My point is once again how about being honest with a kid on their talent level and directing them to a situation where they may have success. I'm sure there are plenty of kids that just go on to be good college students and good people. Do you not think that coaching staffs of other programs have successful kids? Once again I'm just trying to understand the draw. If I'm an area football kid and was leaving my current school, there would be about 3 choices ahead of Paintsville, so I continue to wonder why they get triple the transfers of anyone else. So if other schools win more championships, academics are fairly equal, have successful students post high school and also put kids in college sports, then what is the draw? The only think I can think of is all the D1 claims. So I would like to hear the examples of D1 success that the kids have had over the last 5 years. Listen I'm not disputing Coach Chirico isn't a great role model for the kids, I've heard great things, but to act like their staff is the draw would be puzzling to me. Do you not think other staffs try to get their kids in positions to reach their goals academically and athletically?
Send a private message to Micro-Brew Add Micro-Brew to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Cheerleader
Would you care to give me some examples? Are you talking about going to college and having success as a student? My point is the So called D1 Factory. Can you list me the kids say over the last 5 years that this staff has put into D1 that are having success on the field as well? Is that a fair question? There's no question Paintsville is a good academic school as are some other area schools. My point is once again how about being honest with a kid on their talent level and directing them to a situation where they may have success. I'm sure there are plenty of kids that just go on to be good college students and good people. Do you not think that coaching staffs of other programs have successful kids? Once again I'm just trying to understand the draw. If I'm an area football kid and was leaving my current school, there would be about 3 choices ahead of Paintsville, so I continue to wonder why they get triple the transfers of anyone else. So if other schools win more championships, academics are fairly equal, have successful students post high school and also put kids in college sports, then what is the draw? The only think I can think of is all the D1 claims. So I would like to hear the examples of D1 success that the kids have had over the last 5 years. Listen I'm not disputing Coach Chirico isn't a great role model for the kids, I've heard great things, but to act like their staff is the draw would be puzzling to me. Do you not think other staffs try to get their kids in positions to reach their goals academically and athletically?
Short answer. No. Hence people leave.
Old 03-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Hall of Fame

Because certain people from Paintsville actively talk to kids from other schools about going there. If someone tells you it isn't happening they either don't know or are pulling your leg.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:45 PM
State Champion

Tbh, idk why everyone makes such a stink about it all. In the big picture, the kids are playing ball and the parents are doing what they feel is best for their kid. From an opponents stand point, no matter the reason a kid is on their roster...still gotta play em. Jmo. Now if its a legit violation of rules its one thing...but idk why everyone flips out like they do over all of this. I never saw a crime in talking to a kid trying to get them to come to your school. But now there IS a limit to how far one should go, just from a ethical standpoint. But too many times i see people get bent out of shape over something as simple as, "man i wish ud come up the road ans play for us", or "why dont you come down here and play ball for us, great program, great tradition, we would do all we can to further your education and career after high school"...but a statement like that can get someone in serious trouble, which imo, is crazy.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:50 PM
State Champion

If someone is fabricating positions for parents, offering tuition assistance, or other financial incentives, thats way out of line and not right. But from the outside looking in, it seems like people are getting bent out of shape over conversations. Jus t dont get it. Theres not a single A program in the state that can promise a D1, D2, D3, **** even a NAIA scholarship. And the fact remains, that a D1 player is a D1 player, no matter where he or she is at.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Cheerleader
If someone is fabricating positions for parents, offering tuition assistance, or other financial incentives, thats way out of line and not right. But from the outside looking in, it seems like people are getting bent out of shape over conversations. Jus t dont get it. Theres not a single A program in the state that can promise a D1, D2, D3, **** even a NAIA scholarship. And the fact remains, that a D1 player is a D1 player, no matter where he or she is at.
Short answer. They are. Hence people come.
Gargamel (03-22-2018)
Old 03-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Starter
We hear all these rumors ever year some may be true and most not. If I was or my kids where at a school and my school brought in another kid that took my position or my child’s that would be the thing to me. We all know we have bias towards are own school or kids but to win games of any sport by any means is not right. Like you said Scotty most of these kids just have high school sports to look forward too. If kids are leaving for a better education or getting away from being mistreated I understand.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:57 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 2,124 Times in 1,462 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Please...... GET THIS ONE BACK ON THE TOPIC OF PAINTSVILLE'S 2018 SEASON.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:58 PM
Cheerleader
Bottom line- if kids are leaving your program- that’s a “you” problem. Don’t get mad at where they go to. Look in the mirror and fix your problems.
Glory Days (03-23-2018), NutterButter (03-23-2018)

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Football