Rate This Thread - Whitley County 53 Knox Central 52.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:18 PM
Scout Team
Liked 161 Times in 111 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Default Whitley County 53 Knox Central 52
Final. Game went into overtime. Estes lit it up for WC. Great game. Awesome atmosphere at the end of the game.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 02-27-2018, 10:27 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,691 Times in 2,903 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Way to go Colonels!
Old 02-27-2018, 10:30 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by CoachNM0523 View Post
Final. Game went into overtime. Estes lit it up for WC. Great game. Awesome atmosphere at the end of the game.
Hopefully she shoots lights out in the next games.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Suspended
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GreysHeadline is on a distinguished road
That's good coaching right there! BANG! DDE
Send a private message to GreysHeadline Add GreysHeadline to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:35 PM
Suspended
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
SwallowedMyWhistle2 is on a distinguished road
The Legend pulled out another one. Book your rooms now Colonels! That a boy Dave!
Send a private message to SwallowedMyWhistle2 Add SwallowedMyWhistle2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:38 PM
Starter
Liked 217 Times in 171 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Knox was up 1 and had four fouls to give in last minute but didn't go for steals or foul. They couldn't put Whitley on the line at the end in a 1-point game. Big mistake.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:47 PM
Scout Team
Liked 161 Times in 111 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Hopefully she shoots lights out in the next games.
Her shot is smooth. Every time she’s got it the Knox crowd groaned. You can’t give her an inch or she’ll cash it.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:07 PM
2nd String
Liked 166 Times in 133 Posts
PRIDE101 is on a distinguished road
Good job Colonels , very proud of our Lady Panthers , very proud of that effort tonight.
Send a private message to PRIDE101 Add PRIDE101 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:48 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by GreysHeadline View Post
That's good coaching right there! BANG! DDE
No it ain't. lol
Old 02-27-2018, 11:51 PM
RETIRED

Liked 8,018 Times in 5,549 Posts
RunItUpTheGut has disabled reputation
Way to close for Whitley.
Hopefully this was there bad showing. This game shouldn't have been close.
Send a private message to RunItUpTheGut Add RunItUpTheGut to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:56 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by CoachNM0523 View Post
Her shot is smooth. Every time she’s got it the Knox crowd groaned. You can’t give her an inch or she’ll cash it.
She's tough for sure.
Old 02-27-2018, 11:57 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by RunItUpTheGut View Post
Way to close for Whitley.
Hopefully this was there bad showing. This game shouldn't have been close.
I agree. They have to play better as a team.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:41 AM
Suspended
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Can’t wait for Eddie Munster vs Diamond Dave!
Send a private message to SwallowedMyWhistle2 Add SwallowedMyWhistle2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:14 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by SwallowedMyWhistle2 View Post
Can’t wait for Eddie Munster vs Diamond Dave!

Old 02-28-2018, 10:24 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
ratherbefishin is on a distinguished road
Whitley needs to attack the paint more if they're going to advance. I thought they relied on the three way too much in the fourth quarter. They were lucky to survive.
Send a private message to ratherbefishin Add ratherbefishin to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:45 AM
Asst. Coach

Liked 570 Times in 398 Posts
OldJacket is on a distinguished road
Estes is tough as nails, congrats to the Colonels...
Old 02-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Suspended
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by OldJacket View Post
Estes is tough as nails, congrats to the Colonels...
Yes, Diamond Dave is, Get em' Dave! BANG!! DDE
Send a private message to GreysHeadline Add GreysHeadline to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:52 AM
Water Boy
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Kuz is on a distinguished road
Whitley's fan base was awesome last night. Showed some real support for their girls last night.
Send a private message to Kuz Add Kuz to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:07 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
Whitley needs to attack the paint more if they're going to advance. I thought they relied on the three way too much in the fourth quarter. They were lucky to survive.
I think you're right.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by GreysHeadline View Post
Yes, Diamond Dave is, Get em' Dave! BANG!! DDE
Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:09 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Whitley's fan base was awesome last night. Showed some real support for their girls last night.
Colonels! Colonels! Colonels!
Old 02-28-2018, 11:18 AM
Statistician
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
TheColonel is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=pjdoug;2131247]Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? [/QUOT

I think he is trying to take the heat away from the boys coach and trying to discredit the girls coach. Why, because there are rumors of Estes coming to the boys but only as an assistant. His business and his boys is the reason. JMO

I have heard another name being tossed around and he is an established coach with a great record. Don't think it will happen this year. I think they are going to hang the boys coach out with the brutal schedule he made and next year will wrap it up. We will have to wait and see. Either way something different has to happen, numbers are a problem for a reason.
Send a private message to TheColonel Add TheColonel to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:24 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

[QUOTE=TheColonel;2131255]
Dave, What's your infatuation with Dave? [/QUOT

I think he is trying to take the heat away from the boys coach and trying to discredit the girls coach. Why, because there are rumors of Estes coming to the boys but only as an assistant. His business and his boys is the reason. JMO

I have heard another name being tossed around and he is an established coach with a great record. Don't think it will happen this year. I think they are going to hang the boys coach out with the brutal schedule he made and next year will wrap it up. We will have to wait and see. Either way something different has to happen, numbers are a problem for a reason.
They need to bring some real coaches in and break this clique up.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM
Suspended
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

DDE can handle the Heat! Look how he has turned around the girls program. You think his daughter is good, his son is twice the shooter she is and She can shoot the lights out like she did last night!

Old 02-28-2018, 11:28 AM
Suspended
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just know Greatness when I see it! You cant hold the Diamond back, Dave assists no one. Shine Bright Like a DIAMOND! DDE
Old 02-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Rainingthrees is on a distinguished road
Congrats lady Colonels, you/Colonel Nation got the win and that's all that matters this time of year. Should be a great night of basketball Friday. Coach Estes doing what he was hired to do and that's win and advance. Personally I think he needs to stay with the girls program because he has done a good job with it and has lots of talent to try to get to state in the coming years if not this year. As for the boys I hope Overbey is the coach cause he has won in the past and with the up and coming talent in the lower classes on the way he will win again imo. Talked to a player returning next season last night and he said they had close to 20 kids at the meeting to prepare for off season weight lifting and summer program so that's encouraging. Just think the numbers last year was a fluke year and their schedule was ridiculous. Best of luck to both programs and go Colonels!
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:05 PM
Suspended
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Rainingthrees View Post
Congrats lady Colonels, you/Colonel Nation got the win and that's all that matters this time of year. Should be a great night of basketball Friday. Coach Estes doing what he was hired to do and that's win and advance. Personally I think he needs to stay with the girls program because he has done a good job with it and has lots of talent to try to get to state in the coming years if not this year. As for the boys I hope Overbey is the coach cause he has won in the past and with the up and coming talent in the lower classes on the way he will win again imo. Talked to a player returning next season last night and he said they had close to 20 kids at the meeting to prepare for off season weight lifting and summer program so that's encouraging. Just think the numbers last year was a fluke year and their schedule was ridiculous. Best of luck to both programs and go Colonels!
That what I am saying, no reason to leave a program that you started and built into a Championship Monster. Last Night was their first time playing in the Arena, so you have to take that into account. WC is just now stretching their legs. Diamond Dave knows what he is doing.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:58 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

[QUOTE=SwallowedMyWhistle2;2131269]
Originally Posted by TheColonel View Post

DDE can handle the Heat! Look how he has turned around the girls program. You think his daughter is good, his son is twice the shooter she is and She can shoot the lights out like she did last night!

He gets shook up on the radio. Courtside is too stressful.
Old 02-28-2018, 02:00 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Originally Posted by Rainingthrees View Post
They should hire some top notch coaches and let the current coaches start a baton twirling team up .
Old 02-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Rainingthrees is on a distinguished road
They should hire some top notch coaches and let the current coaches start a baton twirling team up .
Like baseball and football I totally agree. I think when the time comes to hire new round ball coaches they for sure need to go out of house and bring in very good ones. Start with a clean slate and allow the best players to play. If and when Overbey steps down I would tell Estes to stay as girls coach or hit the stands as a fan, cause if he is wanting to switch then we all know it's about his boys instead of the program. Would go after qualified coaches for both programs. Will continue to support but hope the bosses do the right thing for the programs to reach the potential of a school this size is capable doing.
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball