Rate This Thread - Johnson Central 56 Pikeville 51 (15th Region Championship).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:11 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Liked 2,048 Times in 1,410 Posts
Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
Default Johnson Central 56 Pikeville 51 (15th Region Championship)
Final from the Expo.

JC wins their 10th regional championship.

2016 Class 4A State Champions!!!!!
JOHNSON CENTRAL GOLDEN EAGLES!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-03-2018, 10:43 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Pulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nicePulp Fiction is just really nice
JC now has the most girls basketball 15th regional championships with 10.

1985, 1986, 1993, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2008, 2009, 2015 & 2017.

Send a private message to Pulp Fiction Add Pulp Fiction to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:25 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Pikeville couldn't stop Castle in the paint. She made a living in their tonight.

Old 03-04-2018, 01:59 AM
"Based on a True Story"

JC has played two of the fifteen teams in the Sweet 16. These games were a just week apart. Taking an L in games that aren't in the District or Regional tournaments are just practice. Kudos to Coach Rice for such a challenging schedule.

Region 14
1/20/18: Knott County Central; W 72-66 (OT).

Region 16
1/27/18: Boyd County; L 43-68.

Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 03-04-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Thirsty Dog is on a distinguished road
Johnson Central played lights out beginning the second half of the SV game until the end of the championship game. They recovered almost every 50/50 ball, played defense, rebounded, and didn't turn the ball over numerous times. They were fun to watch. I think Pikeville though the best team was eleminated the night before. They were wrong.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Head Coach

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,572 Times in 949 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Thirsty Dog View Post
Johnson Central played lights out beginning the second half of the SV game until the end of the championship game. They recovered almost every 50/50 ball, played defense, rebounded, and didn't turn the ball over numerous times. They were fun to watch. I think Pikeville though the best team was eleminated the night before. They were wrong.
I think you’re wrong. I CAN tell you the players and the coaches all respected JC very much. So I think you misperceived Pikeville’s impression of JC. Congratulations to JC on the win, and congratulations to the Pikeville girls on an outstanding year. They have nothing to hang their heads about at all.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Equipment Manager
Didn't say anything about disrespecting anyone. A team might respect another team, but they also sometimes overlook other teams. Since you said disrespected first it leaves me to wonder what they really thought about JC. That is called a Freudian slip. Pikeville had a great year. However, people will remember who played in the girls state tournament in 2018.
Send a private message to Thirsty Dog Add Thirsty Dog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:15 PM
Head Coach

Didn't say anything about disrespecting anyone. A team might respect another team, but they also sometimes overlook other teams. Since you said disrespected first it leaves me to wonder what they really thought about JC. That is called a Freudian slip. Pikeville had a great year. However, people will remember who played in the girls state tournament in 2018.
You said “I think Pikeville though (sic) the best team was eliminated the night before. They were wrong”. That implies you can thought Pikeville didn’t respect JC. There’s no Freudian slip, it’s just a typical JC fan tactic that everyone is disrespecting you all. Barking up the wrong tree, accept the congratulations and move along. If you have to wonder about what people really think about your team, you need to reconsider whether your paranoia is escalating or not.

Good luck to the JC girls at state. While people may remember who plays in 2018, they’d be well advised to remember the Panthers in the future. Coach Orem has them here to stay, they aren’t going anywhere any time soon.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:26 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Thank God the girls Sweet 16 has been moved from WKU.

JC to WKU - 268 miles; 4 hours & 11 minutes.
JC to NKU - 155 miles; 3 hours & 8 minutes.

Playing the first game on Wednesday morning may hurt the JC crowd, but not near as bad as if it was at WKU.

Old 03-04-2018, 06:29 PM
"Based on a True Story"

Johnson Central vs. Owensboro Catholic

3/7/18
12:00PM
NKU BB&T Bank Arena.

Old 03-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Equipment Manager
You know what I think. Getting on a social web site and arguing or telling people what they are thinking without knowing them is sick. My life doesn't revolve around thumping my chest and telling people they are wrong. I had a opinion about the game as I saw it. Sorry you were offended.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Head Coach

You know what I think. Getting on a social web site and arguing or telling people what they are thinking without knowing them is sick. My life doesn't revolve around thumping my chest and telling people they are wrong. I had a opinion about the game as I saw it. Sorry you were offended.
Yet you got on here and basically told me MY opinion was wrong. Hmm. Good luck. I mean it. I hope they go and rep the 15th well.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:14 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Basketballmom41 is on a distinguished road
I don't agree. Pikeville's coach was at the 57th District championship scouting. I don't believe she underestimated anyone.
Send a private message to Basketballmom41 Add Basketballmom41 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 12:27 AM
Head Coach
Liked 246 Times in 187 Posts
Warthog is on a distinguished road
I agree
When #14 for JC made the game winner, Pikeville knew they had it. You could tell by their reactions.
Good luck JC nice run
Send a private message to Warthog Add Warthog to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:38 AM
Statistician
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
3sporteagle is on a distinguished road
Johnson Central's team this year grew exponentially throughout the year. Their schedule early on really helped them in my opinion. Started the season 4-10 and then won 16 of their last 18. Good luck girls!
Send a private message to 3sporteagle Add 3sporteagle to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:49 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by 3sporteagle View Post
Johnson Central's team this year grew exponentially throughout the year. Their schedule early on really helped them in my opinion. Started the season 4-10 and then won 16 of their last 18. Good luck girls!
All games except in the post-season are practice.

4-10 or 14-0...... give me the 4-10 record playing some of the top teams in the state and be able to get two big W's in the regional tournament.

Old 03-06-2018, 12:50 AM
Scout Team
Liked 87 Times in 62 Posts
Mjolnir is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I agree
When #14 for JC made the game winner, Pikeville knew they had it. You could tell by their reactions.
Good luck JC nice run
Don't think anyone"knew they had it". Pikeville spilt with JC during the season. What reactions? It was a wild game and people were all excited and shocked. You guys lost on a buzzer beater. JC just shut SV down in 4th( 0 points ). It was a tremendous game and in my opinion just showed a lot of heart from their players. SV had the most talent by far on their team,maybe they felt invincible. Their schedule was fairly weak and I was afraid this would happen. Moving on!!!
PHSForever (03-06-2018)
Send a private message to Mjolnir Add Mjolnir to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:16 AM
Scout Team
Liked 138 Times in 112 Posts
Motley is on a distinguished road
Johnson Central peaked at the right time. Pikeville returns everyone so they should be a fun team to watch next season.

Good luck to JC at state!
Mjolnir (03-06-2018)
Send a private message to Motley Add Motley to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Scout Team
Several teams return key players; JC returns 4 starters and rumor has it they have already replaced her with a transfer from Paintsville, and more to come.
Send a private message to Mjolnir Add Mjolnir to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:24 PM
Scout Team
Should have said ,they have a replacement for next year for the starter they lose
Old 03-07-2018, 08:52 AM
"Based on a True Story"

Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
Several teams return key players; JC returns 4 starters and rumor has it they have already replaced her with a transfer from Paintsville, and more to come.
Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
Should have said ,they have a replacement for next year for the starter they lose
Rumors are bad.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Girls Basketball