Rate This Thread - 2018-19 13th Region Teams/Players to watch for.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
PioneerBlue is on a distinguished road
Default 2018-19 13th Region Teams/Players to watch for
Who ya got?
Send a private message to PioneerBlue Add PioneerBlue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-04-2018, 03:56 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,076 Times in 2,990 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
South Laurel will be loaded next year
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:34 PM
Statistician
Liked 20 Times in 18 Posts
KYHoopsFan71 is on a distinguished road
South Laurel-JJ Ramey and Matthew Comer. Some kids coming up from JV that Iíve been keeping an eye on.
Corbin-Chase Sanders and I like Matthew Taylor.

I think itís South and Corbin (again) next year
Send a private message to KYHoopsFan71 Add KYHoopsFan71 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Suspended
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
13th Region Renegade is on a distinguished road
Corbin and South. Also, Clay had a roster of mostly freshmen and sophomores that gained a lot of experience this season. Will all of them still be Tigers next season? I still see Clay being at least another year away, regardless.
Send a private message to 13th Region Renegade Add 13th Region Renegade to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 93 Times in 65 Posts
Leonards_loser is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KYHoopsFan71 View Post
South Laurel-JJ Ramey and Matthew Comer. Some kids coming up from JV that Iíve been keeping an eye on.
Corbin-Chase Sanders and I like Matthew Taylor.

I think itís South and Corbin (again) next year
#2 Norvell for South is going to be a nice player. About 6'4 now and a sophomore. Very good shooter. Hostettler of the bench is a sophomore as well. The sophomore class has several kids that will step in and help. Also have heard that Dalton will be back with the team next season. Very athletic 6'3 guy who will be a senior next season. Corbin will be strong again as usual. Knox should be also.
Not that it means anything for future success, but South JV team went 23-4 on the season.
Send a private message to Leonards_loser Add Leonards_loser to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:05 PM
Starter
Liked 217 Times in 171 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
I'm starting with Knox at No. 1 with four starters coming back. I'd have South second and Corbin third.
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:22 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Allcity33 is on a distinguished road
South- Ramey/Cromer
Knox- Returns 4 starters and reserves Adams/Imel/Tay Turner/Martin/Patterson/Elliot/Javonte Turner will be a sophomore and back healthy.
Clay- Curry/Robinson/Farmer
Corbin- Sanders/Taylor/Wine/Barton
Send a private message to Allcity33 Add Allcity33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:23 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
I'm starting with Knox at No. 1 with four starters coming back. I'd have South second and Corbin third.
South/Knox would be my top 2 for sure.
Send a private message to Allcity33 Add Allcity33 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:25 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 4,076 Times in 2,990 Posts
64SUR will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Allcity33 View Post
South- Ramey/Cromer
Knox- Returns 4 staters and reserves Adams/Imel/Tay Turner/Martin/Patterson/Elliot/Javonte Turner will be a sophomore and back healthy.
Clay- Curry/Robinson/Farmer
Corbin- Sanders/Taylor/Wine/Barton
I see several transfers on this list.
RealJokersWild24 (03-06-2018)
Send a private message to 64SUR Add 64SUR to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 64SUR View Post
Wouldnít doubt it
Old 03-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 73 Times in 62 Posts
JerryGarcia is on a distinguished road
50th district should be entertaining. Mboro,Harlan,Bell return everyone basically while HC loses 4 starters. Looks like S. Laurel will be preseason #1 in region.
Send a private message to JerryGarcia Add JerryGarcia to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 40 Times in 33 Posts
Leader is on a distinguished road
Knox baby.
Send a private message to Leader Add Leader to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 04:31 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 55 Times in 40 Posts
RealJokersWild24 is on a distinguished road
Yep.

You are alright (for a Corbin fan).

But in all seriousness, I see what are probably at least a couple too.
Send a private message to RealJokersWild24 Add RealJokersWild24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:06 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 83 Times in 63 Posts
cchsfan4life is on a distinguished road
Unless Clay makes some changes.......they won't be a contender for the district title....let alone the regional title......Also if they don't make changes......I could see some of those names listed not suiting up for the black and gold next year....which could makes things really interesting.
Send a private message to cchsfan4life Add cchsfan4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 104 Times in 76 Posts
JeanClaudeVanGraham is on a distinguished road
1.) South Laurel: Ramey and Cromer.
2) Knox Central: they return a lot of players.
3.) Corbin: they return Sanders, Maguet, and Matthew Taylor. Taylor played well in the region title game.
Since Harlan County, North Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Jackson County all lose several good seniors I would put Clay 4th just because they return so many players from this year, but itís just a mess over in Manchester right now. Of course these rankings will probably change after this summerís free agency period...
Send a private message to JeanClaudeVanGraham Add JeanClaudeVanGraham to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Scout Team
Liked 101 Times in 81 Posts
ArJay is on a distinguished road
My Bobcats should have a whole mess of good players next year with Partin, S Brock, T Brock, Lambdin, and Collett. And a bunch of good young'uns. But we sure fell apart at the end of the year. We got some guys that can jump, shoot, and play. We just need to get them to do it together. The talent is there.
Send a private message to ArJay Add ArJay to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 38 Times in 36 Posts
Rainingthrees is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by JeanClaudeVanGraham View Post
1.) South Laurel: Ramey and Cromer.
2) Knox Central: they return a lot of players.
3.) Corbin: they return Sanders, Maguet, and Matthew Taylor. Taylor played well in the region title game.
Since Harlan County, North Laurel, Lynn Camp, and Jackson County all lose several good seniors I would put Clay 4th just because they return so many players from this year, but itís just a mess over in Manchester right now. Of course these rankings will probably change after this summerís free agency period...
Summer ball will be key, how mature and talented a couple of Whitley's incoming freshmen will help them as they could be the sleeper team next year, a few talented kids returning also with one who should be a top 3 player in region next year. Looking forward watching our freshmen this summer compete. Hopefully a couple of kids that will be seniors next year will return to the hardwood also and if that happens Whitley should definitely be a contender.
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:46 AM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by ArJay View Post
My Bobcats should have a whole mess of good players next year with Partin, S Brock, T Brock, Lambdin, and Collett. And a bunch of good young'uns. But we sure fell apart at the end of the year. We got some guys that can jump, shoot, and play. We just need to get them to do it together. The talent is there.
I agree, get straightened out and Bell County will be a top 5 team next season.
Send a private message to Rainingthrees Add Rainingthrees to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Cheerleader
The 52nd district will be interesting. Harlan County has won district the last few years, but they lose a couple of talented seniors. Iím not sure what the young players coming up are like for them, but Iím sure Michael Jones will have them in contention. Bell County returns a lot, Harlan Independent only loses two players, and Middlesboro only loses two.
Send a private message to JeanClaudeVanGraham Add JeanClaudeVanGraham to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:12 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,691 Times in 2,903 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Rainingthrees View Post
Summer ball will be key, how mature and talented a couple of Whitley's incoming freshmen will help them as they could be the sleeper team next year, a few talented kids returning also with one who should be a top 3 player in region next year. Looking forward watching our freshmen this summer compete. Hopefully a couple of kids that will be seniors next year will return to the hardwood also and if that happens Whitley should definitely be a contender.
Who will be the coach?
Old 03-06-2018, 12:13 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 3,691 Times in 2,903 Posts
pjdoug will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JeanClaudeVanGraham View Post
The 52nd district will be interesting. Harlan County has won district the last few years, but they lose a couple of talented seniors. Iím not sure what the young players coming up are like for them, but Iím sure Michael Jones will have them in contention. Bell County returns a lot, Harlan Independent only loses two players, and Middlesboro only loses two.
Jones is my cousin.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Suspended
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
SwallowedMyWhistle2 is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a ton of movement coming. Lot of chatter of players moving schools.

Players from Knox to Corbin, Jackson Co to North, Clay Co to North, Whitley Co to Corbin, Corbin to Lynn Camp, Corbin to South, South to Corbin, Knox to Lynn Camp!

Let Free Agency begin!

Send a private message to SwallowedMyWhistle2 Add SwallowedMyWhistle2 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Who will be the coach?
I guess wait and see all I know is that some talent is on the way. 6-8 grades had some nice players this year.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:55 PM
Cheerleader
Originally Posted by pjdoug View Post
Jones is my cousin.
Heís a fantastic coach just like his father.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:29 PM
Starter
Liked 217 Times in 171 Posts
HCS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Rainingthrees View Post
Top 3? I can't see that.
Johnson is the only Whitley player listed on the top 20 listed picked by the coaches.
I'd imagine the top 10 will include Ramey, Martin, Adams, Cromer, Pace, Ledford, Imel, Curry...
Send a private message to HCS Add HCS to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 92 Times in 73 Posts
The Outsider is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SwallowedMyWhistle2 View Post
Sounds like a ton of movement coming. Lot of chatter of players moving schools.

Players from Knox to Corbin, Jackson Co to North, Clay Co to North, Whitley Co to Corbin, Corbin to Lynn Camp, Corbin to South, South to Corbin, Knox to Lynn Camp!

Let Free Agency begin!
I'm hearing from my KC connections that there may be a couple from KC to Bville next year. I do know of one middle school kid coming to Corbin from a surrounding school next year unless something drastic changes where he's currently at.
Send a private message to The Outsider Add The Outsider to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Statistician
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
PioneerBlue is on a distinguished road
Some guys who could have breakout seasons in 2018-19

Cole Kelley
Taylor Spurlock
Trey Brock
Sean Phipps
Hunter Hollingsworth
Tyler Partin
Jordan Akal
Drake Thomas
Send a private message to PioneerBlue Add PioneerBlue to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:53 AM
Scout Team
Liked 161 Times in 111 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
While I think south will be a very good team next year, I think losing Anders will be huge for them. Itís hard to replace his defense and ability to handle the ball. When he fouled out in OT, southís offense went stagnant. He was a matchup problem because he was so long you couldnít guard him with a small guard, but he was also quick so you couldnít guard him with a forward.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 09:54 AM
Scout Team
Liked 161 Times in 111 Posts
CoachNM0523 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by HCS View Post
Top 3? I can't see that.
Johnson is the only Whitley player listed on the top 20 listed picked by the coaches.
I'd imagine the top 10 will include Ramey, Martin, Adams, Cromer, Pace, Ledford, Imel, Curry...
Believe heís talking about Hollingsworth. Heís a nice player, donít know if Iíd say top 3. I believe Adams will have a breakout year next season.
Send a private message to CoachNM0523 Add CoachNM0523 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:40 AM
Water Boy
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
three is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen Adam Sizemore mentioned. He returns for North doesn't he? If he does he has to be a top player even though North may not be at the top. IMO
Send a private message to three Add three to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball