Rate This Thread - Pikeville 54 Paintsville 51 (15th Region Semifinals).

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 PM
Outta Space Balla

Liked 1,421 Times in 780 Posts
Panther Thunder will become famous soon enoughPanther Thunder will become famous soon enough
Default Pikeville 54 Paintsville 51 (15th Region Semifinals)
Final from Downtown Pikeville.

Panthers will look to repeat in a repeat of the 2017 15th Region Championship.

The Golden Eagles of Johnson Central will look to return the favor in 2018.
Send a private message to Panther Thunder Add Panther Thunder to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:43 PM
Head Coach
Liked 62 Times in 30 Posts
PHSFAN is on a distinguished road
Pikeville better bring their A game tomorrow night.

Their FT shooting was brutal in the 4th quarter. It almost cost the Panthers tonight, hopefully they can hit the free throws in crunch time going forward.

Congrats to Paintsville a good season, tonight was a good game that could've gone either way with a few minutes remaining.
Send a private message to PHSFAN Add PHSFAN to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:57 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
SportsFan67 is on a distinguished road
The big thing Iím concerned with tomorrow night is the panthers legs. They only play 6 people mainly and needed all they could get out of them tonight. JC goes about 9 deep and got to rest the 4th quarter. I think this will be something to keep an eye on tomorrow but I hope the panthers got enough left in the tank to repeat.
Send a private message to SportsFan67 Add SportsFan67 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 01:14 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 905 Times in 639 Posts
OffTheHook has a spectacular aura aboutOffTheHook has a spectacular aura about
Was a great back and forth game to watch tonight. Tigers fell behind by 12 at one point and battled back. Lost a key player in the 2nd due to injury. But played their hearts out. Actually both teams did. I also noticed the Panthers were winded in the 4th, SF67.
I will say this though. These are the worst officials I have ever seen. NOT blaming the loss on them. We had numerous chances to tie or even take the lead late. Only gonna point out one factoid about how bad the officials were...lol.

4th quarter....Tigers foul Battaile. The official calls the foul on #12 for Paintsville. Problem was...#12 was the player that went down to injury in the second and was on the bench with his shoe off and ice on his leg....lol. No biggie right. Well he didn't or wouldn't change it. Don't ask me why. He must have called the foul on Byers for fouling his on teammate....lol.

Any who. We will be back.

Congrats Panthers. Good Luck tomorrow.

ďRelax, all right? Donít try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, theyíre fascist. Throw some ground balls Ė itís more democratic.Ē

Crash Davis
Send a private message to OffTheHook Add OffTheHook to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:02 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
SportsFan67 is on a distinguished road
Off the hook I know the exact play your talking about. And that was bad. But at that point it was late and I donít think Williams would have been in danger of fouling out but that just goes to show how bad they are. Itís like they are trying to steal the show away from the players. It has been a terrible officiated tournament thatís for sure.
Send a private message to SportsFan67 Add SportsFan67 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Head Coach

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,467 Times in 887 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SportsFan67 View Post
Off the hook I know the exact play your talking about. And that was bad. But at that point it was late and I donít think Williams would have been in danger of fouling out but that just goes to show how bad they are. Itís like they are trying to steal the show away from the players. It has been a terrible officiated tournament thatís for sure.
I actually thought, of all the games I’ve seen so far this tournament (boys and girls), they were the most balanced group of refs. Now, NOT saying they were good, but better than others I’ve seen. Even the Pikeville fans were wondering who the foul was really on, we knew 12 was out. Hopefully not a serious injury, prayers for the young man.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:59 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
4everUK is on a distinguished road
I wonder how the crow tasted for Landon after this game...Referring to his pregame interview! Lol
Send a private message to 4everUK Add 4everUK to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 12:18 PM
Head Coach

Location: Setting sail with Capt. Morgan and never leaving dry land
Liked 1,467 Times in 887 Posts
PHSForever is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4everUK View Post
I wonder how the crow tasted for Landon after this game...Referring to his pregame interview! Lol
What did he say in his pregame interview? First I’ve heard of it.
Send a private message to PHSForever Add PHSForever to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Boys Basketball