Rate This Thread - Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
UKRULES is on a distinguished road
Default Paintsville 79 Shelby Valley 70 -- 2 OT
FINAL in front of record 15th region crowd of 5,340

Last edited by BlackcatAlum; 03-12-2008 at 06:05 AM.
Send a private message to UKRULES Add UKRULES to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:48 PM
State Champion

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
RavenBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
I was almost right, about either team would win by 10.
Send a private message to RavenBoy Add RavenBoy to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Essential Element
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
By far the best high school game in this area that I have every watched. I'm so happy for BMR and I hope to god his team comes prepared tomorrow and can send him out on a high note.

Great game by Valley
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Head Coach
Liked 12 Times in 4 Posts
IRISH4 will become famous soon enough
Heck of a game by both teams. Hats off to the players for putting on a great performance, but one thing that irks me is the refs. They were terrible not on one side, but for both....However, Congrats to SV on a great season and to the Tigers for the victory. Good luck tomorrow and put BMR into retirement on a high note.
Send a private message to IRISH4 Add IRISH4 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 06:58 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 401 Times in 306 Posts
MVP2 will become famous soon enoughMVP2 will become famous soon enough
Wow, Nice effort for Valley on making the comeback but Congrats Paintsville!!!
Send a private message to MVP2 Add MVP2 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 06:59 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OMG is on a distinguished road
Great Great game by both teams. Both teams in my opinion were very deserving of winning this game. I am a Tiger fan, but Valley gave everything they had and made an unbelievable comeback. Congrats Valley on a great season and the Wildcats played a great game tonight. They are as good as everybody said, however, Paintsville came out from the first tip off, and really made some big plays late to put this one away. Congrats to both teams
Send a private message to OMG Add OMG to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
.houshmandzadeh. is on a distinguished road
Congrats Paintsville.... Don't look over JC they will be pumped and ready to play..
Send a private message to .houshmandzadeh. Add .houshmandzadeh. to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
roundball gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 15thRegionSlamaBamma View Post
By far the best high school game in this area that I have every watched. I'm so happy for BMR and I hope to god his team comes prepared tomorrow and can send him out on a high note.

Great game by Valley
Mmm...how can you sport the blue and white of BMR and the Tigers while wearing the black and gold for the Lady Eagles in Bowling Green? Last time I checked, those colors don't mix in Johnson County.

Congrats to the Tigers and Wildcats--great game!
Send a private message to roundball gal Add roundball gal to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roundball gal View Post
Mmm...how can you sport the blue and white of BMR and the Tigers while wearing the black and gold for the Lady Eagles in Bowling Green? Last time I checked, those colors don't mix in Johnson County.
I can back him on that. Johnson County is Johnson County. You support your county no matter who goes. They are still representing your town. No matter what school you go to, your still the same community.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:06 PM
2nd String
Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts
BlueSky is on a distinguished road
Tough game to play, tough game to coach, and a tough game to ref. Players and coaches did well...... congrats to P'ville
Send a private message to BlueSky Add BlueSky to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueSky View Post
Tough game to play, tough game to coach, and a tough game to ref. Players and coaches did well...... congrats to P'ville
tough game to listen to as well!!! I had three strokes I think.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
blackcat_mc is on a distinguished road
Best, game, ever.
Send a private message to blackcat_mc Add blackcat_mc to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
roundball gal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by OMG View Post
I can back him on that. Johnson County is Johnson County. You support your county no matter who goes. They are still representing your town. No matter what school you go to, your still the same community.
I'll remember that tomorrow night during the championship game.
Send a private message to roundball gal Add roundball gal to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
sportsfan06 is on a distinguished road
Congrats to Paintsville and Good luck tomorrow night!!!!
Send a private message to sportsfan06 Add sportsfan06 to Your Contacts Top of page
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
rainout is on a distinguished road
I'd like to commend several seniors on both sides of this battle!! **** of a job getting on the floor, taking charges, laying it all on the line!!! Is it fair to say this was the funnest ugly game if ever watched? GREAT EFFORT BOTH TEAMS
Send a private message to rainout Add rainout to Your Contacts Top of page
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackcat_mc View Post
Best, game, ever.
This will definetly be one of, if not the best game ever in the 15th region. Both teams wanted it so bad. I still think if SV would have pushed it a little more at the end and went at those players from Paintsville with foul trouble it could have ended differently, but i'm glad they didn't. Haha
Essential Element
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough

Well for one I'm from Pike County. I have always rooted for Paintsville when they play anyone besides Pike Central. Who ever makes it out of the 15th I always support them even if it is Pikeville at state. I'm just happy now that we got to see this game and to see the outcome.
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
villefan is on a distinguished road
Congrats Tigers. Guess we know now who the best team in the mountains is.

Last edited by villefan; 03-11-2008 at 07:15 PM. Reason: typo
Send a private message to villefan Add villefan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:14 PM
Berea

Liked 609 Times in 478 Posts
TheRealVille is on a distinguished road

They do with me. I was rooting for JC in their game.
Send a private message to TheRealVille Add TheRealVille to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll remember that tomorrow night during the championship game.
That's good I really hope you do. Paintsville is the favorite tomorrow, but regardless you should support whoever wins and goes on to Rupp. If you don't that's fine too, but I would hope you would realize that it is a testament to your whole town and not just one team. Johnson County has two great programs and I think the entire community should get behind them and support both when they make it this far. Of course, your going to have your choice, but regardless support the one that wins.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
basketballfan000 is on a distinguished road
I have posted this several time and will again. Are we not all from the mountians so why in the world world would you want a mountain to do bad. If you do, you are not a supporter of the sport you are a school fan.
Send a private message to basketballfan000 Add basketballfan000 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:16 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
basketballfan000 is on a distinguished road
That's good I really hope you do. Paintsville is the favorite tomorrow, but regardless you should support whoever wins and goes on to Rupp. If you don't that's fine too, but I would hope you would realize that it is a testament to your whole town and not just one team. Johnson County has two great programs and I think the entire community should get behind them and support both when they make it this far. Of course, your going to have your choice, but regardless support the one that wins.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to basketballfan000 Add basketballfan000 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by villefan View Post
Congrats Tigers. Guess we know now who the best team in the mountains is.
HAHA! I was waiting to see who went there first. I commend you for having the guts to go there after that hard of a fought game. And for the record I do agree with you it does proves Paintsville was the better team this year.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 2,064 Times in 1,217 Posts
jetpilot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by RavenBoy View Post
I was almost right, about either team would win by 10.
Or put another way, you thought it wouldn't be close, but it was tied after regulation and went into two overtimes.
Send a private message to jetpilot Add jetpilot to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Essential Element
This post really brings something to my mind, I am sure that when Paintsville made the sate finals that the whole community in that area was backing them. Last year when Pike Central made a run in the girls state tourny every one in this area backed them. It is all to show respect for the kids and what they do. Respect is earned and IMO BMR has earned it from 90% of EKY.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This post really brings something to my mind, I am sure that when Paintsville made the sate finals that the whole community in that area was backing them. Last year when Pike Central made a run in the girls state tourny every one in this area backed them. It is all to show respect for the kids and what they do. Respect is earned and IMO BMR has earned it from 90% of EKY.
I agree! I can't stand it when people are against teams from their own area. Everyone, even from up your way should get behind the 15th region champ and go support them at RUPP. They more than deserved it. You are also right on BMR. All the doubters out there that said he was overrated as a coach, even me at one point, should understand how motivated he can get a team. And i think it showed tonight when they came out on fire.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Essential Element
I agree! I can't stand it when people are against teams from their own area. Everyone, even from up your way should get behind the 15th region champ and go support them at RUPP. They more than deserved it. You are also right on BMR. All the doubters out there that said he was overrated as a coach, even me at one point, should understand how motivated he can get a team. And i think it showed tonight when they came out on fire.
Couldn't agree more OMG, I have honestly never doubted the man or said he was overrated. He IMO to the state is very underrated, my father and I was talking and we said BMR would out coach Booher. It was the young gun against the man who has been around the world and back a few times and well the older and wiser won this one. Just as did Wireman did last night with the girls.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Cheerleader
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mr.3000 is on a distinguished road
Greatest game ive ever seen congrats Tigers get it done tomorow.
Send a private message to Mr.3000 Add Mr.3000 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Scout Team
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
LIPS is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats BMR a on a good win and congrats grimm on one heck of a game....great year Valley....you will be right back here contending for a region title next year....
Send a private message to LIPS Add LIPS to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Couldn't agree more OMG, I have honestly never doubted the man or said he was overrated. He IMO to the state is very underrated, my father and I was talking and we said BMR would out coach Booher. It was the young gun against the man who has been around the world and back a few times and well the older and wiser won this one. Just as did Wireman did last night with the girls.
I agree he's an icon in this area and will be for years to come. I would say before it's all said and done they will name everything after him, and you never know they may even change the name of the school.....

Bill Mike Runyon Independent

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Classic BlueGrassRivals