Rate This Thread - Paintball.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Jshort5 will become famous soon enough
Default Paintball
Well, today I played paintball for the first time and I must say it is so fun, man it sure keeps you on your toes, LoL! I got shot in the top of the head once,, and in the chest once, but it was out of three rounds so I didn't do to awfully bad. But who else here on BGR plays? What kind of equipment so you use?
Send a private message to Jshort5 Add Jshort5 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:57 AM
Staff

Liked 119 Times in 78 Posts
Amun-Ra has a spectacular aura aboutAmun-Ra has a spectacular aura about
Buddy here at BGR we have a whole crew that plays. Glad to see you have picked it up. We haven't played any since it has warmed up due to snakes.

I use a Tippmann X7 with an Apex barrell. Most of the other guys use Tippmann A5's or 98's.
Send a private message to Amun-Ra Add Amun-Ra to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Johnny Ringo will become famous soon enoughJohnny Ringo will become famous soon enough
I've got a Tippmann A5 with flatline, where did you play at?
Send a private message to Johnny Ringo Add Johnny Ringo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Johnny Ringo View Post
I've got a Tippmann A5 with flatline, where did you play at?
I played at a junkyard in Whitesburg, LoL. I haven't bought a gun yet though and I currently looking at buying one from eBay. A Spyder MR1 looks kinda good but I have no clue at all what some of the details mean. Do you have any suggestions?
Send a private message to Jshort5 Add Jshort5 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Amun-Ra View Post
Buddy here at BGR we have a whole crew that plays. Glad to see you have picked it up. We haven't played any since it has warmed up due to snakes.

I use a Tippmann X7 with an Apex barrell. Most of the other guys use Tippmann A5's or 98's.
I just looked at the X7 on eBay, its a little out of my price range.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Johnny Ringo will become famous soon enoughJohnny Ringo will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jshort5 View Post
I played at a junkyard in Whitesburg, LoL. I haven't bought a gun yet though and I currently looking at buying one from eBay. A Spyder MR1 looks kinda good but I have no clue at all what some of the details mean. Do you have any suggestions?
I bought mine off eBay, a couple of the guys that we play with have the Spyder MR1's, they're good guns. You're right the X-7 is pricey, but for a custmizeable gun the Tippmann A5's or 98's are guns that you can start out at a reasonable price & build on them. There's a lot of modifications you can do to those 2 models. JMO.
Send a private message to Johnny Ringo Add Johnny Ringo to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I bought mine off eBay, a couple of the guys that we play with have the Spyder MR1's, they're good guns. You're right the X-7 is pricey, but for a custmizeable gun the Tippmann A5's or 98's are guns that you can start out at a reasonable price & build on them. There's a lot of modifications you can do to those 2 models. JMO.
Yea I like that you can get a red dot sight with the A5, I really am gonna have to flip a coin to decide which one I want to get.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yea I like that you can get a red dot sight with the A5, I really am gonna have to flip a coin to decide which one I want to get.
Yeah I know, me & Amun-ra have the red dot sights on ours, on eBay search for HUSTLE PAINTBALL, they seemed to have the best prices when I got mine a couple of months ago.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Do you guys know any fields that are certified that you can play at around here?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:39 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 35 Times in 29 Posts
Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
Johnny Ringo and Amun-Ra get shot over here in Floyd County near the Knott/Floyd line.
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Staff

Do you guys know any fields that are certified that you can play at around here?
We make our own fields, mostly. The junkyard, if it is big, sounds like a great place to have a game. As for certified fields I dont know of any around here.
You should start playing with us when Fall comes back.
As for guns, the Spyders are ok but to really compete you need at least and Tippmann 98 with a flatline barrell system. If the X7 is out of your price range, which I was lucky and got a steal on mine, I would def go with the A-5. Then all you need is a stock and a flatline barrell and you would be set. Paintball is not cheap to get started but it is def worth it.
Send a private message to Amun-Ra Add Amun-Ra to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Staff

Here is my gun. Well without my Apex. The barrell in these photos is an 18" C-Series from specialopspaintball.com Actually after looking at these, my gun has several different things on it.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raider_Nation09 is on a distinguished road
Here is my gun. Well without my Apex. The barrell in these photos is an 18" C-Series from specialopspaintball.com Actually after looking at these, my gun has several different things on it.

wow wut a gun!!!
Send a private message to Raider_Nation09 Add Raider_Nation09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Scout Team
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
JackFrost is on a distinguished road
Wyatt Earp, if you think you and your crew are man enough, once me and my gang gets our guns shipped in, we need to battle...... but i mean if your scared amd decline, that would be ok lol
Send a private message to JackFrost Add JackFrost to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Wyatt Earp, if you think you and your crew are man enough, once me and my gang gets our guns shipped in, we need to battle...... but i mean if your scared amd decline, that would be ok lol
good post JF and i agree we do need to play Wyatt.
Send a private message to Raider_Nation09 Add Raider_Nation09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 12:07 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Well, today I played paintball for the first time and I must say it is so fun, man it sure keeps you on your toes, LoL! I got shot in the top of the head once,, and in the chest once, but it was out of three rounds so I didn't do to awfully bad. But who else here on BGR plays? What kind of equipment so you use?
Same thing happened to me...I have only gotten shot in the chest probably like 10 times. I always get shot on top of my head.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 AM
BGR Staff

Wyatt Earp will become famous soon enoughWyatt Earp will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by JackFrost View Post
Easy talk to get here and say you want to play against the the fellas and then having the nerve to do it brings about a big problem for you and the Little Rascals. We are easy to find and not in the yellow pages where Johnny Ringo and Amun-Ra are poster boys.
Send a private message to Wyatt Earp Add Wyatt Earp to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 08:43 AM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation09 View Post
good post JF and i agree we do need to play Wyatt.
It sounds like you boys have the talking part down, when those guns come in just let us know & it's on. We'll see if you all can back it up. I'm in on this battle. Me & Amun-Ra aren't hard to find like Wyatt may think, we're like lightening, a hundred miles away son...& ready to strike! WOOOOOOO..... How many of you little rascals are there?

Last edited by Johnny Ringo; 07-22-2008 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Staff

We need to get us a game going. I wonder what places we could play at?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We need to get us a game going. I wonder what places we could play at?
You know of any junkyards around like J5 mentioned?
Old 07-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It sounds like you boys have the talking part down, when those guns come in just let us know & it's on. We'll see if you all can back it up. I'm in on this battle. Me & Amun-Ra aren't hard to find like Wyatt may think, we're like lightening, a hundred miles away son...& ready to strike! WOOOOOOO..... How many of you little rascals are there?
o when we get them in we will let u all know Not sure on how many just yet i know of me n Jack Frost and possible 2 more....but be ready for us how many of you are there Wyatt Amun-Ra and Johnny Ringo
Old 07-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation09 View Post
o when we get them in we will let u all know Not sure on how many just yet i know of me n Jack Frost and possible 2 more....but be ready for us how many of you are there Wyatt Amun-Ra and Johnny Ringo
There's quite a few scoundrels around that play, the Judge, Cordell Walker, Doc Holliday, Sniper, Jesse James & 5 or 6 more.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:56 AM
Staff

No I dont know of any junk yards. I always get game notifications though in Tenn, through spec.ops.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Scout Team
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
JackFrost is on a distinguished road
in about 2 weeks wyatt my gun should be in due to recent power outages holding me back from getting it orderd, so be thinking of a spot to play and we'll meet u ther
Send a private message to JackFrost Add JackFrost to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i bought my gun today....and when every 1 gets there gun we'll be set i got a Piranna SRT with either a sniper barrel or a Apex barrel that puts spin on it to make it curve up down or to either side....Wyatt has been shot with this gun before when he was in a lil culbert
Old 07-26-2008, 06:13 PM
BGR Staff

I know you can't hit a curve Raider Nation and I expect you won't be able to hit anyone with a paintball curve either.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:55 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
I know you can't hit a curve Raider Nation and I expect you won't be able to hit anyone with a paintball curve either.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Starter
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wyatt Earp View Post
o yes i can hit a curve and i will make sure to hit you with the curve...so dont be in a culbert or behind a tree or your mine
Old 09-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Starter

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey Amun-Ra, I hear the Judge is getting paintball fever. I also heard that if Wyatt & the Judge had guns like ours they would never be beat. Just another excuse for losing if you ask me, but it's on now I can't wait to light'em up.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:48 AM
Staff

I too Mr. Ringo am getting the fever. I wonder if they would want to play this month... Say on the 20th? That is the only weekend I will be in town.

How about you other guys on this site. Would you want to play with us?

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » More Sports » Paintball