Rate This Thread - Select Team.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Essential Element
Liked 38 Times in 31 Posts
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
Default Select Team
Soccer is one of the largest growing sports in the United States, and as a leader of this movement in Eastern Kentucky I want to take it a step furthur by starting a "select team".

Perks: Exposure to college level of play and traning. Kids will get to play against college teams like Union, Pikeville and University of the Cumberland (UC who is one of the top teams in the nation). Along with this is will be ran just like a college team, practice will run at least 3 times a week. Games to be played on weekends. Only exceptions for missing either will be sickness, death in family, and/or religous worships.

Downfall: It is going to take alot of money to do this. However, if we as an area wont soccer to grow me must begin taking steps in this direction to furthur the growth.

So here is what I am looking for.

1. Kids who have a passion to learn the game of soccer and would like to play it at the next level. If so contact me on here.

2. Sponsors for jerseys, balls and training gear. Who ever sponsors the team will have there logo on the team jerseys just like the pros.

3. Any coach who is willing to take on my training schedules and would like to get involved with this growth.

The team will be a selection based on the coaching staff and I. If this team comes about I plan to have a U 19 and U 16 team there WILL be try outs if we have enough kids to have a try out. I AM HERE TO START A SOCCER REVOLUTION SO PLEASE JUMP ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Scout Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lisa Douglas is on a distinguished road
Where would be home base?
Send a private message to Lisa Douglas Add Lisa Douglas to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Essential Element
15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough15thRegionSlamaBamma will become famous soon enough
either Pikeville or P-Burg
Send a private message to 15thRegionSlamaBamma Add 15thRegionSlamaBamma to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Scout Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lisa Douglas is on a distinguished road
P-burg sounds good...........
Send a private message to Lisa Douglas Add Lisa Douglas to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Essential Element
Originally Posted by Lisa Douglas View Post
P-burg sounds good...........
i just need to talk to Tom and a few people over the P-Burg rec league to see if I can get it approved
Old 10-31-2008, 09:48 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dore1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dore1
Default ???
aye man if u can get it approved i would join and i know some other kids that would play...
Send a private message to dore1 Add dore1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hazard_tailgater2010 is on a distinguished road
i would join too, id love to play some college teams
Send a private message to hazard_tailgater2010 Add hazard_tailgater2010 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 05:22 PM
Essential Element
Sorry guys just noticed where you all had responded lol...It is still in the works Neto from Cumberlands has agreed to a game if we can get all the financial spects worked out.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Caleb Petry is on a distinguished road
im up for it man.
Send a private message to Caleb Petry Add Caleb Petry to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Essential Element
Originally Posted by Caleb Petry View Post
im up for it man.
i knew you would be lol
Old 12-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
15th would it be to much to ask who you are cause you seem to kno alot about me.
Send a private message to Caleb Petry Add Caleb Petry to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 06:29 PM
Essential Element
check your PMs
Old 12-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hows it coming along
Old 02-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Statistician
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EKY_Soccer_Fanatic is on a distinguished road
How is this coming along?
Is Peggy going to let it happen?

Also---- How will they choose these players? and Is there just one Coed team?
Send a private message to EKY_Soccer_Fanatic Add EKY_Soccer_Fanatic to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
brettjenks24 is on a distinguished road
Default Select Soccer
I have a select team from Louisa, we will move up to U12 this fall. From our experience select soccer is the only way to go. We play in a league out of Lexington/Louisville. You can visit their website at www.KSSL.org. I would love to see some more teams from this area get started. Contact us if you get a team together, and want to play some games.
Send a private message to brettjenks24 Add brettjenks24 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ike01071990 is on a distinguished road
Default Soccer players found
Hello i am a collegiate soccer athlete and I have 2 youger brothers who would be completly interested in this both play highschool soccer. how far are you along with this idea? i know a person who would be in interested in helping coach
Send a private message to ike01071990 Add ike01071990 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RowanGK is on a distinguished road
I would be interested im kinda new to this so would u send me some more information on it so i will know whats up. thankyou
Send a private message to RowanGK Add RowanGK to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Soccer