Rate This Thread - Appalachian Wireless Black Friday Sale.


Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-24-2008, 10:40 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default Appalachian Wireless Black Friday Sale
Hey guys, just figured I would tell you that on Black Friday here at Appalachian Wireless, we are going to be having a huge sale. With a new 2 year contract, you can get any phone in our lineup for only one penny. This is good between the hours of 6am and 9am. This penny sale includes all Blackberry models and PDA's. The only thing with the Blackberry models and all other PDA phones are that you have to sign up for our Unlimited Data package and keep it for the duration of your contract (24 months). Prices of these vary between phone models. If you're contract isn't already up, then you are not eligible for this sale. Be sure to stop by your local Appalachian Wireless store or authorized dealer to participate in this once in a lifetime sale.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

  #2  
Old 11-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Raider_Nation09's Avatar
Raider_Nation09 Raider_Nation09 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: McDowell Ky.
Posts: 1,145
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raider_Nation09 is on a distinguished road
Default
what if your contract is up in January
Send a private message to Raider_Nation09 Add Raider_Nation09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Midee1's Avatar
Midee1 Midee1 is offline
Administrator



Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Flatwoods, Ky
Posts: 7,168
Likes: 3
Liked 68 Times in 44 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Default
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
Hey guys, just figured I would tell you that on Black Friday here at Appalachian Wireless, we are going to be having a huge sale. With a new 2 year contract, you can get any phone in our lineup for only one penny. This is good between the hours of 6am and 9am. This penny sale includes all Blackberry models and PDA's. The only thing with the Blackberry models and all other PDA phones are that you have to sign up for our Unlimited Data package and keep it for the duration of your contract (24 months). Prices of these vary between phone models. If you're contract isn't already up, then you are not eligible for this sale. Be sure to stop by your local Appalachian Wireless store or authorized dealer to participate in this once in a lifetime sale.
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation09 View Post
what if your contract is up in January
I think the bold part of the quote answers your question.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Dream_Weaver Dream_Weaver is offline
Scout Team
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 537
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Dream_Weaver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
Darn it.....i just bought a new phone on Sat......
Send a private message to Dream_Weaver Add Dream_Weaver to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-24-2008, 04:59 PM
mrfootball03's Avatar
mrfootball03 mrfootball03 is offline
Asst. Coach
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,840
Likes: 0
Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
mrfootball03 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by Midee1 View Post
I think the bold part of the quote answers your question.
Actually no, it doesn't. Appalachain Wireless allows you to opt out of your contract usually if you without the last 6 months of your 24 month agreement.
Send a private message to mrfootball03 Add mrfootball03 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:45 PM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by mrfootball03 View Post
Actually no, it doesn't. Appalachain Wireless allows you to opt out of your contract usually if you without the last 6 months of your 24 month agreement.
Yes, usually we do, but, where we have such an aggressive sale going on, and the money we are losing during this sale, it has been stressed that everyone must be out of their contract in order to receive the special.

Raider, best thing to do would be to go into an office and see what can be done. Are you having troubles out of the phone you currently have?
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2008, 05:47 PM
If...Then If...Then is offline
Suspended
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Pikeville
Posts: 2,540
Likes: 0
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
If...Then is on a distinguished road
Default
Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Why do they say "You always get more, with Appalachian Wireless" when unlimited texting is $20 a month and AT&T is only $10?
Send a private message to If...Then Add If...Then to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-24-2008, 07:49 PM
EKY Sportster's Avatar
EKY Sportster EKY Sportster is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,363
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EKY Sportster is on a distinguished road
Default
Can't beat an iPhone guys!
Send a private message to EKY Sportster Add EKY Sportster to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Raider_Nation09's Avatar
Raider_Nation09 Raider_Nation09 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: McDowell Ky.
Posts: 1,145
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raider_Nation09 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
Yes, usually we do, but, where we have such an aggressive sale going on, and the money we are losing during this sale, it has been stressed that everyone must be out of their contract in order to receive the special.

Raider, best thing to do would be to go into an office and see what can be done. Are you having troubles out of the phone you currently have?
my phone is retarded....it wont let me edit my contacts and when someone calls when even if their in my phone book it dont show the name it shows the # and it dont play the ringtones i have set for people it plays my overall ringtone
Send a private message to Raider_Nation09 Add Raider_Nation09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Raider_Nation09's Avatar
Raider_Nation09 Raider_Nation09 is offline
Starter
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: McDowell Ky.
Posts: 1,145
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Raider_Nation09 is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by EKY Sportster View Post
Can't beat an iPhone guys!
i would love to have a iphone...one of my friends has one the only bad thing is she dont get service at school or anywhere close to school cause where its AT&T
Send a private message to Raider_Nation09 Add Raider_Nation09 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-25-2008, 04:38 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Raider_Nation09 View Post
my phone is retarded....it wont let me edit my contacts and when someone calls when even if their in my phone book it dont show the name it shows the # and it dont play the ringtones i have set for people it plays my overall ringtone
Take the phone into them on Black Friday and explain that to them. They might be able to do something.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-25-2008, 04:40 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by If...Then View Post
Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Why do they say "You always get more, with Appalachian Wireless" when unlimited texting is $20 a month and AT&T is only $10?
Because AT&T owns all of their towers nationwide, where we have to pay other companies to use their towers outside of this area. If our text messaging was just based in eastern KY then we would be able to give it to you cheaper. Thanks to the price Verizon has set for us to use their towers, we have to charge a little bit more. But, if you notice, you can only text to other AT&T customers if you have AT&T. With Appalachian Wireless, your 19.99 per month allows you to text to any other wireless provider.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:28 AM
Basketballer's Avatar
Basketballer Basketballer is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,963
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Basketballer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Basketballer Send a message via MSN to Basketballer Send a message via Yahoo to Basketballer
Default
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
Because AT&T owns all of their towers nationwide, where we have to pay other companies to use their towers outside of this area. If our text messaging was just based in eastern KY then we would be able to give it to you cheaper. Thanks to the price Verizon has set for us to use their towers, we have to charge a little bit more. But, if you notice, you can only text to other AT&T customers if you have AT&T. With Appalachian Wireless, your 19.99 per month allows you to text to any other wireless provider.
You can Text anyone with At&t thats what im using but thinking about switching
Send a private message to Basketballer Add Basketballer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:35 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Basketballer View Post
You can Text anyone with At&t thats what im using but thinking about switching
Thanks for the update. Maybe I was thinking about Verizon Wireless instead of AT&T.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-25-2008, 06:42 AM
slingblade93's Avatar
slingblade93 slingblade93 is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 422
Likes: 0
Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
slingblade93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default
How much does the unlimited data package cost?
Send a private message to slingblade93 Add slingblade93 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:44 AM
thetribe's Avatar
thetribe thetribe is offline
The Bee's Knees

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,234
Likes: 7
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
thetribe will become famous soon enoughthetribe will become famous soon enough
Default
Does AW's texting work in the United States alone or will Canada, Mexico, etc. work as well?
__________________


Send a private message to thetribe Add thetribe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by slingblade93 View Post
How much does the unlimited data package cost?
$49.99/month for Blackberry's and $79.99 for any other PDA.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Basketballer's Avatar
Basketballer Basketballer is offline
Head Coach
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,963
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Basketballer will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Basketballer Send a message via MSN to Basketballer Send a message via Yahoo to Basketballer
Default
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
$49.99/month for Blackberry's and $79.99 for any other PDA.
geeez, no wonder the phone is only a penny...lol
Send a private message to Basketballer Add Basketballer to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM
thetribe's Avatar
thetribe thetribe is offline
The Bee's Knees

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,234
Likes: 7
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
thetribe will become famous soon enoughthetribe will become famous soon enough
Default
$29.99 I BELIEVE for 500 minutes
$19.99 for unlimited texting
$49.99 for unlimited data

$100/month for a cellphone is quiet expensive. Also, I believe the unlimited EVERYTHING plans on other carriers are around that much BUUUT Appalachian is definitely the best signal around here, have to give them that.

No sense is having a phone through another carrier and paying WHATEVER it is a month, cheaper or not, if you can't use it.
__________________


Send a private message to thetribe Add thetribe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-26-2008, 04:42 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by Basketballer View Post
geeez, no wonder the phone is only a penny...lol
You have to realize that we pay over $500.00 for each Blackberry. There is no way possible to be able to make up $500.00 without asking for an unlimited plan. But what you don't see here is we don't charge anything extra to use a PDA as a tethered modem. All your national carriers will charge you around $79.99/month if you want to use your phone as a modem, including BB's. So if you look, paying us $49.99/month gives you access to anything. You can pay $29.99 per month at AT&T for Blackberry service, but you have to pay $79.99 per month if you want to use your phone as a modem. That is one benefit by using our service.

And, like Tribe said, what good is a phone if you can never use it? You can pay $50.00 a month all you want to, but you might as well be flushing 50 bucks down the toilet. Unless you live in Lexington, there is no need in having AT&T. Ever wonder why AT&T offers rollover? Maybe because they don't have service and it's the least they could do is rollover the minutes you can't use.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-26-2008, 04:45 AM
BCF4L's Avatar
BCF4L BCF4L is offline
Holla Atcha Boi

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Prestonsburg, KY
Posts: 10,174
Likes: 15
Liked 129 Times in 85 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Default
Originally Posted by thetribe View Post
Does AW's texting work in the United States alone or will Canada, Mexico, etc. work as well?
I checked on this and yes text messaging will work whereever Verizon has service, which includes places in Mexico and Canada.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-26-2008, 05:05 AM
Midee1's Avatar
Midee1 Midee1 is offline
Administrator



Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Flatwoods, Ky
Posts: 7,168
Likes: 3
Liked 68 Times in 44 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Default
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
.

And, like Tribe said, what good is a phone if you can never use it? You can pay $50.00 a month all you want to, but you might as well be flushing 50 bucks down the toilet. Unless you live in Lexington, there is no need in having AT&T. Ever wonder why AT&T offers rollover? Maybe because they don't have service and it's the least they could do is rollover the minutes you can't use.
Or the Huntington, Ashland, Ironton area. I have 7 lines with AT&T and I don't have any service problems in my areas.

5 lines on 1 family plan with unlimited text messaging and 1400 minutes per month to share. 2 of those have unlimited Iphone data plans then the other 2 are on a 550 minute shared plan. All for a mere 280.00 per month.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-26-2008, 02:19 PM
THE REF 37's Avatar
THE REF 37 THE REF 37 is offline
Equipment Manager
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 67
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
THE REF 37 is on a distinguished road
Default
I am gonna get the spyder phone, it looks pretty cool
Send a private message to THE REF 37 Add THE REF 37 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
alleycat53's Avatar
alleycat53 alleycat53 is offline
Cheerleader
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Caney Creek
Posts: 476
Likes: 54
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
alleycat53 is on a distinguished road
Default
Does AW offer a 15% discount off your monthly bill like AT&T does for state employees ?
Send a private message to alleycat53 Add alleycat53 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-30-2008, 07:34 PM
baseballfan's Avatar
baseballfan baseballfan is offline
Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,088
Likes: 36
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
baseballfan is on a distinguished road
Default
Originally Posted by If...Then View Post
Ive been wanting to get a Spyder.

Why do they say "You always get more, with Appalachian Wireless" when unlimited texting is $20 a month and AT&T is only $10?
Last time I checked with AT&T unlimited txt was also 20 dollars a month and thats why i moved over to AW because they had almost the same prices as at&t but AW had better signal around here
Send a private message to baseballfan Add baseballfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Reply

  BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » General Discussions

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -9. The time now is 08:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.