Rate This Thread - Letcher Co. Central 2009.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZoneRead is on a distinguished road
Default Letcher Co. Central 2009
How good can they be next season and why?
Send a private message to ZoneRead Add ZoneRead to Your Contacts Top of page

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 01-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cheeseforme is on a distinguished road
Default Letcher Central 09
I think if LCC can fill in a few holes they have a chance to be very competitive. They return most of their playmakers on offence except for the huge hole left by Charlie Banks. Dustin Brown, Greg Collins, and Travis Stevens will make for a dangerous backfield and Chase Adams, Mckenzie Smith, and Nathan Maggard will be the core of a solid receiving core. Sophomore signal caller, Logan Johnson will bring a different look to the O as they become more pass oriented. Replacing Chase Knight and Joey Kincer are big question marks up front. Hopefully they can call on Dakota Cornett, Ryan Brock, and Sid Fields to move to the O line to help shore that up. Also Soph Mike Blair has the ability to step in and play. The D should be solid if Josh Mcbee and Korey Stewart can get a little stronger in the weightroom and Sophomores Caleb Baker and Drew Bentley can improve their coverage skills.
The schedule looks to be a little more daunting this year though with the addition of Belfry, Hazard, and possibly Middlesboro added to the Non-District schedule
Send a private message to cheeseforme Add cheeseforme to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-04-2009, 05:04 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
d10n is on a distinguished road
They can be good if they put forth a effort in weight room ,and study the game films. Good luck guys this year hopefully my friday nights will be some where on saturdays.
Send a private message to d10n Add d10n to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-04-2009, 05:20 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 56 Times in 39 Posts
Playboy5 is on a distinguished roadPlayboy5 is on a distinguished roadPlayboy5 is on a distinguished road
Charlie Banks will surely be missed for sure along with a couple of others, but Charlie is leaving the position in good hands with Logan Johnson taking over next season along with VERY GOOD YOUNG TALENT all over the field on offense and defense! Give this team 2 years..MARK IT DOWN!!
Send a private message to Playboy5 Add Playboy5 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 88 Times in 54 Posts
Brooks4Prez is on a distinguished road
I just hope that the guys on the Offensive Line next year can improve enough to follow up two very good years for the Cougars in the trenches.
Send a private message to Brooks4Prez Add Brooks4Prez to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
I am a 5 star prospect.

Liked 350 Times in 268 Posts
cougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura about
I have to agree with you. If they work hard in the off season, weight room everyday, and keep the ladies from telling them what to do<---just kidding, then they should be good. All the coaches work hard with these guys. They haven't peeked yet, but when they do look out. I know that Logan is playing basketball, but after that he really needs to work at his accuracy and arm speed. They O-Line will have to get stronger, and they need to find a center who can replace what Joey did last year. Special Teams will have to be work on again. Lucas kid need to really work on field goals.
Send a private message to cougarpride08 Add cougarpride08 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
allgame is on a distinguished road
Letcher County Central just don't impress me like I thought they would.
Send a private message to allgame Add allgame to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
XxCougars62xX is on a distinguished road
I believe that LCC will work hard in the off season after 2 disappointing losses in the regional final.
Send a private message to XxCougars62xX Add XxCougars62xX to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-08-2009, 04:54 PM
Starter
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
GRIFFIN is on a distinguished road
O-line Well Be The Best It Has Been 9-1
Send a private message to GRIFFIN Add GRIFFIN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Starter
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Hilbily is on a distinguished road
I feel that we will see a completley new LCC team. The Howard's are not sticking around for the heck of it. They have a whole lot of talent coming into that program. I feel that next season for them will be getting a feel for 2010-2011. They are gonna have some real weapons on the offense and will be able to put up points on any team they face. The biggest factor will be being able to stop the other teams. Keep an eye out for Drew Bentley over the next three seasons,especially if he puts on any size. I hope they got a program for building some speed at the receiver positions as well. If they can group up 20 or more seniors in two years time then Highlands better whatch out. I hope that they got some support getting alot of the young men to and from practice that's parents can't. Alot of those folks work all day and night just to support their family's. If they have a few concerned boosters to aid with that then they could have key positions filled. Im on the other side of the U.S. but they will have some booster support from me. And in response to the comment on they don't impress then you need to start watching some football allgame.
Send a private message to Hilbily Add Hilbily to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-10-2009, 09:04 AM
Asst. Coach
Liked 88 Times in 54 Posts
Brooks4Prez is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by GRIFFIN View Post
O-line Well Be The Best It Has Been 9-1
Thats a pretty tall claim
Send a private message to Brooks4Prez Add Brooks4Prez to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ZoneRead is on a distinguished road
Who will be the next coach at Letcher if the Howards go back to Pikeville? I for one don't see them going to Pikeville but what if.
Send a private message to ZoneRead Add ZoneRead to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Letcher Co. Coaches
I feel pretty confident that Coach Howard will return to LCC, I would be kind of shocked if Ben left, but he is young and Pikeville would be a good place for him to start his head coaching. Replacing Ben would be very difficult, but I am sure that our Supt would make sure that we are OK. She is a football Fan!
Send a private message to cheeseforme Add cheeseforme to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Suspended
Liked 275 Times in 188 Posts
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN is on a distinguished road
I agree if they can get the nubers even higher and they hit the weight room harder than ever they can be dangerous.

I, as a fan would love to see them upgrade the schedule. M aybe drop a lesser team and pick up a stronger team from out of the area.
Send a private message to NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Add NEWARKCATHOLICFAN to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default schedule will be upgraded
As of right now I think that Belfry, Middlesboro, and Hazard are going to be on the schedule. A big improvement for them! LCCHS wil find it much more difficult to win 7-8 games next year. I anticipate Harlan being much improved and Whitley returns most of their starters. Not sure what Clay will return, but I do know that this group of Seniors for them was heck on wheels in the middleschool. I think this is a nice solid schedule, throw in Perry, N. Laurel and maybe Leslie I am not for sure and that is good. SHould be a fun year in ermine!
cheese
Old 01-20-2009, 02:16 PM
Starter
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I agree with all that we should drop some of the weak scheduling out of distrist. I do think they had a pretty tough district this past season and alot of people do not agree on that.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Statistician
Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
blitzingback is on a distinguished road
That district is going to be wide open for the next couple of years between 3 of the teams. Harlan, Whitley, and LCC will have some battles. That will be a hard district to predict for the next couple of years. LCC does seem like it's improving every year though. I don't know if they will ever get to be totally dominate of the district with Harlan in the picture. These two are very similiar. Both have admin. that are dedicated to football and community wide support. Those 2 things together, along of course with the athletes both teams have, make for exiting football in the mountains.
Send a private message to blitzingback Add blitzingback to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Starter
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
I feel that it will be up to any team to decide as well. Thing is next year is a building block for LCC and an even bigger one for HC. 2010-2011 for LCC will be huge...
Old 01-20-2009, 05:48 PM
Lacks the ability to love

Liked 602 Times in 417 Posts
Real Badman is on a distinguished road
If Howard is staying, he should consider contacting Matney at JC and try to schedule them.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Starter
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Yes that would be good for both teams.
Old 01-21-2009, 07:09 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
58fan is on a distinguished road
From reading some posts in other threads it looks as if Ben is leaving for Pikeville. If true, good luck Ben. Now if true who will take over for him as offensive coordinator and how will it affect the Cougars?
Send a private message to 58fan Add 58fan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-21-2009, 07:31 AM
Statistician
Liked 35 Times in 25 Posts
blitzingback is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 58fan View Post
From reading some posts in other threads it looks as if Ben is leaving for Pikeville. If true, good luck Ben. Now if true who will take over for him as offensive coordinator and how will it affect the Cougars?
I just wonder if all the rumors about B. Howard leaving are true, or if they are wishful thinking. Time will tell.
Send a private message to blitzingback Add blitzingback to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am pretty confident that Ben will be back at LCC. The administration is focused on winning in Letcher County and I don't feel that Pikeville's admin has the same emphasis currently. Academics are important and that should be the first priority of any district, but if you want excell in sports you have to be willing to commit the resources to make that happen. The supt in Letcher county is willing to make that happen because she understands that sucess breeds success in all areas both academically and athletically
Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Hall of Fame

Liked 713 Times in 540 Posts
bac2369 is on a distinguished road
LCC is playing Hazard. I guess its LCC coming to Hazard this time.
Send a private message to bac2369 Add bac2369 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
State Champion

Liked 204 Times in 152 Posts
king360 will become famous soon enough
Not good at all...Charlie Banks's shoes are too big to fill
Send a private message to king360 Add king360 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-22-2009, 04:25 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Big Shoes indeed! But.............
Originally Posted by king360 View Post
King, everyone in Letcher County is anticipating the Dore's coming to our house next season. The only think that would make it better would be if your PA man suited up and could take a few licks himself!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Starter
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Yeah i heard alot of negatives about that guy. Ah! you know what they say about people who are all mouth!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:53 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smoke 20 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by king360 View Post
I have two words "Logan Johnson"
He's still young but will do just fine replacing the former all-star Charlie Banks.
Send a private message to Smoke 20 Add Smoke 20 to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Cheerleader
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
58fan is on a distinguished road
Does anyone know if Ben does leave, if we will run the same offense or will we go back to the power game of the old Hillard? Does anyone know if Ben is leaving for Pikeville or is he staying
Send a private message to 58fan Add 58fan to Your Contacts Top of page
Old 01-26-2009, 09:06 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Box Top is on a distinguished road
It is Bens O', I'd say he keep it with him. Howards have built a good club on the mountain, they aren't going anywhere. Lots of kids in the weightroom means success.
Send a private message to Box Top Add Box Top to Your Contacts Top of page

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » Classic BlueGrassRivals