Rate This Thread - How do I change my Username on this Website?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Asst. Coach
Location: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."
Liked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Deathstar 80 is on a distinguished road
Default How do I change my Username on this Website?
I'm just curious if you can change your username or not. If you can, how?
Send a private message to Deathstar 80 Add Deathstar 80 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
The Bee's Knees

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
thetribe will become famous soon enoughthetribe will become famous soon enough
You cannot change your username. Abandon that account and start a new one as far as I know.
Send a private message to thetribe Add thetribe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Asst. Coach
Location: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."
Liked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Deathstar 80 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thetribe View Post
You cannot change your username. Abandon that account and start a new one as far as I know.
Thanks for the information.
Send a private message to Deathstar 80 Add Deathstar 80 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Asst. Coach
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
*Central_Cheer_Chick is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to *Central_Cheer_Chick Send a message via Yahoo to *Central_Cheer_Chick
So there is no way to keep all your stats/posts/pics? I have been wondering this for a long time also.
Send a private message to *Central_Cheer_Chick Add *Central_Cheer_Chick to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:23 PM
The Bee's Knees

Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
thetribe will become famous soon enoughthetribe will become famous soon enough
It is possible but I don't know if we are allowed to do it. Midee1 could answer the question better if you are requesting a name change.
Send a private message to thetribe Add thetribe to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Ninja

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
ComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the rough
Name changes are only allowed in circumstances where a users identity is revealed and even then, it is better for a person to just create a new account, that way no old posts will be associated with their new name.

If you are just wanting to change your username because you're tired of it, then you must create a new account.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:58 AM
No, I was not born in '83

Liked 60 Times in 45 Posts
Nefarious83 is on a distinguished road
You've got to make a new account.
Send a private message to Nefarious83 Add Nefarious83 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:34 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts
BlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really nice
Make another account, PM us from that new account and we will carry over you post count.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pocofan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ComfortEagle View Post
Name changes are only allowed in circumstances where a users identity is revealed and even then, it is better for a person to just create a new account, that way no old posts will be associated with their new name.

If you are just wanting to change your username because you're tired of it, then you must create a new account.
I know someone who did this. This person slams the coaches their kid doesn't get along with and tries to get other people to talk bad about the coaches, too. Is there some kind of protocol where you can complain about trolls like this? I have already responded to one thread like this tonight and I'm a new member, and I don't want the BGR police shutting me down! LOL I'm not a trouble0maker, really, but this DOES really tick me off.
Send a private message to pocofan Add pocofan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Ninja

Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
ComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the roughComfortEagle is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by pocofan View Post
I know someone who did this. This person slams the coaches their kid doesn't get along with and tries to get other people to talk bad about the coaches, too. Is there some kind of protocol where you can complain about trolls like this? I have already responded to one thread like this tonight and I'm a new member, and I don't want the BGR police shutting me down! LOL I'm not a trouble0maker, really, but this DOES really tick me off.
Unfortunately, there are so many posts made on BGR every day that it is near impossible to view every single post. So if you ever see a post that is questionable, then contact a staff member and let them know which post you are talking about and what thread it is in.

From there we will determine if there if there is a rule violation. But keep in mind, just because you don't agree with someone does not mean it's a rule violation or the post should be removed.

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Computers & Electronics » Computer & Windows Help