Rate This Thread - Computer starting to slow down..

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:58 AM
I am a 5 star prospect.

Liked 350 Times in 268 Posts
cougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura about
Default Computer starting to slow down.
Just wanted to know what are some of things I can do to get my laptop to speed up as far as programs and applications go. I bought this laptop last year, and now it is starting to be a little slow. Any help would be appreciated.
Send a private message to cougarpride08 Add cougarpride08 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 03-30-2009, 07:43 AM
From The Creek

Liked 18 Times in 17 Posts
CraftCreeker is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to CraftCreeker
First you should change your power options to Maximum....
but as far as applications that might speed up your system, System Mechanic use to be good I haven't used it in years though..
Old 03-31-2009, 04:17 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nrhoton is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to nrhoton
I always like to run msconfig and deselect mostly everything except programs like your antivirus to enable a speedy boot up process. Also the new Norton 360 V3.0 has a built in tune-up tool that runs automatically to help your pc perform better. The previous versions also had the tool but 3.0 just released.
Send a private message to nrhoton Add nrhoton to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 04:47 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Do you have any anti-adware/spyware software installed? I suggest downloading Ad-aware from Lavasoft and Spybot Search and Destroy and running both of them. If you download "free" software, you can unwittingly install hundreds or even more adware and spyware applications. These will slow your system to a crawl, even if you are using a browser with a pop-up blocker.

Aside from taking the above steps, defragmenting your hard drive and installing additional memory never hurts. Also make sure that your virus scanning software is up to date and running and that you have a working firewall installed.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 AM
I am a 5 star prospect.

Liked 350 Times in 268 Posts
cougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura aboutcougarpride08 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for the help.

My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter!
Send a private message to cougarpride08 Add cougarpride08 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Computers & Electronics » Computer & Windows Help