Rate This Thread - Greetings.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Graybeard is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings
Hello, I’m new to this site – but, I’m definitely not new myself.

I’m 53 and have been happily married to the same woman for 31 years. We have two sons that are at UK this fall (a senior and a freshman). So we have to adapt to having an empty nest now.

I graduated from Russell, my wife was a Raceland Rambler and we raised two Ashland Tomcats. I guess that makes us multi-cultural. We have a lot of family and friends in many of the school district in NEKY.

Our sons played football (and other sports too). But, football was definitely our favorite. I’ll post mostly in the NEKY football threads (I think) and I look forward to making new friends on this site.
Send a private message to Graybeard Add Graybeard to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 560 Times in 395 Posts
Jarons will become famous soon enoughJarons will become famous soon enough
Welcome. Great to see someone from NEKY on here. I graduated from Raceland, but now live in Shelbyville. I use these sites to keep up to date with NEKY, especially Raceland. Hopefully you can give some good info about NEKY area with your posts.
I have read many of your posts from the other site and I thought they were intelligent and insightful.
I have an aunt and uncle who are around your age that also graduated from Russell.
Send a private message to Jarons Add Jarons to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:48 PM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,631 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Welcome aboard Greaybeard, you will love the site. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Originally Posted by Jarons View Post
Welcome. Great to see someone from NEKY on here. I graduated from Raceland, but now live in Shelbyville. I use these sites to keep up to date with NEKY, especially Raceland. Hopefully you can give some good info about NEKY area with your posts.
I have read many of your posts from the other site and I thought they were intelligent and insightful.
I have an aunt and uncle who are around your age that also graduated from Russell.

Graybeard I have to echo the same sentiments.

I think I may know who your son is. I had one that played football at Russell and graduated in 06 and I think they may have been friends.

I will not mention names in the open forum but feel free to PM me and we can discuss it and see if I am right.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Graybeard is on a distinguished road
Midee1: I just sent you a PM, but I don't think it went through - I'm feeling like a newby now. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try again.
Send a private message to Graybeard Add Graybeard to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:55 AM
Administrator

Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Originally Posted by Graybeard View Post
Midee1: I just sent you a PM, but I don't think it went through - I'm feeling like a newby now. Let me know if you didn't get it and I'll try again.
I got it just fine when I finally looked at my computer. I have a bad habit of leaving it on and logged in so it looks like I am around all the time when I'm not.

I sent a reply.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:57 AM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
Glad to see you here, Graybeard. I always enjoyed reading your posts in the Ashland threads that other website. You always provided a voice of reason where many others did not. Welcome from a fellow newcomer.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
phs1986 has a spectacular aura aboutphs1986 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to the other side! HAHA... Glad you found the site and hope that you throughly enjoy it! If you need any assistance, give one of us mods/admins a yell!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com
Send a private message to phs1986 Add phs1986 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Off Topic » New Member Introduction