View Poll Results: Who will win this game?
Williamsburg 8 53.33%
Cumberland 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Rate This Thread - Williamsburg vs. Cumberland.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Old_Jacket is on a distinguished road
Default Williamsburg vs. Cumberland
The two teams will be fighting for the region title. Who will be the champs? And what will be the outcome?
Send a private message to Old_Jacket Add Old_Jacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Statistician
Liked 34 Times in 21 Posts
coach4life is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old_Jacket View Post
The two teams will be fighting for the region title. Who will be the champs? And what will be the outcome?
I would love to come watch that game.
Send a private message to coach4life Add coach4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
voljacketfan is on a distinguished road
Wink Almost there!
Williamsburg will win. This group of boys are hungry.
Send a private message to voljacketfan Add voljacketfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BobCatFan#1 is on a distinguished road
I've witnessed both teams, and I like Williamsburg style, but I think they will fall short.
Send a private message to BobCatFan#1 Add BobCatFan#1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Redskinfan is on a distinguished road
Cumberland.... Power football at its finest. I think your right BobCat Fan, Williamsburg can't handle Cumberland! Who will we play after we run through Williamsburg?
Send a private message to Redskinfan Add Redskinfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Statistician
Liked 47 Times in 38 Posts
Newjacket is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redskinfan View Post
Cumberland.... Power football at its finest. I think your right BobCat Fan, Williamsburg can't handle Cumberland! Who will we play after we run through Williamsburg?
Ok redskinfan let's face facts. You lost to Middlesboro and North Laurel. Two teams we destroyed. You barely beat Meece, a team that was shut down by both Southern Pulaski and Corbin. Two teams that were unable to stop our offense. How can you honestly think you can hang with us?
Send a private message to Newjacket Add Newjacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool Good to hear that!
I love power football. I am from a power football state. Hold on, Isn't Cumberland in KY. KY is not know for power football..... Interesting. Oh good luck on Saturday
Send a private message to voljacketfan Add voljacketfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Jacket4Life is on a distinguished road
I don't think BobCat Fan said that we couldn't handle Cumberland. Redskin fan I noticed that you haven't responded to the question that was ask of what teams we have played in common and if you won or lost. You sure seem to have it out for us and from what I can tell we sure haven't talked any trash about your team.
Send a private message to Jacket4Life Add Jacket4Life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:44 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Redskinfan is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jacket4Life View Post
I don't think BobCat Fan said that we couldn't handle Cumberland. Redskin fan I noticed that you haven't responded to the question that was ask of what teams we have played in common and if you won or lost. You sure seem to have it out for us and from what I can tell we sure haven't talked any trash about your team.
Past scores don't matter. We can play the guessing game all night... I know that Cumberland is going to come out on top. My prediction:
Cumberland 42 Williamsburg 28
Send a private message to Redskinfan Add Redskinfan to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Statistician
Past scores don't matter. We can play the guessing game all night... I know that Cumberland is going to come out on top. My prediction:
Cumberland 42 Williamsburg 28
They don't matter only because they show how much better we are. My prediction a complete blowout. Wburg 52 Cumberland 18.
Send a private message to Newjacket Add Newjacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Statistician
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
BM82 is on a distinguished road
It doesnt matter, you are just playing for 2nd, cause Raceland is going to take it all....
Send a private message to BM82 Add BM82 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by BM82 View Post
It doesnt matter, you are just playing for 2nd, cause Raceland is going to take it all....
Well thank you BM82, we all from Williamsburg/Cumberland appreciate you butting in and giving us your two cents! I think you have bigger priorities to think about at the moment. I'm sure Williamsburg/Cumberland would really like to hear your trash talking in a couple of weeks! But for now we really don't care. But hey, thanks for stopping by!
Send a private message to Old_Jacket Add Old_Jacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:41 PM
Scout Team
Liked 55 Times in 36 Posts
knighted is on a distinguished road
Well thank you BM82, we all from Williamsburg/Cumberland appreciate you butting in and giving us your two cents! I think you have bigger priorities to think about at the moment. I'm sure Williamsburg/Cumberland would really like to hear your trash talking in a couple of weeks! But for now we really don't care. But hey, thanks for stopping by!
LOL, I agree with you Old Jacket. Sometimes we can't just have a friendly private dispute without someone butting in. I did like your reply to him tho.
Send a private message to knighted Add knighted to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by knighted View Post
LOL, I agree with you Old Jacket. Sometimes we can't just have a friendly private dispute without someone butting in. I did like your reply to him tho.
Me too! He is a busy body for sure. Cant keep frankfort off his lips either.
Send a private message to coach4life Add coach4life to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by knighted View Post
Yeah man, we're just doing some good natured trash talking here and someone we won't play until the finals wants to bud in???
Old 10-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Statistician
They will not make the finals anyway. He is getting way to far out in front of himself. There is a little team in Central Ky. that may have something for Raceland. HeHe
Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by coach4life View Post
Me too! He is a busy body for sure. Cant keep frankfort off his lips either.
Well.... He says he has seen the Lex Cath vs Frankfort game on film and seems to know a bit about the Ashland area. Either a musketeer or a Ram. Does seem to have it out for you guys too coach.
Send a private message to knighted Add knighted to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:07 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by coach4life View Post
They will not make the finals anyway. He is getting way to far out in front of himself. There is a little team in Central Ky. that may have something for Raceland. HeHe
LOL, I did hear that!!!!!!op corn:
Old 10-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Water Boy
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
PhatBoy is on a distinguished road
I had heard that Williamsburg has a kid out...ACL or something?
Send a private message to PhatBoy Add PhatBoy to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Moderated member. You need 5 posts without rule violation to be promoted to a full member.
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
big-jacket is on a distinguished road
williamsburg doesn't have any 1 from any other county....... all their players have been going 2 williamsburg since first grade except for like 2 kids that came from whitley.
Send a private message to big-jacket Add big-jacket to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CMS32 is on a distinguished road
I've seen Willamsburg play they are a very well Coached team I think they will win the D3 statechampionship.
Send a private message to CMS32 Add CMS32 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:25 AM
Equipment Manager
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by PhatBoy View Post
I had heard that Williamsburg has a kid out...ACL or something?
Williamsburg has had a kid out.... Andrew Griffith (6'1 180 FB/WR 7th grader) brother of Skyler Griffith and he has been out since the first go around with Middlesboro. Last play of the game he was hit from the side and tore is ACL... We hated the loss, but its good he is only 12! He will make a speedy recovery and be back in action next year.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:09 AM
Statistician
Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts
rudedogky is on a distinguished road
Williamsburg has had a kid out.... Andrew Griffith (6'1 180 FB/WR 7th grader) brother of Skyler Griffith and he has been out since the first go around with Middlesboro. Last play of the game he was hit from the side and tore is ACL... We hated the loss, but its good he is only 12! He will make a speedy recovery and be back in action next year.
Dang, that's a big 12 year old...............
Send a private message to rudedogky Add rudedogky to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:11 AM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
CMS32 is on a distinguished road
I watched willamsburg middle play Corbin a few weeks back and Corbin has a very good team and Willamsburg played there tale off Corbin won in a close one 34-26 so I still think Willamsburg will win the state in there size.They have some good kids that do just what there Coached to do and the QB is very good.
Send a private message to CMS32 Add CMS32 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
Water Boy
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OldBobcat is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cms32 View Post
i watched willamsburg middle play corbin a few weeks back and corbin has a very good team and willamsburg played there tale off corbin won in a close one 34-26 so i still think willamsburg will win the state in there size.they have some good kids that do just what there coached to do and the qb is very good.

correct score was 40-28. But i will agree williamsburg is an excellent team and will give anyone fits that they play in the state tournament. If their kids can stay healthy they have a really good shot at winning a state title. Would love to see two state titles with corbin and williamsburg at the same time.
Send a private message to OldBobcat Add OldBobcat to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Statistician
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Old Redhound is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by OldBobcat View Post
correct score was 40-28. But i will agree williamsburg is an excellent team and will give anyone fits that they play in the state tournament. If their kids can stay healthy they have a really good shot at winning a state title. Would love to see two state titles with corbin and williamsburg at the same time.
Let's go for three in the area and pull for Knox.
Send a private message to Old Redhound Add Old Redhound to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Statistician
Originally Posted by OldBobcat View Post
Thanks for the support, we are rooting for Corbin down here as well as the other local teams too. Good luck to all this weekend and may all the kids remain injury free.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Equipment Manager
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cool
Originally Posted by Old Redhound View Post
Let's go for three in the area and pull for Knox.
Corbin, Williamsburg, and Knox winning state in each division....Cool beans!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Statistician
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Coach Howard is on a distinguished road
Not sure who will win this one but I am pulling for my neighbors across the mountain. Good luck Coach Bailey and the Redskins, Letcher County is pulling for you guys. Don't underestimate this team because they have a lot of talent and they play with a lot of heart. They are one of the better coached teams that we have played against this year and they are very, very fundamentally sound.
Send a private message to Coach Howard Add Coach Howard to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Scout Team
Originally Posted by voljacketfan View Post
Corbin, Williamsburg, and Knox winning state in each division....Cool beans!!!!!!!
No love for Lex Cath????????

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Kentucky High School and Middle School Sports » Middle School Sports » Football