Rate This Thread - Where do I suggest stuff at?.

Like this thread? Help the BGR community grow by sharing it with your friends.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:03 PM
Lacks the ability to love

Liked 602 Times in 417 Posts
Real Badman is on a distinguished road
Default Where do I suggest stuff at?
Anyways,

Me being a long time member here on BGR. I have always wondered, why is there such a limited amount of time to edit your own posts.

I do believe more time should me allowed

thanks

RB
AKA
a long time reputable good member

Click Here to become a member and join in on the discussions at BGR. Our membership is always 100% FREE.

Old 10-18-2010, 04:39 PM

I will bump this everyday until I get an answer
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,631 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Real Badman View Post
I will bump this everyday until I get an answer
You would be better off PM'ing Midee1 or Torqque, the are the ONLY one's that could answer your question, so posing it here and bumping it will do you no good.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:48 PM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,016 Times in 792 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
I do not have definite answers BUT I would guess that it is because of Pick 'EM contests and other things.

If there is ever something you want to change, just ask a mod or an admin, we will be glad to help if it is reasonable.

Another mod/admin may say something different, but that is my personal take, not the official BGR take.
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:57 PM

I understand that. But I dont always feel like hunting someone down for when I make a type-o. Thats wasting mine and who's ever doing it's time. This is going on my 6th year and I have never had a definite answer.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:27 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 261 Times in 159 Posts
BlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really niceBlackcatAlum is just really nice
Bumping the thread will do nothing.

I don't have answer for your question, and the only ones off the top of my head that can help you out is QQ, Beef, and/or Midee1.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:22 PM

I know that. Noone would reply to my thread, thus the comment. I figured I had better bring attention to myself, rather then be disrespected in a manner. Last I heard of Beef, he was in Australia. And Midee, well I have never really spoke to him. But really can everyone see where I'm coming from. BCA I'm sure you dont wanna have to go and fix everyone of my mistyped posts? I'm not asking for the answer or life or a stick of gold or anything ya know?
Old 10-19-2010, 01:18 AM
This is my favorite pastime

Liked 4,631 Times in 3,184 Posts
Stardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to beholdStardust is a splendid one to behold
I know that. Noone would reply to my thread, thus the comment. I figured I had better bring attention to myself, rather then be disrespected in a manner. Last I heard of Beef, he was in Australia. And Midee, well I have never really spoke to him. But really can everyone see where I'm coming from. BCA I'm sure you dont wanna have to go and fix everyone of my mistyped posts? I'm not asking for the answer or life or a stick of gold or anything ya know?
RB, the best suggestion is if your only issues is spell check, then download the qspell app to your desktop. It works great, and then you won't need to go back and edit.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:33 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 1,016 Times in 792 Posts
LWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the roughLWC is a jewel in the rough
Oh yeah I agree, if the only issue is your English, dowload the app.
Send a private message to LWC Add LWC to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Hall of Fame

Liked 979 Times in 654 Posts
Westside is on a distinguished road
Thanks to everyone who helped get my signature back up. I'll try not to do anything to have it taken down again. Thanks.
Send a private message to Westside Add Westside to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Anyways,

Me being a long time member here on BGR. I have always wondered, why is there such a limited amount of time to edit your own posts.

I do believe more time should me allowed

thanks

RB
AKA
a long time reputable good member
What kind of time frame are you looking for?

Right now the parameters are set at 10 minutes to edit a thread title and 15 minutes to edit your posts. I would think in that amount of time you would be given plenty of opportunity to catch mistakes and edit them.

My opinion and this is strictly my opinion is that I wouldn't be a fan of setting the time limits to edit much longer than this.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
Hall of Fame

Location: Down on Mainstreet but thinking of Going to Katmandu
Liked 1,308 Times in 910 Posts
Bob Seger has a spectacular aura aboutBob Seger has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Midee1 View Post
What kind of time frame are you looking for?

Right now the parameters are set at 10 minutes to edit a thread title and 15 minutes to edit your posts. I would think in that amount of time you would be given plenty of opportunity to catch mistakes and edit them.

My opinion and this is strictly my opinion is that I wouldn't be a fan of setting the time limits to edit much longer than this.
Is there a negative to extending it? If not, then why not extend it? I agree with badman, I would like to see it.
Send a private message to Bob Seger Add Bob Seger to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:26 PM

I mean, if its extra trouble then I understand completely. I have been here since before half of the current posters and I remember when you couldn't edit period.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
Midee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the roughMidee1 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Midee1
Originally Posted by Bob Seger View Post
Is there a negative to extending it? If not, then why not extend it? I agree with badman, I would like to see it.
The only negative that I can see is if someone posted something and started getting harassed about it and went back 45 minutes later and edited it out the it would just create an unnecessary argument with all the he said she said nonsense.

I mean, if its extra trouble then I understand completely. I have been here since before half of the current posters and I remember when you couldn't edit period.
It's not extra trouble. It would take me just a couple of minutes to adjust the parameters. I'm just asking for a suggestion of the time adjustment so I can present it to the staff and see if it is something that we all agree upon.
Send a private message to Midee1 Add Midee1 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 AM
BGR Staff

Liked 933 Times in 725 Posts
vundy33 has a spectacular aura aboutvundy33 has a spectacular aura about
Why would you have to actually PM ANYONE to explain a type-o? If it's that big of a deal, just correct what you said in another post.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM

Liked 792 Times in 620 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Can I change my time on BGR? Or is set GMT for everyone?
Old 11-01-2010, 06:00 AM
Administrator

Liked 136 Times in 90 Posts
BCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura aboutBCF4L has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MisterPerfect View Post
Can I change my time on BGR? Or is set GMT for everyone?
Yeah, we've all been trying to figure out how to make the time correct. There is something wrong with the time period. Even if you set it to a time where the hour is correct, the minutes are still off. There's something in the software that needs to be reset.
Send a private message to BCF4L Add BCF4L to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 AM

Liked 792 Times in 620 Posts
Spud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the roughSpud6 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by BCF4L View Post
Yeah, we've all been trying to figure out how to make the time correct. There is something wrong with the time period. Even if you set it to a time where the hour is correct, the minutes are still off. There's something in the software that needs to be reset.
Ok, Thank You.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by vundy33 View Post
Why would you have to actually PM ANYONE to explain a type-o? If it's that big of a deal, just correct what you said in another post.
Back in the day that was considered "post padding" and thats against the rules. Epically if it was double post.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Asst. Coach
Location: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me."
Liked 65 Times in 54 Posts
Deathstar 80 is on a distinguished road
Back in the day that was considered "post padding" and thats against the rules. Epically if it was double post.
But is it against this website's rules to double post? If it is, I'm in big trouble!
Send a private message to Deathstar 80 Add Deathstar 80 to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:34 PM
All BlueGrass Rivals

Liked 1,421 Times in 1,018 Posts
Hoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really niceHoot Gibson is just really nice
I think the edit time is fine the way it is. I have responded several times to posts, only to notice much later that the post to which I responded has been totally unwritten. Sometimes people post in haste, have second thoughts, and then "soften the blow." That's great but the longer the edit window, the greater the chance that responses will not match the prior posts.
Send a private message to Hoot Gibson Add Hoot Gibson to Your Contacts Top of page Reply With Quote

BGR-Kentucky High School Sports - BlueGrassRivals » Feedback and Support » FAQ, Help, Feedback and Enquiries