Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BCS National Title Auburn 22 - Oregon 19
HossDawg Wrote:After watching the re-rub last night. I do not know why I have not mentioned Nick Fairly. .

:Thumbs:. Agreed...a top 10 draft pick for sure.
MVP2 Wrote::Thumbs:. Agreed...a top 10 draft pick for sure.

And also, the true freshman who had the HUGE run at the end of the game. When everyone thought he was down. But their was no whistle! Huge play!
^They would never let him on the air again lol
^it would be great aslan.
I could only imagine the things he would have to say this time, you better believe if Oregon won they would have ripped that guy for a year straight.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nah, I am a fan of the SEC and am not blind to their success like a lot of people throughout this country are. If it would have been a playoff system, i wouldnt have chosen either team. I would still to this day pick Alabama to beat anyone in the country.
A lot of times the best team in this country doesnt win the national championship, some dont even make the game, but i believe that if they play there best game alabama could beat any team in the country, and i am by no means an alabama fan.
I absoloutly hate non AQ teams and think they would get slaughtered playing an SEC schedule every year, but who knows how good TCU really was. All year long they play nobody and then beat a Wisconsin team, who IMO shouldnt have even been in a BCS game but made it because of a weak big 10 conference this year.
It cracks me up listening to radio shows on XM and hearing pac 10 and other fans cry and cry about how the SEC are cheaters. Thats never going to go away. Any time somebody wins, somebody is going to say they cheat. It happens every year. Just like the Cam Newton situation. Even if the money rumor is true and he knew about it, it gave him no athletic advantage over anyone else. He didnt throw a game obviously, and same goes for the Ohio State players, their hideous tattoos running all the way up their arms did nothing to help them beat Arkansas last week and lets be honest, how good would that game have been if those guys wouldnt have played? Arkansas would have prolly won by 50. Im just a fan of the competitiveness of college football, its the best thing there is.
IMO though, over the last five years, there hasnt been a playoff system put in because the NCAA knows that more than likely most of those years would have been a repeat of the SEC championship game or two SEC teams playing it out. Thats what i believe it really comes down to.

In a playoff you would have had the Iron Bowl Part 2 as the national championship lol. The NCAA knows this that is why there will never be a playoff system.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:In a playoff you would have had the Iron Bowl Part 2 as the national championship lol. The NCAA knows this that is why there will never be a playoff system.

:Thumbs:Yup, my point exactly