Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Dunks
Even tohugh they rarely happen anymore what are some of the more memorable dunks that have happened in the mountains in the last few years???
The Antonio kid from Boyd could throw it down.
It would have been Shawn Thompsons freshman or Soph more year. It was the ERA of OJ and Bill Walker and M. Dawson, that crew when they was at Rose Hill. Well the game was at LC Shawn was guarding Walker and cut the baseline off and the next thing you see is Bill jump over shawn and throw it down hard, the D was good but when you have that type of kid it was just awsome to see in person, I know shawn doesnt see it that way but after the game he just smiled about it.
"Batpuff" Wrote:It would have been Shawn Thompsons freshman or Soph more year. It was the ERA of OJ and Bill Walker and M. Dawson, that crew when they was at Rose Hill. Well the game was at LC Shawn was guarding Walker and cut the baseline off and the next thing you see is Bill jump over shawn and throw it down hard, the D was good but when you have that type of kid it was just awsome to see in person, I know shawn doesnt see it that way but after the game he just smiled about it.

Would love to have saw that.
boyd county antonio
when Neil 'May' Allen of Ac was on a fast break at ac against prestonsburg and took it up 2 hands and slams it home on a prestonsburg defender and was fouled
"ACE" Wrote:Would love to have saw that.

Yea it was a very nice dunk

Shawn and O.J. use to pretty good friends, played on the same AAU team with him in Huntington Wva was there starting Center.
This isn't about the best dunk I have saw..but at the Valley and Pikeville game Friday...one of Pikeville's players was dunking like crazy during warm-ups..even tossed it off the backboard and dunked it..well let's just say he got hurt on the first possession of the game and didn't see a minute of action..so kids...try not to do too much dunking..
"SVHSFootball" Wrote:This isn't about the best dunk I have saw..but at the Valley and Pikeville game Friday...one of Pikeville's players was dunking like crazy during warm-ups..even tossed it off the backboard and dunked it..well let's just say he got hurt on the first possession of the game and didn't see a minute of action..so kids...try not to do too much dunking..

What player was it?
let's try to keep this forum on some of the more exciting dunks in eky, the two tat stick out in my memory are
1.Josh Smith of Oak Hill Academy rising overtop of Hank Gabbard of Hazard and
drawing the blocking foul.
2.Ben Bowling of Perry County Central tipslamming his own missed free throw with
two hands a few years ago in the WYMT...
i would have to agree with the ben bowling dunk he was one of the best dunkers in the mountains
Antonio Owens from Boyd Co....keeps you entertained in the warm ups
Justin Stacy between the leg slam if u ask me!!!!! Latino
Heat
Josh Smith over hank gabbard was the nastiest dunk ive ever seen........it was a teabag like no other
L. DeWalt of Warren Central had 2 nice dunks against Mason Co. in the State Tournament Championship game a few years ago.
Can the smith kid from owsley dunk??
BEST EVER Avery Faiorchild @ lawrence co, caught a pass off the backboard and dunked it backwards,,,i was amazed
"Batpuff" Wrote:It would have been Shawn Thompsons freshman or Soph more year. It was the ERA of OJ and Bill Walker and M. Dawson, that crew when they was at Rose Hill. Well the game was at LC Shawn was guarding Walker and cut the baseline off and the next thing you see is Bill jump over shawn and throw it down hard, the D was good but when you have that type of kid it was just awsome to see in person, I know shawn doesnt see it that way but after the game he just smiled about it.

I was there and saw that dunk. It was completely unexpected, and was really nasty... Alot of extra curricular activity occurred in that game, as happened pretty frequently with Rose Hill and with Steven Driver...