Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry vs Sheldon Clark Region 4 AA championship (predict)
Will Sheldon Clark injuries hurt the Cardinals tonight, according to the News-Express and I quote:

"Cardinals' leading tackler, defensive end James Maynard, suffered a broken bone in his leg. He played throughout the game against Leslie, but is questionable for Friday's game.... Running back and defensive end Shawn Johnson is questionable with a bruised sternum. The senior did not practice Tuesday.... Junior linebacker B.J. Slone went to the doctor Tuesday morning to be X-rayed for pneumonia."

I wonder if this will have an effect on the game tonight ???
Didn't realize those players were hurt. Thanks for the info. I hate to hear about any player getting hurt. As for the one that played the game with a broken bone in his leg. My hat goes off to him, now that is what "love of the game" is all about.:Thumbs:
"Boss Hogg" Wrote:Maynard ran the opening leg of a 4 x100 relay team last year that came in second in the state. Howard maybe faster...maybe...no way will he out quick him (big difference in speed and quickness) or is as elusive in an open field. He can flat out make you miss tackles.

Belfry has been winning and hasn't played a good all round game yet. They won last game by a confortable margin and the players were upset with their performance. "If" they put together a complete game it could be ugly, if not they still win by 12.

Ryan Howard is no where near as fast as Matt Maynard. Believe me, I've seen them both a lot and its not really close. Howard does have as good or better lateral quickness, I'll give him that.

Side Note.......If Doug Howard would have ran on that 4X100 meter relay team they would have won the state title. All they need was about 2 hundredths of a second. I'm still ticked at him about that.:mad:
"BelfryPride" Wrote:Will Sheldon Clark injuries hurt the Cardinals tonight, according to the News-Express and I quote:

"Cardinals' leading tackler, defensive end James Maynard, suffered a broken bone in his leg. He played throughout the game against Leslie, but is questionable for Friday's game.... Running back and defensive end Shawn Johnson is questionable with a bruised sternum. The senior did not practice Tuesday.... Junior linebacker B.J. Slone went to the doctor Tuesday morning to be X-rayed for pneumonia."

I wonder if this will have an effect on the game tonight ???

James got news he can play in tonights game as for Shawn I dont kow and last time around we didnt have ryan kelley our full back that can run you over he will be back tonight, I think B.j will be playing and im pretty sure Shawn will too.
Just wondering, cause all of this was in todays paper.

Go Pirates !!!!!!!!!!
Belfry -47
Sheldon Clark -7

This thread will be archived onto the Classic Bluegrass Rivals section. This is one of the best threads in our short history.