Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County 85 South Floyd 77
Owsley led by 22 in the first half and led by 18 in the last quarter with about 4 minutes to go. They had some turnovers which SF converted, and missed the front end of 3 bonus free throws, or the final would have been much worse.

Daniel Neeley scored 32 for Owsley and Robert Smith added 24 with 11 rebounds. Each had 4 treys.

I tried to tell everyone in the prediction thread that had South Floyd "naming the final score", and "25 or more blowout, that they may be in for a BIG surprise.

Owsley is not the same team that went 1-9 to start the season. Robert Smith is the reaSON WHY.

BTW, I don't have any stats but the Owls outrebounded SF by a pretty good margin.
congrats to the owls
the raiders have not faired well in saturday games
#3 and #4 was pretty good players for owsley. They shot around 50% as a team I think and SF shot around 37% . Hope the Raiders can get it together for the All A.
"#_4" Wrote:#3 and #4 was pretty good players for owsley. They shot around 50% as a team I think and SF shot around 37% . Hope the Raiders can get it together for the All A.
#3 is Robert Smith and #4 is Daniel Neeley.
The shots were just not falling for SF and Owsley wasn't hardly missing.
Wow....what happened to the Raiders tonight? Seems like they overlooked the Owls. Owsley Co. was 2-12 going into tonight's game against SF. I didn't get a chance to see the game, but a 2-12 team can't be too deceiving or be that good of a team. SF will definitely have to make a better showing on the 25th if they want to compete for the All 'A' Championship....
I have to say that I was very impressed with South Floyd watching them beat East Ridge by 20 friday night, this is a bit of a suprise to me even though I haven't followed much of Owsley Co.
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Wow....what happened to the Raiders tonight? Seems like they overlooked the Owls. Owsley Co. was 2-12 going into tonight's game against SF. I didn't get a chance to see the game, but a 2-12 team can't be too deceiving or be that good of a team. SF will definitely have to make a better showing on the 25th if they want to compete for the All 'A' Championship....
Read my firsrt post and you will see that Owsley County is not the same team now that they were earleir.
Robert Smith returning on Jan 10 is the reason why. Not only can he score but he can jump out of the gym....he had 11 rebounds last night. And the press doesn't cause Owsley as much of a problem as it did before because Robert is an excellent ball handler and is can help the other guard, Daniel Neeley, push the ball up the floor.
Smith was not allowed to practice with the team until he returned, so he was (and still is) a little rusted and not in top playing form. Because of that he got off to a rough start in his first two games against Lee County and Estill County, but he started turning it around in Thursday's game with Hazard.....a game that Owsley led for 80% of the time before Smith fouled out and Hazard took a 45-44 lead with under 2 minutes left in the game and finally won 52-44.

Owsley is a much better team now than what their record shows.
The smith kid can play ball...I havnt seen anyone in the 14th that could play with him 1 on 1!
Congrats Owsley!
Owsley was wantin it more than the raiders, SF got down by 20+ before they started playing and it was too late then
any stats on the turnovers??
No disrespect but,again SF overlooked the team because of their W-L record and underestimated the Owls and that was their downfall.Congrats Owls on a good win and,SF keep ur heads up because the all "a" isnt far away and hopefully were going to richmond again this yr.
Congrats Owsley
I agree bevinsville bomber...sf really needs to work hard and get ready for the All 'A'...
"bevinsville_bomber" Wrote:Wow....what happened to the Raiders tonight? Seems like they overlooked the Owls. Owsley Co. was 2-12 going into tonight's game against SF. I didn't get a chance to see the game, but a 2-12 team can't be too deceiving or be that good of a team. SF will definitely have to make a better showing on the 25th if they want to compete for the All 'A' Championship....
I'll tell you what happened, South Floyd simply does not have the size to actually pull through, no doubt, Ryan Little is a very good player in the post, but who else?. They are a scrappy team, and yes they will compete night in and night out, but there size disadvantage will handicap them against the bigger teams.
justin slone isnt as big as ryan little but he does good when he gets in
Were there any problems at this game? As in "T's"?
No SF kept their heads in this one they just couldnt get it together.
"hazarddogfan" Wrote:The smith kid can play ball...I havnt seen anyone in the 14th that could play with him 1 on 1!
In my book; i feel that Smith could be the best player in region.
Congrats Owsley
Congrats to Owsley
Bad loss for South Floyd and the rest of the 15th Region....
"alfus21" Wrote:Bad loss for South Floyd and the rest of the 15th Region....
That's exactly right. Every time out when one region takes on another there should be a sense of pride that is with that team in that particular game. Congrats to Owsley County.
Congrats Owsley take it to JBS!!!
this is not cool
Questionable lost by supposively one of the best teams in the 58th and 15th.

Congrats Owsley on the big win.
i think that jut slone should be a starter because he is a good player

t.j isnt to bad but he should not start dont take it the wrong way i just think that jut is more of a all around player and t.j. isnt
sf has a long way to go to be a contender for any type of tournament at this point if u ask me, they have a lot of physical potential, but their mental state as a complete team is, well, to put it nicely, not that good. And i dont know about you, but the teams that i see win tournaments are teams that have it together upstairs, like paintsville seems to be getting better at, and south floyd is a long way off from that, but who knows, they might get it together and come together at the right time and surprise alot of ppl, but not unless they get a head check. Maybe they can borrow Kentucky's sports pscychologist for a while
This game was a huge boost for Owsley County going into their All A matchup Wednesday in Booneville with June Buchanan.

Robert Smith has now got 5 games under his belt with the Owls, and the team seems to be improving every game with their team chemistry. I think Owsley will be a much, much better team from here on to district tournament time. Owsley's record is no indication of what this team is capable of accomplishing the remainder of the season.