Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dwight Howard joining the Lakers in 2012?
DisneyWorld vs. Disneyland feud could go DefCon1: Sources say DHoward has eye on Lakers if Magic don’t win a title in next 2 years.

This rumor doesn’t seem so crazy anymore, does it? No I guess not, but there’s too much hoopla surrounding this rumor. Dwight to the Lakers (2 years prior to the actual move happening) sounds a lot like the “LeBron to New York” rumor the fans and the media have been hyped up for the past few years before he eventually tore their hearts out. I suggest not getting your hopes up on this rumor too much incase he holds “The Decision” spurning the Lakers for another team (Clippers?).

A lot of Laker fans might be wondering how this would work. Well, how this works is simple. Dwight has an early-termination clause in his contract for 2011-2012 meaning at the end of the ’11-12 season, he can terminate his contract and become a free agent, giving him the opportunity to join the Lakers for the ’12-13 season. But the Lakers have approximately $67 million locked in for 3 players alone in ’12-13, which brings them over the current salary cap already (the CBA negotiations don’t help the cause either).

The Lakers likely won’t look to overspend on Dwight so they would likely make some trades to make room for him, with all eyes on Andrew Bynum and his $13 million contract. Dwight makes slightly more than Bynum, at approximately $16.5 million. This opens up a sign-and-trade scenario with the Lakers shipping out Bynum and possibly Luke Walton to Orlando for Dwight. However, if that deal isn’t considered, the Lakers could just simply trade away Bynum to another team for some low-paid players to create room and sign Dwight in the offseason. There are many scenarios to be considered, so it’s best left to “Magic Man” Mitch.

So Nation, do you support Dwights move to the Lakers?

http://thelakersnation.com/blog/2010/12/...s-in-2012/

This isn't a crazy idea.. But with Kobe still aging and the way I see it is Kobe probably won't even be at LA within this timespan. I wish the best for DW but WHY L.A.!?!?!?
Why not LA?
They have shown that they will go out and get talent and they bring in big time coaches to get the job done.
It's like going to the Yankees in baseball, only with a salary cap lol
Cool - I can't wait to start hating D-Howard then Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:Why not LA?
They have shown that they will go out and get talent and they bring in big time coaches to get the job done.
It's like going to the Yankees in baseball, only with a salary cap lol

Dude I was about ready to say this exact same thing.
I dont think I'll get excited just yet lol. Perhaps in 2 years Ill start getting really excited about this one lol. But i would love to see it happen.
^I'm sure all L.A. fans like to hear it.. What team wouldn't..
He's the most dominant big man in the NBA.
^ Your absolutely right. He is a beast and it would be an incredible pick up. But life shows its best not to get your hopes up on something that is not a guarantee by any means.
K_Mac Wrote:^ Your absolutely right. He is a beast and it would be an incredible pick up. But life shows its best not to get your hopes up on something that is not a guarantee by any means.

Can't argue with the bolded..
Me and Zaga we're talking about it, and it seems like the most elite big men in the NBA have always wound up at L.A. and have won titles there.

Could be his destiny.
^ You know, that makes sense actually. I never thought about it but LA has had A LOT of dominate big men. Howard might want to join that list one day.
The only dominating big-man that I can think of to win a title without ever being a Laker is Hakeen Olajuwon (spelling?)

I am not saying he is the only one, but he is the only one off the top of my head.
LWC Wrote:The only dominating big-man that I can think of to win a title without ever being a Laker is Hakeen Olajuwon (spelling?)

I am not saying he is the only one, but he is the only one off the top of my head.

Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Bill Russel.
^I heard him say it yesterday.
He said he would come over to the dark side!!!!
MWAHAHA
I would definitely like to have ballers on our side. He kills me cheering for Lebron.
I'm not going to hold my breath.
Aslan Wrote:Tim Duncan, David Robinson, Bill Russel.

I thought we were talking about recent memory? In that case i will give you The Admiral and Duncan. If we go past recent memory, we add Moses Malone, The guy from the Knicks in the 70's (was it Willis Reed, or was he the guard?), etc...
I thought MIAMI was the new Yankees though?
Kobe will be tired and he will need help, his players will have to carry him..
Howard would carry him to the title again.
^Howard hasn't carried anyone to a title yet.
As a matter of fact...
I think his title hopes were smashed by Kobe.
Everyone has to have help..
Howard had noone!
Alright next let's trade Blake Griffin and Kevin Love to the Thunder to team up with Westbrook and Durant, against Lebron/Wade/Bosh, and Kobe/Howard/Whoever else. So bad for the league.
Ballers Wrote:Everyone has to have help..
Howard had noone!

Jameer Nelson
Rafer Alston(say what you want, he played well and you know it)
Mickael Pietrus
Hedo Turkoglu

The Magic had a good team and you know it.
He's got all the talent in the world around him now as well....
we'll see how far he goes.
And if he does go to the Lakers in 2 years....
they'll get another ring and Kobe will have a huge role in them winning it.
MJ was 36 when he retired from the Bulls and he took care of business.
Meaning he competed and got rings when he was 34 35 and 36.
Kobe is PERFECTLY capable of that since he is only 32.
[quote=zaga_fan]Jameer Nelson
Mickael Pietrus
Hedo Turkoglu

Kobe is PERFECTLY capable of that since he is only 32.[/QUOTE]

Im right there with ya man. Would love to see Howad there in 2012. Rather see Steve Nash this year though.
zaga_fan Wrote:Jameer Nelson
Mickael Pietrus
Hedo Turkoglu

Kobe is PERFECTLY capable of that since he is only 32.

Jameer Nelson was coming off of a great injury and should not have been playing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jameer Nelson was coming off of a great injury and should not have been playing.

He was...
but he played considerably well.
Rafer Alston? You can't be serious!?!?!?!
Where does these guys rank up against other teams and their role players??

THEY DON'T!!
Hedo played well all year long..
Pietrus had a breakout playoff performance and then nothing!..

Other teams were much much deeper than the Magic and they still came out of the East.
I will say this much, Magic has a better team now IMO and should be able to go farther with this team.

Howard says it himself, if he can't get the championship within the 2 year span in his contract, he's out.
I don't blame him.
TaDa!!!!!!
neat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ballers is proud that he posted a link to something someone else wrote before anyone else did lol