Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Wrestling Rivalries
Who do you guys think were the greatest rivalries of all time????

Hogan-Flair had some real "slobberknockers."

From the old AWA days, Playboy/Prettyboy vs Michaels/Jenitty were great.

but I don't think much can top Stone Cold vs The Rock.

BTW, I wonder what an Eerie/Westy match would be like????:redboxer::ChairHit::flame::moon:
Brett Hart and Mcmahon was always a great non wrestling one.
Bret hart and shawn michaels was a pretty good one at one time.
I dont know what it is about flair but whenever i see him n ot its looks like the veins in his fore head have been took out and put back in where hes cut him self so many times for the blood shots.
I agree though, stone cold and the rock would be my fav, ofcourse, it was the biggest one of my generation growing up.

M favorite wrestler---goldberg
The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin is probably my #1 true wrestling rivarly IMO.

WWE vs. WCW also sticks out, yes it was a rivalry.

Ric Flair vs. Sting

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Etc. Etc. Etc.
J-Rod Wrote:The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin is probably my #1 true wrestling rivarly IMO.

WWE vs. WCW also sticks out, yes it was a rivalry.

Ric Flair vs. Sting

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Steamboat

Ric Flair vs. Dusty Rhodes

Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart

Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels

Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Really good list :Thumbs:
1. Dusty Rhodes vs. Four Horsemen
2. Hulk Hogan vs. Sting
3. Anderson Brothers vs. Rick Steamboat & Jay Youngblood
4. Roddy Piper vs. Hulk Hogan
5. Hulk vs. Andre
6. Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask
7. Tazz vs. Sabu
8. Ric Flair vs. Rick Steamboat
9. Handsome Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones
10. Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon

All of these rivalries were not just the individual wrestlers but all of the other wrestlers they would include into the rivalry.
The Sting and Hollywood Hogan rivalry was my all-time favorite.
The Rock and Stone Cold rivalry was good.
Flair and Hogan was a cool.
In all honesty....
anyone that Flair, Stone Cold, or Hogan feuded with made for a good rivalry.
Their personas just made it fun to watch.
Gosh, how could I forget Stone Cold vs. Mr. McMahon.

Legendary Rivalry
Stardust Wrote:1. Dusty Rhodes vs. Four Horsemen
2. Hulk Hogan vs. Sting
3. Anderson Brothers vs. Rick Steamboat & Jay Youngblood
4. Roddy Piper vs. Hulk Hogan
5. Hulk vs. Andre
6. Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask
7. Tazz vs. Sabu
8. Ric Flair vs. Rick Steamboat
9. Handsome Jimmy Valiant vs. Paul Jones
10. Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon

All of these rivalries were not just the individual wrestlers but all of the other wrestlers they would include into the rivalry.

Hogan and Sting is my personal favorite rivalry. I am glad that you mentioned Tazz and Sabu, that was awesome. People forget how ECW really had some great performers. Ric Flair and Ricky the Dragon had some epic matches. Those two could put on a clinic of epicness, lol.

Stone Cold and Vince was a crowd pleaser as well.
LWC Wrote:Hogan and Sting is my personal favorite rivalry. I am glad that you mentioned Tazz and Sabu, that was awesome. People forget how ECW really had some great performers. Ric Flair and Ricky the Dragon had some epic matches. Those two could put on a clinic of epicness, lol.

Stone Cold and Vince was a crowd pleaser as well.

Flair figured that he and Steamboat wrestled over 2,000 times dating back to their earliest days in the NWA through the championship battles. He said that the Chi-Town rumble was his favorite match of all-time, but he said the he and Steamboat put on 100 matches better than that one that was in front of no more than 250 fans with no television camera's around. It is hard to imagine that they could have possibly had any better matches.

Steamboat had arguably the greatest match in history with Savage in Wrestlemania 3.
Best rivalry ever.. this trumps them all, sorry guys.

Nation of Domination vs DX.
^ Some of the best skits ever was by DX during this brief feud
We are the Nation...of Domination. Big Grin
Tommy "Wildfire" Rich and Buzz Sawyer

Bruno Sammartino and Larry Zsbysco
^ I missed the Bruno era, but watching the films of his battles with the like's of the New Living Legend, the Russian Bear, and Stan the Man Stasiak, Bruno was as tough as they get.

Tommy Rich was the greatest imposter I've ever seen. Putting the title on him completely ruined that kids heat as fans ran from cheering him as if he carried Ebola!
Rich wasn't the best wrestler by any means, but I remember watching him and Sawyer battle it out on Georgia Championship Wrestling. I guess Gordon Solie made the matches more interesting than they actually were.
^ Gordon Solie could call a pair of Mops falling to the floor and make it sound like it was the greatest event of mankind.
Stardust Wrote:^ Gordon Solie could call a pair of Mops falling to the floor and make it sound like it was the greatest event of mankind.

So couldn't the great Jim "Good Ole JR" Ross. Gawd, I cannot stand Michael Cole. :blabbermo
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:So couldn't the great Jim "Good Ole JR" Ross. Gawd, I cannot stand Michael Cole. :blabbermo

To me, Gordan Solie stands alone at the top. Lance Russell with Memphis was a distant second for me. Then JR. David Crockett would come in at #4, but I can't think of David without Bob Caudill as his partner.

And even though I love the old-school guys, to round out my top five, it was Joey Stiles when he was with the original ECW. I absolutely loved the way he called matches all by himself, and a guy with no wrestling experience, he called it like I as a fan would. It would be easy to say he would get on your nerves, but the more you listened to him, the more you grew to love hi,
Flair/Sting
HBK/HHH
'Taker/Old Kane
Stone Cold/Rock
Mr. Wrestlin I & II vs The Andersons

Mr. Wrestling I vs Mr. Wrestling II

AAAHHH The good ole days of GCW!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
1. Stone Cold v The Rock
2. Mick Foley v Triple H
3. Undertaker v Mick Foley
4. Shawn Michaels v Brett Heart
OffTheHook Wrote:Mr. Wrestlin I & II vs The Andersons

Mr. Wrestling I vs Mr. Wrestling II

AAAHHH The good ole days of GCW!!!!

Mr. Wrestling, now there is a name not mentioned much any more. Tim Woods was one of them, but I cannot remember the other. Good lord, the southern Fans went NUTS for him, and he could work a crowd with his wiggle.
zaga_fan Wrote:The Sting and Hollywood Hogan rivalry was my all-time favorite.The Rock and Stone Cold rivalry was good.
Flair and Hogan was a cool.
In all honesty....
anyone that Flair, Stone Cold, or Hogan feuded with made for a good rivalry.
Their personas just made it fun to watch.

The Sting/Hogan rivalry was one of the best IMO.

And anyone that Stone Cold feuded with was a great rivalry as well.
Was it the Sting/Hogan rivalry from '97 which lead to their match at Starcade?

Man, that was one of those matches that was built up beautifully but the match was rubbish.
^ It was rubbish because Flair had no interest in carrying Hogan. Flair could wrestle and broom handle and make it look great. He disliked Hogan and the booking so bad, because Hogan would not do the Job, that Flair refused to make Hogan's moves look good.
Stardust Wrote:^ It was rubbish because Flair had no interest in carrying Hogan. Flair could wrestle and broom handle and make it look great. He disliked Hogan and the booking so bad, because Hogan would not do the Job, that Flair refused to make Hogan's moves look good.

I think it was Lou Theze(sp) that once said of Hogan "he doesn't know the difference between a wristlock and a wristwatch." All Hogan could do in the ring was talk. He made VKM a bundle just by doing that.
Stardust Vs Wildcatk23
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Stardust Vs Wildcatk23

Headlining Wrestlemania!
Jimmy Boogie Woogie Man Valiant/Jake The Snake Roberts vs Ivan Koloff /The Great Kabuki