Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alabama 68 - (12) Kentucky 66
Wildcatk23 Wrote:With kanter we would be.

i don't believe enis kanter (spelling?) would really make that much of a difference.

if the stories of Newton are true then why was he allowed to play but our boy isn't
Roll Tide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chelseafc Wrote:i don't believe enis kanter (spelling?) would really make that much of a difference.

if the stories of Newton are true then why was he allowed to play but our boy isn't

Nope, a lottery pick wouldn't help this team at all.

:flush:
chelseafc Wrote:i don't believe enis kanter (spelling?) would really make that much of a difference.

It's more than just Kanter that this team needs
This team needs trust...

They don't trust each other.
J-Rod Wrote:This team needs trust...

They don't trust each other.

I'm not sure I follow? I heard this term used about the Miami Heat yesterday, that Wade and Lebron don't trust their team mates to take the big shot. But I'm not sure how it relates to the UK team. What would be an example?
It just seems like the freshman Knight/Jones & Lamb always try to be "the guy" and it seems like they don't communicate with each teammates like they should.
J-Rod Wrote:It just seems like the freshman Knight/Jones & Lamb always try to be "the guy" and it seems like they don't communicate with each teammates like they should.

The only one I think is like this is TJ. Lamb and Knight are very unselfish, they always try to find the open man, and they often pass up shots for themselves and make the extra pass to give a teammate an ever better shot. TJ is a ballhog at times, he takes many ill advised shots, and IMO his stats are more important than the teams success. TJ's a great talent and he was the one who started the comeback this game, but imo his number 1 objective is getting drafted as high as possible, not UK's success.
J-Rod Wrote:It just seems like the freshman Knight/Jones & Lamb always try to be "the guy" and it seems like they don't communicate with each teammates like they should.

Gotcha. IMO, I don't think I blame that on being selfish, I blame that being a young team (they are Freshman, where they were all "the guy" last year), with no upperclassman leadership. And to get my dig it, I can certainly put that on coaching. You saw this last year as well with Cousins and and Wall (all Cousins, but he wanted the ball, and was not giving it up when he got it). The best example I can use to defend my "coaching" is the last play of the game for the Cats. If the Cats came out of a timeout, and the best play they could possibly draw up was what the Cats attempted, then there was definitely something wrong. With the time that was on the clock, even if that hand-off to Lamb is successful, the ball is moving away from the basket, instead of into the interior. It looked to me like we had no clue who we wanted to be "the Man" on that play. It was odd!

And for my buddy Benchwarmer, that play is another reason why I say Cal is not an X's & O's guy.
They don;t trust Miller who should have shot the last shot IMO.
Jones was not the go to guy on that play, I knew it was over soon as the ball was in his hands. I like Jones, he's a good player.. But his outside game is straight up garbage. I close my eyes and face palm soon as he throws up a 3.
how does this happen,lol, maybe some of these guys stay for next year..
After reading through these posts, we need to remember that this team is YOUNG. Their just freshman and this is a downfall to having the greatest recruiting class every year. You can't get in a bunch of guys that you are gonna trust at the end of the game when you need a big basket. You need a guy that's been through those moments, knows what to do, and wants to put the team on his back. We know that this team is amazingly talented. But we just need some experience when the game is on the line, in a tough environment, and the refs are not on your side. And as the season progresses we will get that and we will be just fine!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Umm, wasn't it a young team last year? Actually this team has more experience than last years "Young Team".
Stardust Wrote:^ Umm, wasn't it a young team last year? Actually this team has more experience than last years "Young Team".

Never said they weren't??? Yeah this team is more experienced then last years. But we still have 3 freshman that play huge minutes and have the ball in their hand most of the game.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Just like last year.
Stardust Wrote:^ Just like last year.

I don't get what your saying? I never said anything in my post about last years team. I know last years team was young. Never said they weren't.
#BBFL
^ We had the same team make-up last year and did not seem to have these issues.
Stardust Wrote:^ We had the same team make-up last year and did not seem to have these issues.

I had these same issues with last years team. Idk about everyone else.
#BBFL
^ Really? This team was 19-0 at this same time last year.