Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Urges Mubarak To Step Aside
The U.S. president said he had urged Mubarak to listen to those in his government and the pleading voices of his people, and decide if he's willing to accept a serious transition out of power.

I wonder why this knotthead cant see his own writing on the wall, worry about his own legacy, and make a premature exit himself?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110204/ap_o...s_us_egypt
Bob Seger Wrote:The U.S. president said he had urged Mubarak to listen to those in his government and the pleading voices of his people, and decide if he's willing to accept a serious transition out of power.

I wonder why this knotthead cant see his own writing on the wall, worry about his own legacy, and make a premature exit himself?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110204/ap_o...s_us_egypt
No one has stepped up and organized a huge uprising asking him to. Maybe he will, when the people vote him out. For now, the people have wanted him there, maybe in 2012 it will change. You think maybe the voters that voted him in want him to stay? I haven't saw any uprising asking him to leave. Just sayin....

BTW, if a better Democrat get's in the race in 2012, I'll help you get him out.
TheRealVille Wrote:No one has stepped up and organized a huge uprising asking him to. Maybe he will, when the people vote him out. For now, the people have wanted him there, maybe in 2012 it will change. You think maybe the voters that voted him in want him to stay? I haven't saw any uprising asking him to leave. Just sayin....

BTW, if a better Democrat get's in the race in 2012, I'll help you get him out.
I think the massive 2010 landslide Rebublican party election victory results is a pretty good indication that the American public is fed up and on the brink of rebellion, albeit somewhat civilized and anti violent at the moment. I do think we are virtual powder keg sitting here ready to go off though if this current administration does not change policy and course..

It kills my soul to say it but I really feel Hillary is a better choice than Obama.Although not my ultimate choice, I would be way more comfortable with her than Obama. Hopefully the Republican party can come up with a better choice than McCain/Palin, or as Hoot would say, Juan McCain.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think the massive 2010 landslide Rebublican party election victory results is a pretty good indication that the American public is fed up and on the brink of rebellion, albeit somewhat civilized and anti violent at the moment. I do think we are virtual powder keg sitting here ready to go off though if this current administration does not change policy and course..

It kills my soul to say it but I really feel Hillary is a better choice than Obama.Although not my ultimate choice, I would be way more comfortable with her than Obama. Hopefully the Republican party can come up with a better choice than McCain/Palin, or as Hoot would say, Juan McCain.
I can't lie, I was prepared to vote for McCain until he brought Palin into the picture. You might be surprised to know, even though I'm a Democrat, Obama and Bill Clinton(once) are the only Democrats that I have ever voted for in the President's race.
TheRealVille Wrote:I can't lie, I was prepared to vote for McCain until he brought Palin into the picture. You might be surprised to know, even though I'm a Democrat, Obama and Bill Clinton(once) are the only Democrats that I have ever voted for in the President's race.

lol...Yeah, that does surprise me.
Bob Seger Wrote:lol...Yeah, that does surprise me.
28 years of voting, and voted for Bill once, and Obama once. The rest were Republican votes.
TheRealVille Wrote:28 years of voting, and voted for Bill once, and Obama once. The rest were Republican votes.

Why are you so anti conservative with that kind of a voting history?
TheRealVille Wrote:I can't lie, I was prepared to vote for McCain until he brought Palin into the picture. You might be surprised to know, even though I'm a Democrat, Obama and Bill Clinton(once) are the only Democrats that I have ever voted for in the President's race.
I wouldnt be more shocked if you dropped two atomic bombs on my house right now. WOW, I would have never EVER guessed that. So you were a Reagan man? :1:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I wouldnt be more shocked if you dropped two atomic bombs on my house right now. WOW, I would have never EVER guessed that. So you were a Reagan man? :1:
Yes, on his 2nd term. I wasn't old enough on his 1st term. But, he did the best he could to destroy my way of living. I probably wouldn't have given him that 3rd term vote, if he had been allowed to run.
Bob Seger Wrote:Why are you so anti conservative with that kind of a voting history?
I'm not Bob, when it comes to economics. I'm more in the middle. I'm just very liberal, socially.
Are the people going to continue rioting until Mubarak steps down? Hopefully they won't, which would allow Egypt to restore order.

Please pray that no Islamic extremists take control of the government. I've heard that a person named Mohamed ElBaradei is interested in becoming the president of Egypt. He's known to be linked with the Islamic group "Muslim Brotherhood".
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Are the people going to continue rioting until Mubarak steps down? Hopefully they won't, which would allow Egypt to restore order.

Please pray that no Islamic extremists take control of the government. I've heard that a person named Mohamed ElBaradei is interested in becoming the president of Egypt. He's known to be linked with the Islamic group "Muslim Brotherhood".
Islamic extremists will take control in Egypt after Mubarek exits, if not immediately, then soon afterwards. ElBaradei has proven himself to be incompetent as a nuclear weapons inspector and even if his sympathies are not with the Muslim Brotherhood, he would either rely on them for the muscle to keep him in power or he would be removed and replaced in short order.

Egypt is a perfect example of history repeating itself. When the going got tough for the Shah of Iran, Jimmy Carter sided with the Muslim extremists and helped loosen the Shah's grip on power. Anybody who wants to know how the current situation in Egypt will play out needs only to study how Carter helped overthrow another strong American ally in the Middle East more than thirty years ago.

I hope for Mubarek's sake that when he flees his homeland, that he does not come to the United States seeking protection. To President Carter's credit, at least he refused to turn the Shah over to the blood thirsty Iranian Muslim thugs. I have no confidence that Obama would not return Mubarek to Egypt to face "Egyptian justice."
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Islamic extremists will take control in Egypt after Mubarek exits, if not immediately, then soon afterwards. ElBaradei has proven himself to be incompetent as a nuclear weapons inspector and even if his sympathies are not with the Muslim Brotherhood, he would either rely on them for the muscle to keep him in power or he would be removed and replaced in short order.

Egypt is a perfect example of history repeating itself. When the going got tough for the Shah of Iran, Jimmy Carter sided with the Muslim extremists and helped loosen the Shah's grip on power. Anybody who wants to know how the current situation in Egypt will play out needs only to study how Carter helped overthrow another strong American ally in the Middle East more than thirty years ago.

I hope for Mubarek's sake that when he flees his homeland, that he does not come to the United States seeking protection. To President Carter's credit, at least he refused to turn the Shah over to the blood thirsty Iranian Muslim thugs. I have no confidence that Obama would not return Mubarek to Egypt to face "Egyptian justice."

They're saying this would be very bad for Israel. However, I personally believe that they have the God of the bible on their side, so they don't have to worry. If you read the first post I made in the thread "Bible Prophecy: The War of Gog and Magog", you'll notice that God supernaturally protects them from what would be genocide of the Jewish people.
It's on the news now that Mubarak might step down soon.

If he does step down, then I really think the Muslim Brotherhood will take over. It won't matter if a dictator forces himself to become leader of Egypt or if there are democratic elections, I really think the Muslim Brotherhood will take over. If there are elections, it's very possible that Mohamed ElBaradei will become president, who is known to be linked with the Muslim Brotherhood.

Even if the Muslim Brotherhood doesn't take over Egypt, I would suppose that the leader of Egypt wouldn't like us (seeing that the people of Egypt don't like us very much). I encourage you guys to prepare for gas prices to go up. If they don't like us, they won't like it when other countries are using the Red Sea to help the US get oil. Hopefully gas prices won't go up, but just in case.
Reagan once said that what would most help Israel would be more Egypts.
He obviously would retract that comment if he were alive today. Egypt will be run either by the military or by community agitators (Obama's type of people).

Anyone watching the "gatherings" in Egypt would soon conclude that it is made up of masses of dullards who realize nothing other than the desire to be a part of a big demonstration. So, they get rid of Mubarek. Now what?
Unfortunately community agitators don't consider longterm effect of their actions.

Egypt is ripe for takeover by elements who are smarter than and more organized than the nuts in the streets. And, we know that won't require much in smarts or organization.

But, Obama seems to love this act of "democracy at work". After all, this is his kind of people. Community agitators always support community agitators.
All of this will almost assuredly be bad for Israel and the United States.