Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NASCAR Fantasy on RIVALS
The 2006 Nextel Cup revs off with the Daytona 500 beginning on Sunday, February 19.

We are starting this for the first time and the season will be broken up into two halves. The first 18 races will make up the first half (Daytona through Chicagoland - not counting the Nextel All-Star Challenge) and the remaining 18 races will make up the second half.

Members can jump in and play at any time. We're looking at prizes for each half's winner and an overall winner for adding each half, which is why members will be allowed to jump in and play at any time.

How to Play:
Post your weekly top ten finishing picks by car numbers only, since this will help out in our new scoring system. Ex: 18, 40, 12, 20, 8, 21, 9, 24, 2, 6. If they are not in this format, I will not accept them.

Scoring:
50 participation points for posting each week.
10 points for every driver you pick that finishes in the top ten, regardless of finishing order.
10 points for every driver you pick that correctly finishes in the spot you placed them.
5 bonus points for correctly picking the winner
5 bonus points for correctly picking seven drivers in the top ten

For example:
Your picks: 18, 40, 12, 20, 8, 22, 9, 24, 97, 17
How they finished: 18, 55, 45, 20, 8, 22, 17, 97, 24, 9

Participation: (50 points)
Top 10: #18, #20, #8, #22, #17, #97, #24, #9 (8 drivers = 80 points)
Exact Pick: #18, #8, #22 (3 drivers = 30 additional points)
Pick the winner: #18 (5 additional points)
Eight drivers in the top ten (5 additonal points)

Total for that week: (120 points)
Rules:
**You must have your picks in by Noon (ET), 11 (CT) on Sunday races and by 4 pm (ET), 3 pm (CT) on Saturday race days. I will not accept any posts after that time. This is a change from the past.

**You cannot ask another member to post your picks for you. You can send me your top ten picks in advance, if for some reason you know you will not be able to post them closer to the day of the race.
Everyone who thinks this is a good idea leave a message on here and let me know please......I done this before it was ALOT of fun and very challenging....so just let me know what ya think and If you think any changes should be made.....Ill also need some help scoring and R&B said he would help me but I could probably use one more...
sounds cool to me lets do it
Sounds good FB05
WOO HOO...we got some players I will be here every week doing it.....HONESTLY guys if you miss on week you are pretty much out of it for the winning position.....trust me I made this mistake....
I used to do a fantasy racing game myself, I have an excel spreadsheet already set up that I used to use. If you don't have an easy scoring system already set to add the scores up quick and easy. I had it set up for keeping the same drivers for half a season at a time but I'm sure with a little modification I could fix it up for this type of league you're talking about, you know changing drivers every week. Just let me know if you want me to do that, I don't care to fix it.
im in... this sport doesnt ever get the respect it deserves
"Johnny Ringo" Wrote:I used to do a fantasy racing game myself, I have an excel spreadsheet already set up that I used to use. If you don't have an easy scoring system already set to add the scores up quick and easy. I had it set up for keeping the same drivers for half a season at a time but I'm sure with a little modification I could fix it up for this type of league you're talking about, you know changing drivers every week. Just let me know if you want me to do that, I don't care to fix it.

AWSOME could you PM it to me and let me see what your talking about or just post it on here that would be a great idea....Or I have [email]msn-jason_03@hotmail.com[/email] [email]yahoo-jason_goble11@yahoo.com[/email] icq 223-107-755
feel free to add me ANYONE to ask me about this or just to shoot the bull
Now why in the hell would you want to shoot a bull? Smile
I have on my computer at work, I'll try to get it to you tomorrow. You'll only be dealing with the top 10 finishing positions in the race right?
yep only top 10
well beef did you want me to say shoot the S H I T and it be edited?
O.K. I'll try to fix it in the morning before everybody else comes into work. I had 80 people in the one I used to to and I could have it done in about 20 minutes every week. It will be a little different but I think it can be fixed pretty easily. How did you add the scores up before?
just look at the top 10 every week and see how many people picked them correctly and add it up
"football05" Wrote:just look at the top 10 every week and see how many people picked them correctly and add it up
I mean did you use a computer spreadsheet or what?
I will do it
Ringo add me to a messenger and ill tell u about it if u have one
this sounds fun but i have one question
what if you guess the whole top 10 corect order and all i doubt this will EVER happen but it is a possibility
"football05" Wrote:Ringo add me to a messenger and ill tell u about it if u have one
I don't have one, I'll put it on here. It's just an example, PM me about it.
sounds good
"MCHS_FBALL#14" Wrote:this sounds fun but i have one question
what if you guess the whole top 10 corect order and all i doubt this will EVER happen but it is a possibility

you would get 260 points for that week alone but I dont see this happening the most I ever got was 8 and like 6 in the same place....i got lucky....
this sounds cool i will give it a try
"cardinalfan27" Wrote:im in... this sport doesnt ever get the respect it deserves
its deserves alot more then it gets..........
sounds good
i'm in sounds like alot of fun
I Love The Idea...I'm In.
i'll do it
I'm in.

How late can you post your picks?? 1 hour before the race??
yes sports whiz 1 hour before the race begins

everyweek I will post a new thread having the times and stuff on there and saying what track we are at and whos last years winner was....if you have any other ?'s just ask
Count me in.
I'm in.