Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tna
I have tried watching TNA for the past 3 weeks, because I have friends that really enjoy this and talk about how it is so much better than RAW. I have to disagree.

Maybe the wrestling is slightly better, and I can see from watching old tapes from the 6-sided ring/AJ Styles prime, etc... that the wrestling was far superior, at one point. However, right now, it isn't really. The X division is great to watch but the gimmicks and angles and promos are SOOOO bad. For example:

Bully Ray? Shark-Boy? What?
The weird backstage camera angles
The same thing week after week with Angle flipping out on trash cans back stage.
etc......

Don't get me wrong, I will never complain about an extra day to watch wrestling. I remember at one time a person could watch Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and either Friday or Saturday morning. I sure miss those days.

Also, I am not saying that I am happy with the current state of wrestling, but while TNA is standing still, RAW is getting better.

The reason I say all of that is to ask this question. RIGHT NOW, if you could only watch one NON-Pay-Per-View show, would it be a TNA show or a WWE show?
TNA is rehashing the NWO days of WCW. Their workrate in the ring IMO is better than WWE, but their vignettes are cheesy at best.
I figured they were trying an nWo gimmick but I don't think they have the pop to pull it off. Maybe they bring back someone like Sting or try to work a deal with Hogan, but they need a huge draw to pull it off.
TNA's wrestling is far superior to WWE's but like you said, most of there gimmicks and story lines are pathetic.
From September to November, TNA was better but after they turned Hardy heel and started that whole immortals faction, it's just sucked. Flair and Hogan actually coexisting? that's just dumb.
WWE's got better here recently, a friend told me that Triple H was writing the shows. But when Orton was champion I couldn't bare to watch it.
Now that AJ Styles has gotten better on the mic, I'd love to see him go to WWE because he could take them to another level. It's doubtful it will ever happen though, he's already turned down Vince twice.
WWE has actually been improving lately, I thought 2010 was actually a strong year for WWE IMO.

Now they are starting a youth movement with The Miz as WWE Champion and now Dolph Ziggler is challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship, that is great to see IMO.

I do watch TNA but I think it's pretty crap TBH.

They rely to much the old guys & WWE has-beens, and don't focus alot on their ingrown talent.
I like the wrestling of people like Styles and Kazarian. I used to Youtube the matches.

BTW, I have seen it done before, but does anyone know where the t.v. ratings are at online? I thought about posting the ratings of each show and then comparing it to their time slot. I can't find a site though. Maybe a Nielsen site.
Try http://www.Prowrestling.com, they generally post it by mid-week.
Stardust Wrote:Try http://www.Prowrestling.com, they generally post it by mid-week.

I love that site. How could I forget it! Thanks.
J-Rod Wrote:WWE has actually been improving lately, I thought 2010 was actually a strong year for WWE IMO.

Now they are starting a youth movement with The Miz as WWE Champion and now Dolph Ziggler is challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship, that is great to see IMO.

I do watch TNA but I think it's pretty crap TBH.

They rely to much the old guys & WWE has-beens, and don't focus alot on their ingrown talent.

I thought it was a down year. Many of the ppv's weren't worth watching. I mean, WWE butchered the **** in a Cell ppv, how the heck is that even possible? lol Orton reign was boring and his gimmick has gotten dull. He don't do much for me as a good guy. I like where Miz is champion though however I don't think Ziggler is ready for the title shot he got.
Aslan Wrote:I thought it was a down year. Many of the ppv's weren't worth watching. I mean, WWE butchered the **** in a Cell ppv, how the heck is that even possible? lol Orton reign was boring and his gimmick has gotten dull. He don't do much for me as a good guy. I like where Miz is champion though however I don't think Ziggler is ready for the title shot he got.

I did not buy a single PPV in 2010. The only one that I was going to buy was Wrestlemania, but with being out of town at the time, it was not in the cards.

I love the Miz. Or should I say, I love that WWE is giving the Miz the chance to headline. It was months ago when a thread was started about WWE and how bad it had gotten. What I was critical of WWE is that their storylines and main-event guys were stale. I felt that Nexus was a very possitive move by the company, but felt they had to be willing to let others take the ball and either fail or succeed.

The WWE got into the mindset that they thought they were going to force onto the fan the WWE star. Wrestling has never been successful that way. It is the fan that makes the heels and the faces, and ultimately the stars.

Stone Cold is a great example of the fans refusing to make him a heel. The WWE wanted Austin to be the ultimate heel so they could have their ultimate "good guy", Bret Hart extinguish him, just like in the generations of old. Hogan was the ultimate good guy and the WWE created heels for him to vanquish. When Hart was the champion, the fans grew tired of the Hart/Michaels rivalry and the WWE had to have someone new. Austin was supposed to be that guy, but the fans dictated something different. If you remember, not just did Austin become the most popular wrestler ever, the fans turned Hart, he was one of the most popular wrestlers ever, into the ultimate heel. And it was Hart who was the eat your vitamins, say your prayers and play by the rules character.

I love how everyone say's that they hate Cena, Miz, CM Punk. That's awesome! Hate them, because when you hate them, they are doing their job! They are supposed to either make you Love or Hate them. The guy who fans could care less about, meaning they don't love or hate, has a name in the industry - JOBBER!
Stardust Wrote:I did not buy a single PPV in 2010. The only one that I was going to buy was Wrestlemania, but with being out of town at the time, it was not in the cards.

I love the Miz. Or should I say, I love that WWE is giving the Miz the chance to headline. It was months ago when a thread was started about WWE and how bad it had gotten. What I was critical of WWE is that their storylines and main-event guys were stale. I felt that Nexus was a very possitive move by the company, but felt they had to be willing to let others take the ball and either fail or succeed.

The WWE got into the mindset that they thought they were going to force onto the fan the WWE star. Wrestling has never been successful that way. It is the fan that makes the heels and the faces, and ultimately the stars.

Stone Cold is a great example of the fans refusing to make him a heel. The WWE wanted Austin to be the ultimate heel so they could have their ultimate "good guy", Bret Hart extinguish him, just like in the generations of old. Hogan was the ultimate good guy and the WWE created heels for him to vanquish. When Hart was the champion, the fans grew tired of the Hart/Michaels rivalry and the WWE had to have someone new. Austin was supposed to be that guy, but the fans dictated something different. If you remember, not just did Austin become the most popular wrestler ever, the fans turned Hart, he was one of the most popular wrestlers ever, into the ultimate heel. And it was Hart who was the eat your vitamins, say your prayers and play by the rules character.

I love how everyone say's that they hate Cena, Miz, CM Punk. That's awesome! Hate them, because when you hate them, they are doing their job! They are supposed to either make you Love or Hate them. The guy who fans could care less about, meaning they don't love or hate, has a name in the industry - JOBBER!

I agree with all of what you said, but REALLY agree with the bolded. Fans have always dictated the pop of a wrestler. WCW tried to do great things with Lance Storm, but he never got over with fans. WWE tried really hardly with the Masterpiece, but fans didn't react to him. Your right, you have to love them or hate them.

Also, have you ever noticed that WWE never tries to start a gimmick in Canada? Their fans pretty much like whoever they want, whether they are heel or face. I love it! :lmao: I remember they booed John Cena and the Rock when they were big time babyfaces.

CM Punk is a great personality for wrestling. Remember he was an underground legend. People LOVED him. He has quickly became one of the best heels in the WWE. Truly talented!
I watch PPV's for free, cause I'm cool like that Wink
CM Punk & Chris Jericho could easily ensue a riot, they are THAT good at being heel's.
LWC Wrote:I agree with all of what you said, but REALLY agree with the bolded. Fans have always dictated the pop of a wrestler. WCW tried to do great things with Lance Storm, but he never got over with fans. WWE tried really hardly with the Masterpiece, but fans didn't react to him. Your right, you have to love them or hate them.

Also, have you ever noticed that WWE never tries to start a gimmick in Canada? Their fans pretty much like whoever they want, whether they are heel or face. I love it! :lmao: I remember they booed John Cena and the Rock when they were big time babyfaces.

CM Punk is a great personality for wrestling. Remember he was an underground legend. People LOVED him. He has quickly became one of the best heels in the WWE. Truly talented!

He certainly is. He replaced Sabu in that distinction.
J-Rod Wrote:I watch PPV's for free, cause I'm cool like that Wink

Keep posting the site, or PM me
LWC Wrote:I agree with all of what you said, but REALLY agree with the bolded. Fans have always dictated the pop of a wrestler. WCW tried to do great things with Lance Storm, but he never got over with fans. WWE tried really hardly with the Masterpiece, but fans didn't react to him. Your right, you have to love them or hate them.

In the videos i've seen, people hated him. He would stop in the middle of a promo or match and bawl a fan out. One time, he stopped in the middle of a match and told a chubby kid that he wish his parents died. it killed me, lol. He had fans throwing stuff and cussing at him. That's the prime example of a heel.

J-Rod Wrote:CM Punk & Chris Jericho could easily ensue a riot, they are THAT good at being heel's.

Alberto Del Rio is a good one too.
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:In the videos i've seen, people hated him. He would stop in the middle of a promo or match and bawl a fan out. One time, he stopped in the middle of a match and told a chubby kid that he wish his parents died. it killed me, lol. He had fans throwing stuff and cussing at him. That's the prime example of a heel.

Alberto Del Rio is a good one too.

When I said loved, I was really meaning passionate about. And the ones I was talking about loving him are the PWI and underground fans. The ones that travel the Indy circuit, etc... the ones that look at skill and don't necessarily follow the writers notions, etc...
J-Rod Wrote:CM Punk & Chris Jericho could easily ensue a riot, they are THAT good at being heel's.

Yes they are, and that's why I love them. TongueirateSho
^ Jericho was awesome when he started the character in 2000
Alberto Del Rio is a good heel, but he's not the kinda heel that could ensue a riot like CM Punk & Chris Jericho yet.

I mean fans have literally attacked Punk & Jericho before.
Del Rio really has great potential. Being a great heel requires great mike-work. I think the fans hate him because of his goofy entrance's with the car and the announcer. Not sure people buy into his ability to get them going when he talks.

The era of the great managers, or should I say great talkers who were managers, is something that needs to come back. People hated Andre, but it wasn't because Andre attacked Hulk, it was because Andre sided with the dreaded Bobby "the Brain" Heenan. Heenan could incite a room of nuns. Guys like Heenan, Hart, Blassie, Conette, Paul E did all the mike-work for the wrestlers who could not talk.

The Midnight Express with Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane was HATED, but that was because of Jim Cornette and the promo's he would cut. Put the mike on Bobby Eaton and you got a better conversation by someone chewing rocks.

Give me back the Manager's!
I always wondered why the managers are not being used much. I would like a return as well. Look what Vicky is doing for Dolph.