Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7th and 8th Grade OVC Standings 1/24
Standings as of 1/24/11.
Looks like Elliott is reloading.
Raceland is now 5-3 and playing East Carter tonight, Elliott Saturday and Wurtland Monday. We also play Boyd again but that does not affect our the rankings. Lewis and Fairview still have to Elliott and other games too, so i have a good feeling that we will finish in second seed before the tourney. We lost to Lewis at Lewis, Fairview at Fairview and to Elliott. Had some kids missing in the losses, BUT we have a good feeling that ALL of them are back now!!
Go Rams, shooting for the 2 seed unless Fairview and Lewis can beat Elliott and we can focus on beating them Saturday. We should have been able to control our own destiny, but now we need help.
Actually I think Raceland is 7-3 they had a couple of games not turned in to be on those standings.
Raceland defeated West Carter on Tuesday and East Carter last night also. East Carter has come along way from the first game of the season, They are a very good solid HUGE team, Look for them to be a factor as is Fairview this year.

Raceland plays at Elliott on Saturday
Plays Wurtland at HOME on Monday and then Boyd County to finish our season.

So 2 more regular conference games to play.
Mason's 8th grade defeated Ironton on Sat. I think that will make Mason the #1 seed in the tourn. Sat. at Rowan Co.
Wurtland 7th and 8th plays at Raceland on Monday. I have also heard we play makeup games at Elliott County on Tuesday and at Fairview on Thursday but i am not 100 percent sure of these last two. Last week (Monday) the 7th and 8th lost games to Lewis County at home with the 8th going into overtime. They won home games on Tuesday and Thursday against Morgan County and Russell.
How good is Elliott Co. 7th grade. We(Louisa) play them in the opening round of the Middle School State Tournament.
They are small but play very smart ball. They move the ball well and can fill it up from outside if left open. They have a 6'3ish center who was injured but i am not sure if he is back playing. 4 or 5 of their 7th graders play alot of minutes on their 8th grade team with 2 of them starting.