Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys Middle School Tournament
Does anyone know when and where the Boys Middle School Area and County Tournaments will be held this year?
No area's this year, went to an all-county tourney will be at Johns Creek

Virgie the favored again.
Who is the best player on Virgies team this year?
It's a toss up between Ashley Hatfield and Taylor Newsome...
"NEXT" Wrote:No area's this year, went to an all-county tourney will be at Johns Creek

Virgie the favored again.

Why is the county tourneys always at Johns Creek. That is the absolute worse gym in the county. It's a fishbowl. Why not have it at Belfry Middle School. It has 3 times as much room.
I would have to agree with you PP...this gym is like playing in a box.
The dates of the tournament are February 11-16.
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:Why is the county tourneys always at Johns Creek. That is the absolute worse gym in the county. It's a fishbowl. Why not have it at Belfry Middle School. It has 3 times as much room.

We had it last year.......and Virgie, EC, and Pikeville didn't want to have it a BMS
"NEXT" Wrote:We had it last year.......and Virgie, EC, and Pikeville didn't want to have it a BMS

I'm sure the travel to Belfry is just too long for themConfusedhh: ...Tongueirate04: TongueirateSho
I fully understand that it rotates location. I just think that some gyms need to be taken out of the rotation.
Belfry's gym is no better then john's creek and it rotates every year so
"Ballchick" Wrote:Belfry's gym is no better then john's creek and it rotates every year so

Saying that is like saying that Rupp Arena is no better than Pikeville College's gym...

Johns Creek's gym is horrible. The players have 5 inches of out-of-bounds space before they run directly into a concrete wall....

I agree with taking certain gyms out of rotation and Johns Creek is one of them.
Floyd County is held at SFHS not sure on dates though
"Ballchick" Wrote:Belfry's gym is no better then john's creek and it rotates every year so

Belfry's gym has just as much parking(neither have alot), the floor is about 10 foot longer, and it seats about 3 times as much.

But IMHO its ok to have it there, it will be nice and loud.

The gyms that should have it are Elkhorn City, Virgie, Belfry and Johns Creek and maybe Dorton. Notice I left off Pikeville, well is the Pike County tourney and it is a priviledge for them to play..........and who like Pikeville anyway....I'm just joking about the last part:roses: