Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeff Fisher out as Titans Coach
Just reported by ESPN. Wonder if this means they will keep Vince Young or get rid of both?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6066144
Since Vince Young was gonna be gone. I figured that meant Fisher was gonna stay.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:Didn't see this coming. Fisher won't be out of a job long, he's a good coach.

Agreed
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Since Vince Young was gonna be gone. I figured that meant Fisher was gonna stay.

I'm dumbfounded! I thought that was exactly the plan. I thought from the beginning Fisher said it's either him or me, and the Titans chose Fisher! WOW!
How long did Fisher coach the Titans? Seems like he's been there forever.
I didn't see this one coming?
I thought I saw on ESPN that the Titans have until February 7th to decide on Vince Young. Basically, they can still keep Vince if they choose to do so.
Old School Wrote:How long did Fisher coach the Titans? Seems like he's been there forever.

16 years
Stardust Wrote:I'm dumbfounded! I thought that was exactly the plan. I thought from the beginning Fisher said it's either him or me, and the Titans chose Fisher! WOW!

And it was a bad decision if you ask me.
#BBFL
Its about Time.
Very Shocking, I seen where the Titans still plan on releasing/trading VY. I'm a big fan of Fisher. I'll cheer for him everywhere he ends up at but I'm exciting to see who they bring in for QB and coach. I hope the new era takes us to the Superbowl.
MVP2 Wrote:Very Shocking, I seen where the Titans still plan on releasing/trading VY. I'm a big fan of Fisher. I'll cheer for him everywhere he ends up at but I'm exciting to see who they bring in for QB and coach. I hope the new era takes us to the Superbowl.

You have a very good team.
Any word on who they could bring in?
I am happy for Fisher. I think he and the Titans needed to part ways. Give hima year or two and he will be back in coaching somewhere.
Jarons Wrote:16 years

Thanks, I knew he was there a long time, but I didn't realize it had been 16 years.
Fisher was actually with the team 17 years. (1994-2010)
I read somewhere that the Titans are going to try hard to get Nick Saban. I'm not sure if that is very true or not. Saban has a 15-17 record as a head coach in the NFL.
MVP2 Wrote:I read somewhere that the Titans are going to try hard to get Nick Saban. I'm not sure if that is very true or not. Saban has a 15-17 record as a head coach in the NFL.

I just can't see him leaving Alabama. But would be a good hire for the Titans.
#BBFL
^^

Me either, I'd be very shocked if Saban did leave Bama. I dont see him going anywhere.
Word has it , that Mike Munchak is the leading canidate for the HC vanacy. Munchak is the current Oline coach for the Titans. Another interested name that could be interviewed is Gregg Willams the DC for the Saints. I believe the Titans are going to try to name a coach on Friday.
I dont understand that at all, why did he get fired and not Marvin Lewis??????
In The Trenches Wrote:I dont understand that at all, why did he get fired and not Marvin Lewis??????

I dont think Fisher was fired. More like "parted ways". Fisher resigned.
Has anyone heard anything about them snatching up Mike Tice from Chicago.
I heard he was looking for a head coaching job a while back.
He did some great things with the Vikings.
bad decision by the Titans, Vince Young has no potential so hopefully they get rid of him also.
^

They plan too.