Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Louisville: Do you root for them?
The question that I pose is simple this:

When Louisville is NOT playing against Kentucky, do you root for them? Yes or No. Feel free to elaborate on your answers.
No I don't. Unless they are playing these two teams. If Louisville is playing UNC or WVU then yes I hope Cards win, other than that no I hope they lose every single game.
No I hate Louisville. Plain and simple I don't like anything about them period.
Only if they play Duke..so never.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Only if they play Duke..so never.

I wouldn't waste the time to see Duke playing Louisville.
Yes. I still follow Pitino. Having some of the in state talent is exciting to see. I think with Calipari here, we will never see in state guys where Blue again. We know that Pitino likes to keep in state guys on his roster. Pitino means so much to the UK Basketball program, I can never ever root against him, except when he is coaching against them!
I was hoping I was not the only person to root for Louisville. I do not like Rick Pitino but I like UL. They are a VERY distant 2nd team to me. I enjoy watching them like I enjoy watching Minnesota. I think that I like the Gophers a little more than UL.
Stardust Wrote:Yes. I still follow Pitino. Having some of the in state talent is exciting to see. I think with Calipari here, we will never see in state guys where Blue again. We know that Pitino likes to keep in state guys on his roster. Pitino means so much to the UK Basketball program, I can never ever root against him, except when he is coaching against them!
Once Pitino started in Louisville he was dead to me. Yes I know what he did for the program but now all he does is hurt us.
Stardust Wrote:Yes. I still follow Pitino. Having some of the in state talent is exciting to see. I think with Calipari here, we will never see in state guys where Blue again. We know that Pitino likes to keep in state guys on his roster. Pitino means so much to the UK Basketball program, I can never ever root against him, except when he is coaching against them!

LWC Wrote:I was hoping I was not the only person to root for Louisville. I do not like Rick Pitino but I like UL. They are a VERY distant 2nd team to me. I enjoy watching them like I enjoy watching Minnesota. I think that I like the Gophers a little more than UL.

Yes, I root for Louisville. I was never a fan until Pitino became the coach. I don't see why Kentucky fans hate Pitino so much, after all he left UK for the NBA not Lousiville.
I root for Louisville like i do for Johnson Central, only when they arent playing against the blue and white.
Yes, I do.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I dont got a problem with Louisville. So, Yeah I cheer for UL if they aren't playing UK. I still like Pitino and Tubby. I root for both of them to win rather than say I'm a fan of UL and Minn.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Once Pitino started in Louisville he was dead to me. Yes I know what he did for the program but now all he does is hurt us.

I have to agree with you. I was a UofL fan and almost went to school there before decided to accept offer to go to UK. Just can't get over a UK coach going to biggest rival. I also have a brother who is a UofL grad (he is the slow one in the family) so there is alot of good natured banter between the two of us and his wife who is a UK grad.
When they are not playing against Kentucky I will root for them sometimes only because of Elisha. I like to see any kid from the mountains go to a D-1 school and get playing time as a freshman. I think he will be a very productive player for Louisville a few years down the road and once he gets some well needed experience on the college level.
yes, i like Louisville alot except when they aren't playing UK
NO...but I root for NO other B-Ball team in College Basketball either. I may have interest in the game if will effect the Cats in some way, other wise I root for no one else.

In NCAA Football there are probably 15-20 schools that I like, follow and root for, but that is Football Only!
NO... however I do root for Elisha to succeed.
LWC Wrote:The question that I pose is simple this:

When Louisville is NOT playing against Kentucky, do you root for them? Yes or No. Feel free to elaborate on your answers.

NO.
I hate anything Lville or Tenn.
Other than that I dont mind any other teams.
I dont like Ohio St. or Duke but not as much as i hate the other two.
I dont know why so many are caught up on Duke and hating them, dont get me wrong i dont like them at all either, but its not like were rivals with them at anything.
i know, right? Wrote:When they are not playing against Kentucky I will root for them sometimes only because of Elisha. I like to see any kid from the mountains go to a D-1 school and get playing time as a freshman. I think he will be a very productive player for Louisville a few years down the road and once he gets some well needed experience on the college level.

Same here!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
BlackcatAlum Wrote:NO... however I do root for Elisha to succeed.

Best post I've seen on this thread yet.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Best post I've seen on this thread yet.

Well if you like that one. You should love post #14. By i know, right?
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Well if you like that one. You should love post #14. By i know, right?

I liked BCA's flat out "NO" response.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I liked BCA's flat out "NO" response.

Ohh, haha. My bad.
#BBFL
No.
No.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:NO... however I do root for Elisha to succeed.
I wish he would score 50 a game for them but lose every single game he plays.
It all depends who they are playing. The majority of the time no. UNC, is the only non Big East school that I will root for the Cards. However, I will root for the Cards against many of the Big East schools. I particularly like most of the Northeastern schools such as UCONN, Syracuse, St. John's, Georgetown, etc.
Old School Wrote:Yes, I root for Louisville. I was never a fan until Pitino became the coach. I don't see why Kentucky fans hate Pitino so much, after all he left UK for the NBA not Lousiville.

I liked Darrel Griffith, so I loved to watch him. I did not like the "Never Nervous" Pervis team until they made the Final Four, then I was a fan of theirs to win it all. Denny Crum to me had the very best scheduling mentality of any coach around an is the reason why we have some very tough non-conference games to start seasons. Denny knew that the Metro was BAD. So he loaded his schedule at the beginning of the season with great competition. He was ahead of his time in that respect.
Nooooooooooooooooooo
Sure do. I root for all the in state teams. I want UL and UK to be one of the nations top rivalry's again. It's lost it's luster to me in the last few years. I don't see why more UK fans don't cheer for UL.