Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Celtics 109 Lakers 96
Game was closer than the score. The Celtics just exploded in the 4th. Celtics bigs dominated LA's. Pierce had 32 and Kobe had 41. Kobe was seriously the only guy in gold that showed up to play.
Final
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
BTW Kobe eclipsed 27,000 points in this game.
I can't see anybody beating the Celtics in the playoffs. Too much size, depth, and experience.
Great game! With the Lakers down by only six, Kobe shoots them out of the game, taking bad shot after bad shot down the stretch. For the game, the Celtics dished out 34 assists and the Lakers had only 10. Kobe? Zero.

The result was that Boston shot 60% from the field and won going away on the Lakers' home court.
Lakers big men wasn't even trying. Trotting up and down the court. While Perkins, Garnett, and Big Baby were rim-running.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Lakers big men wasn't even trying. Trotting up and down the court. While Perkins, Garnett, and Big Baby were rim-running.
That happens sometimes when the big men don't get fed. :biggrin:

I wondered if maybe Phil took Gasol and Bynham our of the game late and left Bryant in as a reminder to Kobe that they were on the floor. The announcers said that he "went small" but it was a bit too late for him to be trying to win with a smaller lineup when he made the substitutions, IMO.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Great game! With the Lakers down by only six, Kobe shoots them out of the game, taking bad shot after bad shot down the stretch. For the game, the Celtics dished out 34 assists and the Lakers had only 10. Kobe? Zero.

The result was that Boston shot 60% from the field and won going away on the Lakers' home court.

Dude are you serious? Kobe got them back INTO the game. I know you don't like Kobe but look at this realistically. Without him they lose this game by 25+. He had to attempt to take the game over. And the Lakers big got fed quite enough. Gasol, suppose to be LA's best big man, went 5-13 from the field, had 12 points, and two turnovers. The Celtics bigs dominated the paint, they wanted it more, and Kobe had to take more shots than he would have liked too. He still shot a great FG% going 16-29 from the field (55%).
MisterPerfect Wrote:Lakers big men wasn't even trying. Trotting up and down the court. While Perkins, Garnett, and Big Baby were rim-running.

It was pitiful. The Lakers won't even make it out of the West unless they get better play in the paint. And Artest was just out of it today, Pierce had his way with him.
Aslan Wrote:Dude are you serious? Kobe got them back INTO the game. I know you don't like Kobe but look at this realistically. Without him they lose this game by 25+. He had to attempt to take the game over. And the Lakers big got fed quite enough. Gasol, suppose to be LA's best big man, went 5-13 from the field, had 12 points, and two turnovers. The Celtics bigs dominated the paint, they wanted it more, and Kobe had to take more shots than he would have liked too. He still shot a great FG% going 16-29 from the field (55%).
Nobody but a Kobe fan could watch the last three minutes of that game and come away not thinking that Kobe shot the Lakers out of any chance they had of winning the game. His shot selection down the stretch was horrible, committed an offensive foul in an out of control drive to the basket, and I don't recall him making a pass to a teammate in the last couple of minutes of the game. Big game and Kobe came up small at the end of the game.
I only got to see the first half. And Celtics blew a huge lead.
Watched the 4th Quarter. Kobe took way top many contested shots in the final minutes. He wouldnt pass the ball to anyone. But the way his team mates played u cant hardly blame him. Wait yes u can, pass the ball kobe.
Aslan Wrote:It was pitiful. The Lakers won't even make it out of the West unless they get better play in the paint. And Artest was just out of it today, Pierce had his way with him.

Don't pay attention to him bro.
He's turning into a troll that just spews hate on Kobe every chance he gets.
From this point forward I say we go ahead and implement the faction and go full out heel on these haters:redboxer:
Lakers are 1-5 against the top 5 teams in the league right now.

0-1 Spurs
0-1 Heat
0-1 Celtics
1-1-Bulls
0-1 Mavs
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Nobody but a Kobe fan could watch the last three minutes of that game and come away not thinking that Kobe shot the Lakers out of any chance they had of winning the game. His shot selection down the stretch was horrible, committed an offensive foul in an out of control drive to the basket, and I don't recall him making a pass to a teammate in the last couple of minutes of the game. Big game and Kobe came up small at the end of the game.

Did you not watch the entire game? Kobe kept them in the game! Nobody showed any signs of helping him offensively or defensively. He did take bad shots down the stretch but his teammates did not show up to play period. He carried the team all day, had 41 points, but since he took a few bad shots down the stretch that's the ONLY thing you point out. He was making those shots the entire game too. Without Kobe, LA loses by 25+, there's no denying that.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't pay attention to him bro.
He's turning into a troll that just spews hate on Kobe every chance he gets.
From this point forward I say we go ahead and implement the faction and go full out heel on these haters:redboxer:
It's about that time brother.
MVP2 Wrote:Lakers are 1-5 against the top 5 teams in the league right now.

0-1 Spurs
0-1 Heat
0-1 Celtics
1-1-Bulls
0-1 Mavs

If LA don't get any production from there bigs, I don't seee them making it out of the West.
Aslan Wrote:Did you not watch the entire game? Kobe kept them in the game! Nobody showed any signs of helping him offensively or defensively. He did take bad shots down the stretch but his teammates did not show up to play period. He carried the team all day, had 41 points, but since he took a few bad shots down the stretch that's the ONLY thing you point out. He was making those shots the entire game too. Without Kobe, LA loses by 25+, there's no denying that.
Mr. Clutch had the ball in his hands with about 5 minutes to go and his team down by only 6 points. By the time that he was done shooting, the Lakers were down by 16 points. Kobe hit 5 of 11 shots in the fourth quarter and at least half those shots were bad ones. He took the Lakers only shot on 10 consecutive possessions as the Celtics put on a clinic on the other end of the floor.

He turned the other Lakers who were on the floor into spectators. That is what Kobe does. Sometimes his bad shots down the stretch fall but yesterday they were clanging off the rim. It is only a matter of time before Kobe blasts his teammates publicly for not giving him more support - or demands that the Lakers make some changes to get him a better supporting cast. We have all seen how things play out when things are not going well for the Lakers.
^ 10 Consecutive possessions! Phil can't wait till this season is over!
If LA don't get any production from there bigs, I don't seee them making it out of the West.
I've been preaching it all season long..
They will be in the playoffs..
But it's very possible to get paired up with OKC and get the boot early the way they have been playing.

On a side note, it was a great Sunday in the NBA Smile
Ballers Wrote:If LA don't get any production from there bigs, I don't seee them making it out of the West.
I've been preaching it all season long..
They will be in the playoffs..
But it's very possible to get paired up with OKC and get the boot early the way they have been playing.

On a side note, it was a great Sunday in the NBA Smile

The Thunder are the last of the Lakers worries....
The Laker big men will have a field day with them just like everyone else in the NBA does in the paint against them
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Mr. Clutch had the ball in his hands with about 5 minutes to go and his team down by only 6 points. By the time that he was done shooting, the Lakers were down by 16 points. Kobe hit 5 of 11 shots in the fourth quarter and at least half those shots were bad ones. He took the Lakers only shot on 10 consecutive possessions as the Celtics put on a clinic on the other end of the floor.

He turned the other Lakers who were on the floor into spectators. That is what Kobe does. Sometimes his bad shots down the stretch fall but yesterday they were clanging off the rim. It is only a matter of time before Kobe blasts his teammates publicly for not giving him more support - or demands that the Lakers make some changes to get him a better supporting cast. We have all seen how things play out when things are not going well for the Lakers.

If I was Kobe I was ask for someone to step up too....
Bynum is a waste of space right now and Gasol is in a slump.
Kobe shoots 55% from the field and drops 40+ and you say that he cost them the game?!?!
You are out of your ever-loving mind!
And I don't see Kobe asking for a better supporting cast because the only time he has asked for that is when he was playing with Kwame freaking Brown and Smush Parker was the starting PG.
The Lakers have everything in place to win a championship but they aren't playing well right now with the exception of Kobe, but that doesn't worry me in the least.
It doesn't matter who they are playing, they can beat them in a 7-game series because they have the talent, depth, and coaching to beat anyone.
zaga_fan Wrote:The Thunder are the last of the Lakers worries....
The Laker big men will have a field day with them just like everyone else in the NBA does in the paint against them

OK, texting Durant your comments.
zaga_fan Wrote:If I was Kobe I was ask for someone to step up too....
Bynum is a waste of space right now and Gasol is in a slump.
Kobe shoots 55% from the field and drops 40+ and you say that he cost them the game?!?!
You are out of your ever-loving mind!
And I don't see Kobe asking for a better supporting cast because the only time he has asked for that is when he was playing with Kwame freaking Brown and Smush Parker was the starting PG.
The Lakers have everything in place to win a championship but they aren't playing well right now with the exception of Kobe, but that doesn't worry me in the least.
It doesn't matter who they are playing, they can beat them in a 7-game series because they have the talent, depth, and coaching to beat anyone.
In the last five minutes of the game, with the game still in doubt, Kobe decided to go 1-on-5 and lost. I don't care how bad you think your teammates are, when you take 10 straight shots, their enthusiasm is going to take a big hit on both ends of the court.

I think his teammates quit on him when Kobe reminded them again how little respect he has for them. If the shoe were on somebody else's foot, you would be yelling, "Ball hog!," but there is a different set of rules when it comes to evaluating Kobe's performance (or lack thereof). Just one man's opinion.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:In the last five minutes of the game, with the game still in doubt, Kobe decided to go 1-on-5 and lost. I don't care how bad you think your teammates are, when you take 10 straight shots, their enthusiasm is going to take a big hit on both ends of the court.

I think his teammates quit on him when Kobe reminded them again how little respect he has for them. If the shoe were on somebody else's foot, you would be yelling, "Ball hog!," but there is a different set of rules when it comes to evaluating Kobe's performance (or lack thereof). Just one man's opinion.

If someone else scored 41 points on 56% shooting against the best team in the league, I most definitely would not criticize there performance.
Aslan Wrote:Game was closer than the score. The Celtics just exploded in the 4th. Celtics bigs dominated LA's. Pierce had 32 and Kobe had 41. Kobe was seriously the only guy in gold that showed up to play.

the way Collin Cowheard talked today on radio this game wasnt close...any