Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LC's Chandler Shepherd named All-American
Just heard the great news that coach told Shepherd at practice last week, this is a great young man who works his butt off. Congratulations to Shep and his family.:rockon:
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Just heard the great news that coach told Shepherd at practice last week, this is a great young man who works his butt off. Congratulations to Shep and his family.:rockon:

At practice???

Dont you know that you cant practice until February 15th? Unless you are mistaken that is a direct violation of KHSAA rules.
I called it practice but it wasn't they don't start practice until Feb 15th is what the coach told me. It was weight training and talking. dont you have anything good to say
Seger was just stating a fact. People need to be careful what is said on these forums, the KHSAA may me monitoring themselves.

Congrats Chandler, he is a special talent. Cant wait for my Panthers to beat an All-American. Dont take this wrong, but it will only add to the rivalry.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I called it practice but it wasn't they don't start practice until Feb 15th is what the coach told me. It was weight training and talking. dont you have anything good to say

What did I say that wasn't good? Did I not say, "unless you are mistaken" ?

Perhaps since you get corrected so much on here concerning most things (anything relating to baseball in particular), you're just being paranoid. :biggrin:

Just having fun Mr. grad. Dont take it soo serious.
Just curious, whose All American team is he on?
TPX louisville slugger all american team....

and your panthers will do no such thing with him on the mound,
tpx louisville slugger all american team!

your panthers dont stand a chance with him on the hill!!!
SweetTea Wrote:tpx louisville slugger all american team!

your panthers dont stand a chance with him on the hill!!!

Thanks for the info, but "my panthers" ? You obviously have me confused with someone else.

You may be right, but Paintsville and Johnson Central both didn't have a problem a couple of years ago, and the 2011 Pikeville team is obviously better than the 2009 teams of both of the other schools that beat him.
LOL.... Play nice boys! Congrats to Chandler... AND... IF I'm not mistaken, that is what the thread title states in a "round about way"... SO..... quit the bickering and give the young man his congrats!!! hahahaha.... Smile

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:LOL.... Play nice boys! Congrats to Chandler... AND... IF I'm not mistaken, that is what the thread title states in a "round about way"... SO..... quit the bickering and give the young man his congrats!!! hahahaha.... Smile

I think all is cool PHS. I dont think anyone is being too overly serious. At least I dont think so anyways.
Oh this thread is most interesting indeed. Yes the concept of "Practice" is especially so. A review of Webster yields a general definition of the concept while being specific enough to let us beieve that it is in someway actions, that when performed may be beneficial in the enhancement of certain skills. Now a number of concepts should be given consideration. Is practice running, because there seems to be a lot in baseball? Is it practice when you work the core on a weight pile to have a stronger swing? Is it a scrimmage with another team? Is it when two players or more decide to go somewhere and long toss? Could it be when the magical Genie (Coach) works his spell of perfection? Finally could it be a concept to have fun with on these cold winter evenings? Mr. Sieger should not be confused with a Bulldawg nor a Panther to that we can be sure. An enhancement of the Pikeville LC game is most welcome and certainly assured. One thing you can be certain of and that is Chan The Man is the real deal. 16 then 18 now.
Being named to this list is great publicity for Chandler. I hope the people around him keep him level headed and working hard. Way to many times kids get complacent when they achieve success and they then get lazy. With all that being said these preseason lists mean absolutely nothing. Here is to a great season for Chandler and more importantly LC.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Oh this thread is most interesting indeed. Yes the concept of "Practice" is especially so. A review of Webster yields a general definition of the concept while being specific enough to let us beieve that it is in someway actions, that when performed may be beneficial in the enhancement of certain skills. Now a number of concepts should be given consideration. Is practice running, because there seems to be a lot in baseball? Is it practice when you work the core on a weight pile to have a stronger swing? Is it a scrimmage with another team? Is it when two players or more decide to go somewhere and long toss? Could it be when the magical Genie (Coach) works his spell of perfection? Finally could it be a concept to have fun with on these cold winter evenings? Mr. Sieger should not be confused with a Bulldawg nor a Panther to that we can be sure. An enhancement of the Pikeville LC game is most welcome and certainly assured. One thing you can be certain of and that is Chan The Man is the real deal. 16 then 18 now.
Very true in all respects, but then again Austin Lyons and Cody Parker: "16 then 18 now", as well.
Congrats Chan. Been fun watching him the past 6-7 years.

As to 'practice', go for it. Not the only team that does it.
Bob Seger Wrote:Very true in all respects, but then again Austin Lyons and Cody Parker: "16 then 18 now", as well.

lyons is a freshman in college and parker doesnt even compare to shep, neither does jackson or anyone else in the 15th region. they are all good but shep is elite, hes the all american, hes going to uk(SEC) they arent.
sorry
yes teams have a shot at beating LC im not saying there are unbeatable, but with shep on the mound this year i dont see any team in the 15th beating them.
and they matchup great with anyone else when shep isnt pitching,
looking forward to pikeville vs LC in the 15th championship.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:Oh this thread is most interesting indeed. Yes the concept of "Practice" is especially so. A review of Webster yields a general definition of the concept while being specific enough to let us beieve that it is in someway actions, that when performed may be beneficial in the enhancement of certain skills. Now a number of concepts should be given consideration. Is practice running, because there seems to be a lot in baseball? Is it practice when you work the core on a weight pile to have a stronger swing? Is it a scrimmage with another team? Is it when two players or more decide to go somewhere and long toss? Could it be when the magical Genie (Coach) works his spell of perfection? Finally could it be a concept to have fun with on these cold winter evenings? Mr. Sieger should not be confused with a Bulldawg nor a Panther to that we can be sure. An enhancement of the Pikeville LC game is most welcome and certainly assured. One thing you can be certain of and that is Chan The Man is the real deal. (((((((((((((((((16 then 18 now.)))))))))))

overall great post! :Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Clap::Clap:
SweetTea Wrote:lyons is a freshman in college and parker doesnt even compare to shep, neither does jackson or anyone else in the 15th region. they are all good but shep is elite, hes the all american, hes going to uk(SEC) they arent.
sorry
yes teams have a shot at beating LC im not saying there are unbeatable, but with shep on the mound this year i dont see any team in the 15th beating them.
and they matchup great with anyone else when shep isnt pitching,
looking forward to pikeville vs LC in the 15th championship.

Lyons may be a freshman in college, but I dont think he turns 19 until July, and Parker may not be as good. BUT when Chandler went up against either one of them, dont care where he is going or if he is on the All Fallsburg Team, he is the one that got tagged with the "L". Not them. You made the statement that the Panthers didn't stand a chance against him. Maybe not, but the Eagles and the Tigers sure did with pitchers exactly his own age. You never know what can happen. LC better be able to score some runs against some of the Panther slingers too. I'm just not sure they are all that strong in that department. I guess we'll see.
Bob Seger Wrote:Lyons may be a freshman in college, but I dont think he turns 19 until July, and Parker may not be as good. BUT when Chandler went up against either one of them, dont care where he is going or if he is on the All Fallsburg Team, he is the one that got tagged with the "L". Not them. You made the statement that the Panthers didn't stand a chance against him. Maybe not, but the Eagles and the Tigers sure did with pitchers exactly his own age. You never know what can happen. LC better be able to score some runs against some of the Panther slingers too. I'm just not sure they are all that strong in that department. I guess we'll see.
A correct post post Mr.S. The only thing to add is that one of the players has passed the mile marker of his senior year and gone into the next realm. The other two anxiously await the dawning of their last high school year (as is Jackson). After the 2011 season perhaps the guage would best be applied. That way the past,present and future could be evaluated. Finally we will of cource see.That is why the games are played and winners not assigned. And to Chandler Shepherd Congrats on Connie Mack World Series Champ, All American Status, U.K. Signee and "NICE YOUNG MAN".
BGR is becoming more like Topix! We've got a kid from Eastern Ky that is an All American and people start talking trash. For once can't people just say congrats to a great kid that has absolutly worked his tail off and overcome adversity most of us will never know?
Congrats Chan! I've always been proud of you and this is another great feat! Stay hungry + confident! Best of luck this year to you and LC!
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:A correct post post Mr.S. The only thing to add is that one of the players has passed the mile marker of his senior year and gone into the next realm. The other two anxiously await the dawning of their last high school year (as is Jackson). After the 2011 season perhaps the guage would best be applied. That way the past,present and future could be evaluated. Finally we will of cource see.That is why the games are played and winners not assigned. And to Chandler Shepherd Congrats on Connie Mack World Series Champ, All American Status, U.K. Signee and "NICE YOUNG MAN".
P.S. Walter Johnson,Nolan Ryan,Jim Palmer and Tom Seaver. You know what these guys and A.Lyons,C.Parker, C.Shepherd and Z.Jackson all have in common? They all have L's on their stat sheets. It is what is done with the "L"that makes a difference.
I think it is very important to give congrats to Chandler!! I think like everyone said he is the elite pitcher in Eastern Kentucky. I think it is also relevant to state that he got this "All American" status without really throwing a pitch since he was a sophomore, and his stats were probably better his freshman year. The fact that he had surgery does play a part in this and does maybe put Pikeville on a level playing field when he is on the mound? Pikeville proved last season they can compete with anyone. They had a "who's going to blink first" game in the All "A" last year against Lexington Christian as well as a great run in the tourny. I think that experience alone puts them on a level playing field? Chandler is by far the best pitcher in the region, that's really not up for debate, but just because he is on the mound doesnt mean Pikeville can't win? If anything with LC sitting at home last season watching the Panthers move on maybe even puts the edge over to Pikeville? Just remember you still have to score atleast one run no matter who's on the mound?
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:P.S. Walter Johnson,Nolan Ryan,Jim Palmer and Tom Seaver. You know what these guys and A.Lyons,C.Parker, C.Shepherd and Z.Jackson all have in common? They all have L's on their stat sheets. It is what is done with the "L"that makes a difference.

I agree, but with a little less arrogance from the out of control Lawrence Co. teeny bopper crowd a lot more people would be able to root for Lawrence in a lot of different things.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think it is very important to give congrats to Chandler!! I think like everyone said he is the elite pitcher in Eastern Kentucky. I think it is also relevant to state that he got this "All American" status without really throwing a pitch since he was a sophomore, and his stats were probably better his freshman year. The fact that he had surgery does play a part in this and does maybe put Pikeville on a level playing field when he is on the mound? Pikeville proved last season they can compete with anyone. They had a "who's going to blink first" game in the All "A" last year against Lexington Christian as well as a great run in the tourny. I think that experience alone puts them on a level playing field? Chandler is by far the best pitcher in the region, that's really not up for debate, but just because he is on the mound doesnt mean Pikeville can't win? If anything with LC sitting at home last season watching the Panthers move on maybe even puts the edge over to Pikeville? Just remember you still have to score atleast one run no matter who's on the mound?
But he did throw one pitch Jackrabbit. I think a lot of the status and recognition goes from a pitch that he threw in a showcase in Jupiter, Florida. When you hit 93 on the gun after Tommy John surgery scouts take notice. They dont care if you throw it over the backstop. While I dont really know if it's better take a kid who be able to throw 90+ and dont really know how to pitch or take a kid that throws 87 with a live arm and a wealth of pitching saavy and work on his velocity, but the fact is that most scouts are arrogant enough to think they can teach anyone anything. Thank goodness there have been a few Greg Maddox's come through to humble those that think the former.
Bob Seger Wrote:I agree, but with a little less arrogance from the out of control Lawrence Co. teeny bopper crowd a lot more people would be able to root for Lawrence in a lot of different things.
You are absolutely correct in this post. I could not agree more.:Clap:
Bob Seger Wrote:But he did throw one pitch Jackrabbit. I think a lot of the status and recognition goes from a pitch that he threw in a showcase in Jupiter, Florida. When you hit 93 on the gun after Tommy John surgery scouts take notice. They dont care if you throw it over the backstop. While I dont really know if it's better take a kid who be able to throw 90+ and dont really know how to pitch or take a kid that throws 87 with a live arm and a wealth of pitching saavy and work on his velocity, but the fact is that most scouts are arrogant enough to think they can teach anyone anything. Thank goodness there have been a few Greg Maddox's come through to humble those that think the former.

Im not arguing that point. Whether Chandler gets clocked at 87 or 93 MPH he is still the smart kid he always has been. That may be what did it as well. He is not only a powerful pitcher but he is a smart pitcher as well, and Chandler I believe has a great future ahead of him? That wasn't my point at all. I'm saying that regardless of that, there are quite a few saying that all LC has to do is put Shep on the mound and they'll win and that just simply is not the case. Pville has proven themselves worthy of respect and I think it's about time they started getting some from people? If not, well LC can just do what they did last year.....watch the Panthers play at Applebees from the stands!!
bulldog42 Wrote:BGR is becoming more like Topix! We've got a kid from Eastern Ky that is an All American and people start talking trash. For once can't people just say congrats to a great kid that has absolutly worked his tail off and overcome adversity most of us will never know?
Congrats Chan! I've always been proud of you and this is another great feat! Stay hungry + confident! Best of luck this year to you and LC!

I noticed you lambasted your own fans on the football thread Bulldog. Perhaps if the mentality of your average Lawrence Co. fan was more of the been there done that before attitude, perhaps more people would be willing to be a little more heartfelt. Perhaps you could suggest to your own fans(primarily the teeny bopper crowd) that if they started behaving in a more humble manner things would be a little different. I dont think that anyone on here not from Lawrence Co. will suggest to you that average Lawrence fan is not just about impossible to stomach. They just cant handle success anymore than they know how to handle defeat. I have more than one PM from the kidergarten corps that I can forward to prove my point.

As for the adversity you speak of, yeah it's a shame things that have been condoned should have never been allowed to take place by those who should know better of and been a better example of. Kids respond as their example before them. Kudos for having to work through those obstacles, which bottom line to me is way more commendable than any All American status. So with all this in mind, congratulations to Chandler Shepherd on the honors bestowed.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:Im not arguing that point. Whether Chandler gets clocked at 87 or 93 MPH he is still the smart kid he always has been. That may be what did it as well. He is not only a powerful pitcher but he is a smart pitcher as well, and Chandler I believe has a great future ahead of him? That wasn't my point at all. I'm saying that regardless of that, there are quite a few saying that all LC has to do is put Shep on the mound and they'll win and that just simply is not the case. Pville has proven themselves worthy of respect and I think it's about time they started getting some from people? If not, well LC can just do what they did last year.....watch the Panthers play at Applebees from the stands!!

Agreed on all points except the lack of a live arm could become an obstacle at the next level. Whichever one it is.
thewiz Wrote:TPX louisville slugger all american team....

and your panthers will do no such thing with him on the mound,

Oops, didnt mean for them to trash you Seger.

My Panthers welcome him on the mound. Let the best team win.

Oh yeah, My Panthers will be in the Region, LC must get by Paintsville, Johnson Central, and Sheldon Clark. I hope you are and I hope we meet because nothing would be sweeter than beating LC with him on the mound.

Congrats Chandler, you have made the whole region proud with your accomplishments.
JackRabbitSlim Wrote:I think it is very important to give congrats to Chandler!! I think like everyone said he is the elite pitcher in Eastern Kentucky. I think it is also relevant to state that he got this "All American" status without really throwing a pitch since he was a sophomore, and his stats were probably better his freshman year. The fact that he had surgery does play a part in this and does maybe put Pikeville on a level playing field when he is on the mound? Pikeville proved last season they can compete with anyone. They had a "who's going to blink first" game in the All "A" last year against Lexington Christian as well as a great run in the tourny. I think that experience alone puts them on a level playing field? Chandler is by far the best pitcher in the region, that's really not up for debate, but just because he is on the mound doesnt mean Pikeville can't win? If anything with LC sitting at home last season watching the Panthers move on maybe even puts the edge over to Pikeville? Just remember you still have to score atleast one run no matter who's on the mound?
Just wondering Slim if you cought any Shepherd games during the summer run with Midland for the CM world series. I did not. I did see about 300 pitches or so at the Dunbar,Tates Creek tournies and E/W game. Also a few summer games before he left for Cinn. He was on a 60 pitch count by rehab. limit. Iunderstand that the Dunbar coaches clocked at 88 and at E/W 91. My whole point is that the people assigning AA status may have used data besides an East Ky. High School game. I don't know however. Also with a kid that can hit 500 and run 6.67 60's,you never know what the deal is. A U.K. coach recently told me they like their players to run between 6.6 and 6.8. That sounds to me like a kid who could also play at D-1 in the outfield.